Kerry v Mayo, League Final 2022, Croke Park 3rd April 4pm

Started by highorlow, March 31, 2022, 09:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

New topic here for us civilized Mayo and Kerry supporters. The other thread has turned into a quagmire of bullshite.

I think this match is more 50/50 than the bookies have it made out to be. Mayo have no problems in a shoot out type of match and I expect this to be one of them. Too close to call IMO.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rosnarun

I would agree but mayos injuries have become a bit of a mini crisis. while a lot of new talent has come to the fore , no team can lose players like may have in the last few months through injury and thrive. not to metion it has come a after 2 years of batch retirements/
of cpourse may can dod it but itll take an almighty effort
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Armagh18

What is causing these injuries? Theres 2 years in a row the marquee forward has been ruled out for the year, along with all the other injuries. Do we reckon its over training/burn out? Or just plain bad luck?

highorlow

I was close enough to the Harrison injury on Sunday and I'm blaming the field in Carrick. The knee gave in and I don't think anyone was near him at the time.

COC did his Achilles in, not sure what causes this type of injury....

DOC seems to have hamstrings on him like Brady Ham.

Tommy Conroy was unlucky in the sigerson.

The thing is it's always key players that get injured for us, e.g. Parsons and Andy Moran back in the day to name a couple.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on March 31, 2022, 09:51:49 AM
New topic here for us civilized Mayo and Kerry supporters. The other thread has turned into a quagmire of bullshite.

I think this match is more 50/50 than the bookies have it made out to be. Mayo have no problems in a shoot out type of match and I expect this to be one of them. Too close to call IMO.

Agreed regarding the prediction. I just hope Mayo's forwards can find form in front of goal be it points or goals to rack up a score high enough to win. Any word of Kerry injuries? Ours are well documented unfortunately.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Armagh18

Quote from: highorlow on March 31, 2022, 11:23:29 AM
I was close enough to the Harrison injury on Sunday and I'm blaming the field in Carrick. The knee gave in and I don't think anyone was near him at the time.

The thing is it's always key players that get injured for us, e.g. Parsons and Andy Moran back in the day to name a couple.
Did he play in the league at all? Been out a serious long time whats the story there? Good chance ye woulda beat them huers beside us last year if he'd been playing.

Mayo4Sam14

Massive game for Kerry imo, far more so than Mayo. It's time for the golden boys to start delivering. And it's actually a few years since Kerry have gone to croke park and beaten mayo, last time was 2011 technically. Whereas if mayo go out and hold there on then whatever, Kerry were favourites anyway and we move straight onto galway in a few weeks time.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

rosnarun

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2022, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: highorlow on March 31, 2022, 11:23:29 AM

Did he play in the league at all? Been out a serious long time whats the story there? Good chance ye woulda beat them huers beside us last year if he'd been playing.

roumors are hes in the 26 for sunday but i've heard that before
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Connacht telegraph has reported this week that Cillian O'Connor is flying in training though remains to be seen if he'll be included in the match day 26.

This final will probably be simliar to the 2019 NFL whereby Mayo will target goals to win, if they don't get them i think Kerry will win narrowly.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

greatpoint

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on March 31, 2022, 03:49:05 PM
Massive game for Kerry imo, far more so than Mayo. It's time for the golden boys to start delivering. And it's actually a few years since Kerry have gone to croke park and beaten mayo, last time was 2011 technically. Whereas if mayo go out and hold there on then whatever, Kerry were favourites anyway and we move straight onto galway in a few weeks time.

I'm not sure it matters that much for either team. Both have won League finals in recent years and have still regularly fallen short when it's counted.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: greatpoint on March 31, 2022, 04:19:53 PM

I'm not sure it matters that much for either team. Both have won League finals in recent years and have still regularly fallen short when it's counted.

It's not the be all and end all but I think it wouldn't be good psychologically for Kerry to lose to Mayo in Croke Park again

Captain Obvious

Quote from: greatpoint on March 31, 2022, 04:19:53 PM

It's a national title to be won in Croke Park of course it will matter to the players and management. This type of comment just highlights the attitude towards the second most important competition the GAA have.

blanketattack

A loss would probably benefit Kerry more than a win.
Trashing Tyrone and 5 other teams last year was no benefit to Kerry when it came to their first real Championship test.
If Kerry can get some fluidity in attack and get some game time for some of the players recently back from injury such as Gavin White, it would be a big positive.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: blanketattack on March 31, 2022, 10:19:39 PM
A loss would probably benefit Kerry more than a win.
Trashing Tyrone and 5 other teams last year was no benefit to Kerry when it came to their first real Championship test.
If Kerry can get some fluidity in attack and get some game time for some of the players recently back from injury such as Gavin White, it would be a big positive.

I don't know about that, if they keep losing on these occasions it'll start to become a psychological weight

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose