Ibrahim Halawa

Started by Eamonnca1, October 24, 2017, 06:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

He'll learn a lesson from it at the end of the day.  Went into something that had no bearing on his life and ultimately had nothing to do with him.  I doubt he will try and act the rebel again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 25, 2017, 01:53:51 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2017, 12:21:35 AM
Well plenty of people who look exactly like him believed he has up to no good either, so I suppose they are rascists too.
Plenty of people who looked and sounded like the Birmingham Six thought they were up to no good either.

He went looking for trouble and he got it....end of
He went on holiday with his family.

If you don't want to hear people's opinions dont bother starting a fvckin thread.
Who said anything about "not wanting to hear other people's opinions?" I started this thread knowing full well it'd attract all the racist attitudes I've come to expect. I enjoy getting people to open their mouths and make fools out of themselves so I can mock them.

Absolute arrogance! you see racism everywhere and judging by your last post you love yourself and have a very high opinion of your intellect, don't have a very high opinion of your intellect, as for racism, there is none to see here kid.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sid waddell

Who knew so many Northern GAA people supported the incarceration of the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four?

Thankfully the Halawa case has exposed these people's real views, given that there is essentially no difference between it and those cases.

macdanger2

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 25, 2017, 04:04:32 AM
Family holiday  ;D ;D ;D

Look the lad was naive and got involved in something he should have kept out off considering the military were playing hard ball. His parents should have given him better direction and/or put their foot down a bit more.

It was a rough lesson but lets not pretend that he was there defending western principles like democracy. And even if he was why should democracy be imposed on Egypt they've been around a fair few years without it, while democracy serves us up beauties like Trump, DUP and Brexit.

Not sure what you mean by that - there was a dictator (not gaddafi), he was overthrown, there was an election where Morsi and the Muslim brotherhood were elected and then there was a military coup (presumably backed by outside forces) to install a new leader. That it was the Muslim brotherhood who were deposed doesn't change the fact that it was a coup

Rossfan

Glad the lad is home.
4 years in jail then found not guilty......
Good old Western friendly illegal Governments..... 

As an aside - must say I H didn't look malnourished so was obviously fed ok anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on October 25, 2017, 09:14:47 AM
Who knew so many Northern GAA people supported the incarceration of the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four?

Thankfully the Halawa case has exposed these people's real views, given that there is essentially no difference between it and those cases.

Well thats your opinion, but plenty of people have a different opinion

They went to Egypt and willingly participated in an act of civil unrest against a military dictatorship.

Maybe they should watch a few episodes of Locked up Abroad before chosing the location of next years holiday

Itchy

Quote from: stew on October 25, 2017, 09:09:01 AM
Well plenty of people who look exactly like him believed he has up to no good either, so I suppose they are rascists too.
Plenty of people who looked and sounded like the Birmingham Six thought they were up to no good either.

If you don't want to hear people's opinions dont bother starting a fvckin thread.
Who said anything about "not wanting to hear other people's opinions?" I started this thread knowing full well it'd attract all the racist attitudes I've come to expect. I enjoy getting people to open their mouths and make fools out of themselves so I can mock them.

Absolute arrogance! you see racism everywhere and judging by your last post you love yourself and have a very high opinion of your intellect, don't have a very high opinion of your intellect, as for racism, there is none to see here kid.

Stew - the bit in bold above is racist. It insinuates importance in what a person thinks based on what they look like. In this case dark coloured skin.

whitey

Quote from: Itchy on October 25, 2017, 11:53:59 AM

Stew - the bit in bold above is racist. It insinuates importance in what a person thinks based on what they look like. In this case dark coloured skin.

Quite the opposite....I was accused of being rascist because I have little if any sympathy for him.

My lack of sympathy has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it has to do with his own actions that led hm to this place

If those stupid cvnts in Galway had gotten drowned last week.....I wouldnt have had any sympathy for them either.  My lack of sympathy has nothing to to with the fact theyre from Galway

My question/statement was (until you tried to twist it) are the Egyptians who locked him up also rascist?

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2017, 10:45:23 AM

They went to Egypt and willingly participated in an act of civil unrest against a military dictatorship.

Maybe they should watch a few episodes of Locked up Abroad before chosing the location of next years holiday
How interesting that you're defending the incarceration of an innocent Irish citizen.

We can all guess why that is.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on October 25, 2017, 12:12:25 PM

How interesting that you're defending the incarceration of an innocent Irish citizen.

We can all guess why that is.

He brought it on himself.  If you think Im saying that because Im rascist, well thats your opinion and your perfectly entitled to it . This is a discussion board....thats what people do.....share opinions

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2017, 12:03:09 PM

Quite the opposite....I was accused of being rascist because I have little if any sympathy for him.

My lack of sympathy has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it has to do with his own actions that led hm to this place

If those stupid cvnts in Galway had gotten drowned last week.....I wouldnt have had any sympathy for them either.  My lack of sympathy has nothing to to with the fact theyre from Galway

My question/statement was (until you tried to twist it) are the Egyptians who locked him up also rascist?

The Egyptians who locked him up are part of a military coup, back by the US, to over throw a democratically elected government. The colour of their skin is irrelevant.

whitey

Quote from: Itchy on October 25, 2017, 12:27:51 PM

The Egyptians who locked him up are part of a military coup, back by the US, to over throw a democratically elected government. The colour of their skin is irrelevant.

Correct.....but would you please complete the story and tell us all what the Muslim Brotherhood did once they were elected that caused Morsi to be ousted by the military.

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2017, 12:31:00 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 25, 2017, 12:27:51 PM

Correct.....but would you please complete the story and tell us all what the Muslim Brotherhood did once they were elected that caused Morsi to be ousted by the military.

How is that relevant?  You are allowed democracy as long as it gives the right result? In any case, throwing innocent people in jail for no reason is not allowed in the civilized world.

johnneycool

They went to Egypt and willingly participated in an act of civil unrest against a military dictatorship who had forcibly overthrow a democratically elected government, but because the military are heavily financed by the US due to the land border with Palestine the west didn't like that particular form of democracy and were OK with the suppression of democracy in this instance

Fixed that for you as some here are getting confused or ignoring what was actually happening in Egypt at the time.

whitey

Quote from: johnneycool on October 25, 2017, 01:57:57 PM

They went to Egypt and willingly participated in an act of civil unrest against a military dictatorship who had forcibly overthrow a democratically elected government, but because the military are heavily financed by the US due to the land border with Palestine the west didn't like that particular form of democracy and were OK with the suppression of democracy in this instance

Fixed that for you as some here are getting confused or ignoring what was actually happening in Egypt at the time.

Well if he and his sisters knew how to read, they wouldnt have gone there "on holidays" in the first place

https://www.dfa.ie/news-and-media/press-releases/press-release-archive/2013/july/developments-in-egypt/

"At this stage, in view of the serious events overnight and in recent days, my Department has recommended against all non-essential travel to Egypt"

He went looking for trouble, and he got it