Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Same fella that reffed the u21 semi last against Cork. Be interesting if they pair Givney and Mckiernan together once Mckiernan gets a few games or, stick one of them in the half forward line. Michael Argue had a good game in the middle, but doubtful he will feature against Wexford with the u21 championship starting soon. Josh Hayes is having a good year so far with Cavan, showing the type of form that got him player of the year with UCD 2 years ago.

mylestheslasher

Who do you think will be the midfield partnership if all players are fit and well come championship time? I think it will still be Givney and possibly Argue. Gearoid would be a 3rd midfielder/ wing forward. What do ye reckon?

rodney trotter

Yeah I'd agree with that. Mooney can play midfield too, but more likely will be in the half forward line,though there is strong competition in the haf forward line too.

comeysfield

Not sure too many league games will go ahead but anybody want to name a few winners and lossers

Itchy

comeysfield

killinkere vs drung going ahead you can all come up and watch a classic !!

Itchy

Well done to St Pats. Late goal put them into the McRory semis 1-10 to 0-10.

I believe Eugene Keating was central to Ulster's semi final win in the inter pros, kicking 7 points.

Cavan ladies won too, first win of the league besting Clare by a goal despite having 3 players sin binned.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

packiedevlin

Anyone have the Pat's lineup?

cavanmaniac

Never say die seems to be part of Cavan football DNA these days. Great to see that.

Blue in hope

St Pats Team  that beat St Michaels on Sunday In Clones

ST PATRICK'S – M Fegan; P Bogue, D Monaghan, D Lunney; N Farrell, C McManus, B Argue; T Galligan, G McGovern; L Coleman, R Connolly, D Brady; T E Donohoe, M McKenna, C O'Reilly. Subs: S Tierney for Coleman (42), R Loftus for Lunney (45), P Smith for Donohoe(48), J J McGovern for Brady (62, BC).

rodney trotter

Hopefully Conaty and Darragh Gannon will be back for the Semi. Pearse Smith did very well when he came on, missed all of the League before Christmass. Ryan Connolly hit some scores in the first half, great talent.

elk

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 17, 2014, 03:37:58 PM
Hopefully Conaty and Darragh Gannon will be back for the Semi. Pearse Smith did very well when he came on, missed all of the League before Christmass. Ryan Connolly hit some scores in the first half, great talent.
I thought they struggled for periods of the game but at the end of the day they seemed to want it that little bit more than St. Micheals. Improvement needed for the semi's, looks a very open MacRory this year.

rodney trotter

Probaly a bit of nerves. First time Pats have been in the Quarter finals of the McRory in a long time. It was alway going to be a tough game with Enniskillen, they had a few Co Minors from last year from Fermanagh & Tyrone like Lee Brennan, . Pats beat them in the group stages of league by 3, so both sides would have been familiar. There was 2 key forwards missing for Pats, hopefully they will be back the next day. Still lots to  improve on

Denn Forever

For those with good internet access and can't make the game, Armagh TV are streaming the game.

For the first time ever, the Power NI Dr McKenna Cup Final will be streamed LIVE around the World by Linwoods Armagh TV. The game was moved to the Armagh Athletic Grounds on Monday morning after concerns that the original ground in Brewster Park, Enniskillen wouldn't be deemed playable. Tyrone and Cavan will contest the final with a throw in time of 8pm. Extra time will be required if the teams are level after normal time.

This is great news for Gaels who are situated around the globe and not able to make the Final. They can simply tune in by visiting the following link and watch the game free of charge.

http://www.armaghgaa.net/armaghtv

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...