Ibrahim Halawa

Started by Eamonnca1, October 24, 2017, 06:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Ah, the old conservative fallback. Complain about being called a racist when you're being racist.

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 24, 2017, 09:33:40 PM
The family went there on holiday and got caught up in demonstrations.

"Caught up"!! PMSL. He got caught alright. Up to no good.

Reminds me of others who get up to no good that liberals seem to want to give a free pass to.

So where shall we go for the summer holidays next year kids?

Tramore? Bundoran? Eurodisney? Costa Del sol? Gaza Strip? Raqqa?

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on October 24, 2017, 09:39:18 PM
Ahhhh the old liberal fallback....accuse me of rascism

For the record, neither I would also have sympathy if the people who went swimming in Salthill during the hurricane got drowned

I would have no sympathy either for people who climb Croagh Patrick when the climb is cancelled due to bad weather

Want to shut down debate? Either accuse others of trolling or pull out the race card. Never fails.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on October 24, 2017, 08:13:54 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 24, 2017, 07:59:04 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 24, 2017, 07:48:29 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 24, 2017, 06:05:44 PM
After four years in Egypt jail, Ibrahim Halawa is home

QuoteAn Irishman who was detained in Egypt for more than four years has finally returned home after being acquitted in September.

Ibrahim Halawa, arrested at the age of 17 as part of a deadly crackdown on protests in Cairo, had faced the death penalty.

He flew into Dublin Airport on Tuesday to a welcoming party, having travelled on the plane with Sean O Regan, ambassador of Ireland to Egypt.

Imagine going on a family holiday as a 17 year-old only to be arrested, tortured and facing the prospect of being sentenced to death. Seems like the Irish government deserves some credit for working on this case and getting him out. Fair play to them and shame on the Egyptian authorities for dragging their heels on this. 4 years is a long time to be locked up for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Egypt is essentially a third world country ruled by a military dictatorship.  Who in their right mind would go here to partke in political demonstrations?  What the fvck did he and his sister think would happen to them if $hit went pear shaped?  Not an ounce of sympathy for him from here

What did those fools on bloody Sunday think would happen protesting in a orange state under British army control.

I have no idea....I wasn't there, but last time I checked the Catholics were not trying to impose Sharia Law on anyone on Bloody Sunday.

I'd hazard a guess you weren't in Cairo either so you wouldn't know anything about that either.

Syferus

QuoteAn Irishman who was detained in Egypt for more than four years has finally returned home after being acquitted in September.

Ibrahim Halawa, arrested at the age of 17 as part of a deadly crackdown on protests in Cairo, had faced the death penalty.

He flew into Dublin Airport on Tuesday to a welcoming party, having travelled on the plane with Sean O Regan, ambassador of Ireland to Egypt.

Imagine going on a family holiday as a 17 year-old only to be arrested, tortured and facing the prospect of being sentenced to death. Seems like the Irish government deserves some credit for working on this case and getting him out. Fair play to them and shame on the Egyptian authorities for dragging their heels on this. 4 years is a long time to be locked up for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Egypt is essentially a third world country ruled by a military dictatorship.  Who in their right mind would go here to partke in political demonstrations?  What the fvck did he and his sister think would happen to them if $hit went pear shaped?  Not an ounce of sympathy for him from here

Oh wait, you don't believe him, do you? I wonder why that is. If his name were "Seamus O'Flynn" and his skin a bit paler would you believe him then? And did you believe the "Birmingham bombers" when they claimed they had just been playing with cards rather than handling explosives?

Eygpt during the Arab Spring is not a holiday destination.

macdanger2

Tbf, they were protesting about the illegal overthrow of a democratically elected president in a country which had only just overthrown a long serving dictator. Travelling was perhaps unwise and naive but being of Egyptian heritage (their parents presumably lived under Gaddafi and chose to leave) it's understandable that they would feel an affinity with that country and sympathy with what was happening there

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on October 24, 2017, 10:29:52 PM

Oh wait, you don't believe him, do you? I wonder why that is. If his name were "Seamus O'Flynn" and his skin a bit paler would you believe him then? And did you believe the "Birmingham bombers" when they claimed they had just been playing with cards rather than handling explosives?

Eygpt during the Arab Spring is not a holiday destination.

You are certain,  they weren't visiting family and got caught up in the whole optimism of potentially having a democracy? You'd know after all from your spy base in roscommon.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 24, 2017, 10:39:23 PM

Tbf, they were protesting about the illegal overthrow of a democratically elected president in a country which had only just overthrown a long serving dictator. Travelling was perhaps unwise and naive but being of Egyptian heritage (their parents presumably lived under Gaddafi and chose to leave) it's understandable that they would feel an affinity with that country and sympathy with what was happening there

I'm quoting that out before you get a chance to edit and correct it!

macdanger2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 24, 2017, 10:49:52 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 24, 2017, 10:39:23 PM

I'm quoting that out before you get a chance to edit and correct it!

Doh  :o

whitey

Well plenty of people who look exactly like him believed he has up to no good either, so I suppose they are rascists too.

He went looking for trouble and he got it....end of

If you don't want to hear people's opinions dont bother starting a fvckin thread.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 24, 2017, 09:44:35 PM
Ah, the old conservative fallback. Complain about being called a racist when you're being racist.

Nobody is being racist you feckin gobshite!

He has an alternative view, deal with it!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2017, 12:21:35 AM
Well plenty of people who look exactly like him believed he has up to no good either, so I suppose they are rascists too.
Plenty of people who looked and sounded like the Birmingham Six thought they were up to no good either.

He went on holiday with his family.

If you don't want to hear people's opinions dont bother starting a fvckin thread.
Who said anything about "not wanting to hear other people's opinions?" I started this thread knowing full well it'd attract all the racist attitudes I've come to expect. I enjoy getting people to open their mouths and make fools out of themselves so I can mock them.

Puckoon

This. It's not too far from the American kid who thought to steal the North Korea propaganda. Idiotic decision making at best.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 25, 2017, 01:53:51 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 25, 2017, 12:21:35 AM
Plenty of people who looked and sounded like the Birmingham Six thought they were up to no good either.

He went on holiday with his family.

Who said anything about "not wanting to hear other people's opinions?" I started this thread knowing full well it'd attract all the racist attitudes I've come to expect. I enjoy getting people to open their mouths and make fools out of themselves so I can mock them.

This guy and his sisters went looking for trouble and they got it in spades.....maybe next year, theyll go to Butlins or Majorca on their holidays.  If hes innocent, then its a shame what happened, but he, and he alone put himself that position

omaghjoe

Family holiday  ;D ;D ;D

Look the lad was naive and got involved in something he should have kept out off considering the military were playing hard ball. His parents should have given him better direction and/or put their foot down a bit more.

It was a rough lesson but lets not pretend that he was there defending western principles like democracy. And even if he was why should democracy be imposed on Egypt they've been around a fair few years without it, while democracy serves us up beauties like Trump, DUP and Brexit.