Corcaigh v Ard Mhacha

Started by Real1995, April 03, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: gander on April 10, 2011, 04:39:40 PM
Quote from: under the bar on April 10, 2011, 04:22:21 PM
Stevie pulls a 'francie' - foul your opponent incessantly
then hit the deck at merest hint of retaliation.

from what I seen he was on the deck for about a half a second before he went after him

Ah ffs gander.

Orior

Happy days. Another year in Division 1 to look forward to.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

whitegoodman

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 10, 2011, 04:28:56 PM
That's the very definition of survival by the skin of your teeth. Very little positive to take from this League campaign bar glimpses of Jamie Clarke and improved performances from Dyas and Vernon. The defects are plain to see.

Was listening to Paddy O'Rourke after the match on Radio Ulster - he said that "We are happy to be in Division 1 next year." A little presumtious with the "we" perhaps.

Heard that interview myself, he sounded like a man who thinks he is there in the long term, dont think he realises how much he is disliked in the orange county ( mustnt read this forum or read the irish news on thursday)

bennydorano

Well done Armagh on staying up.  There's a bit of football in us, we haven't quite mastered the role of the subsitute AFAI can see, we always seem to weaken our side with subs that come on, although MAckin and Duffy were poor enough to deserve the hook.

Pre-championship camp is on Lourdes, get the holy stone of clonrickert out for a Ronan Clarke return :P

Barring a first round qualifier defeat to the likes of Clare, I'd say POr will get another year.

ogshead

Quote from: zoyler on April 10, 2011, 04:19:10 PM
Just saw replay of sending off incident on TnaG.  Stevie was fouling but he was elbowed in the face intentionally - no doubt about it.  Armagh stay up due to head to head win over Monaghan - probable more then we deserve but we'll live with it.

But he didn't hit the deck like a soccer player (or a Tyrone player). He actually chased after Cadogan. As someone said earlier, 'got a slap for his troubles'. No question about it... Striking = red card. I can't believe the TG4 presenter asking the Cork manager would they be appealing!!

INDIANA

Armagh fans cant seem to grasp Div 2 is about their level at present.

ogshead

Quote from: INDIANA on April 10, 2011, 07:25:37 PM

It actually seems a bit strange staying up after the way the results went this year. You may be right about the division 2 thing but the reality is Armagh will be in division 1. Now it's about a good championship run.

brokencrossbar1

If0 that is the case Indiana why are we still in Division 1?  Anyway we know our level, we are at best good enough to make it to the 1/4 finals but even that will be tough.  We a full squad and a coherent game plan I reckon we could match anyone bar Dublin, Kerry and Cork in the championship.  I feel that we can beat Down if we break even in MF and get our FB issues sorted.  In Jamie and Stevie we have genuine scoring threats but we need more from the HF line.   

Agent Orange

Strange that they stayed  up then.  ;)

We may as well hand Sam to the Jackeens now.

INDIANA

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 10, 2011, 07:46:50 PM
If0 that is the case Indiana why are we still in Division 1?  Anyway we know our level, we are at best good enough to make it to the 1/4 finals but even that will be tough.  We a full squad and a coherent game plan I reckon we could match anyone bar Dublin, Kerry and Cork in the championship.  I feel that we can beat Down if we break even in MF and get our FB issues sorted.  In Jamie and Stevie we have genuine scoring threats but we need more from the HF line.

As far as Dublin are concerned. And this is from inside the camp. The best team Dublin have played in the 6 months is Down.

On that basis I expect Down to beat Armagh.

Armagh at their very best currently are just about top 8 in my view. and would be at the lower end of the 8

Ethan Tremblay

Don't think theres much shame in losing to last years champs, maybe shame in the style of play the entire league campain, but losing to cork, in cork, was expected, even the diehards have to agree. 

Roll on the championship, i only hope por has a game plan, apart from his current one, which seems to be putting the down faithfull in a false sense of security  ;)
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

INDIANA

Quote from: Agent Orange on April 10, 2011, 07:54:43 PM

Strange that they stayed  up then.  ;)

We may as well hand Sam to the Jackeens now.

Well in fairness I've never been far wrong on gauging Dublin here. When they were crap- I said they were. Now that we have a good side I think I'm entitled to state the obvious.
Armagh are in total transition in my view and the fans are unrealistic in their expectations based on the talent available. I expect them to be good in about 3 years

bennydorano

:D holy jesus, you  gave Gilroy dogs abuse all last year, you were laughed off threads & now you've reinvented yourself as a sage? :D You're a knob more like.

And yes, Armagh are middling.

brokencrossbar1

So by your own logic Indiana we are a Division 1 level side, as the are 8 teams in each division and you reckon we're just about good enough to be in the 1/4 finals, which is the height of supporters expectations. Dublin played Armagh less at least 4 main players, 3 ogf which will be available. They played a more or less full Down side. I am not saying we will beat Down, simply that I feel we can.

DuffleKing

Quote from: INDIANA on April 10, 2011, 07:57:12 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 10, 2011, 07:46:50 PM

As far as Dublin are concerned. And this is from inside the camp. The best team Dublin have played in the 6 months is Down.

On that basis I expect Down to beat Armagh.

Armagh at their very best currently are just about top 8 in my view. and would be at the lower end of the 8

Division one then you knobjockey?