Started by DownFanatic, September 07, 2018, 10:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 17, 2018, 08:40:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 17, 2018, 08:27:42 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 17, 2018, 08:25:55 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 17, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
Awful way to go out! I them games should go to replays
Awful way to win or lose a championship game. I'd blame those in congress for voting in such nonsense to decide games.

Can't have it every way, complain about fixture congestion and then complain about games being finished on the day.
Final is not scheduled until December so was no need to rush and finish the game on the day.

It's a Congress decision not an Ulster GAA decision. Same applies to Provincial county championship and the qualifiers

stillsenior

Quote from: Orior on November 17, 2018, 10:17:32 PM
St Endas, Grimgrimley won by two points.
I see they topped Div 1 A in Antrim so how come they are playing Intermediate Championship

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stillsenior on November 18, 2018, 11:46:12 AM
Quote from: Orior on November 17, 2018, 10:17:32 PM
St Endas, Grimgrimley won by two points.
I see they topped Div 1 A in Antrim so how come they are playing Intermediate Championship

Div 1 B?  Creggan won div 1 A
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Moving the AI final forward by a few weeks was pointless, as county finals and now provincial ties are still being played at the same time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on November 18, 2018, 11:54:30 AM
Moving the AI final forward by a few weeks was pointless, as county finals and now provincial ties are still being played at the same time.

It's the first year, give it a chance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2018, 12:03:49 PM

It will make no difference until the provincial championships follow suit, no point in being finished up winning your club championship in August and you don't play in Ulster until Halloween
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 18, 2018, 12:10:49 PM

It will make no difference until the provincial championships follow suit, no point in being finished up winning your club championship in August and you don't play in Ulster until Halloween

Exactly, anyways it will be 14 degrees and sunny today! Great day for it

Norf Tyrone

It has been better I think.

There hasn't been that rushed feeling and most counties got at least 1 x week off before the provincial series.

Last year teams were playing county finals and provincial finals on the same weekend!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Esmarelda

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 18, 2018, 01:38:44 PM

It has been better I think.

There hasn't been that rushed feeling and most counties got at least 1 x week off before the provincial series.

Last year teams were playing county finals and provincial finals on the same weekend!
It gives county boards the scope to have more games in their championship, complete league games early etc. It can only be seen as an improvement. So what if the provincial games are still on? Most clubs around the country are benefiting from it.

DownFanatic

Ulster Football Intermediate Club Championship

20th / 21st October: First Round:
(a) Doire (Banagher) 2-11 V Fear Manach (Belnaleck) 0-09

3rd / 4th November: Quarter Finals:
(b) Aontroim (St Enda's) 2-15 V Muineachan (Doohamlet) 3-05
(c) Ard Mhacha (St Peter's) 2-13 V Tir Eoghain (Tattyreagh) 3-11
(d) An Cabhan (Mullahoran) 3-13 V An Dun (Bredagh) 2-11
(e) Dun na nGall (Glenfin) 0-08 V (a) Doire (Banagher) 2-13

17th / 18th November: Semi Finals:
Aontroim (St Enda's) 0-13 V Tir Eoghain (Tattyreagh) 1-08
An Cabhan (Mullahoran) 1-21 V Doire (Banagher) 0-22

1st / 2nd December: Final

Aontroim (St Enda's) v An Cabhan (Mullahoran)

Ulster Football Junior Club Championship

13th October: First Round:
(a) An Cabhan (Drumlane) 3-07 V Muineachan (Emyvale) 5-13

20th / 21st October: Quarter Finals:
(b) Ard Mhacha (Keady) 2-10 V Fear Manach (Aghadrumsee) 1-15
(c) Doire (Limavady) 2-09 V An Dun (Teconnaught) 0-11
(d) Aontroim (Glenravel) 0-08 V Dún na nGall (Red Hughs) 3-08
(e) Tir Eoghain (Newownstewart) 1-09 V Muineachan (Emyvale) 2-15

3rd / 4th November: Semi Finals:
Fear Manach (Aghadrumsee) 1-09 V Doire (Limavady) 1-13
Dún na nGall (Red Hughs) 1-13 V Muineachan (Emyvale) 0-12

17th / 18th November: Final

Dún na nGall (Red Hughs) 1-11 v Doire (Limavady) 1-09

8th / 9th December: Twinning Final V British champions (Home)

Maroon Manc

Red Hughs play Dunedin Connolly's of Edinburgh who beat Neasden Gaels  yesterday who had Connaire Harrison playing for them. I was at the match, a brilliant second half of football and Connolly's will fancy their chances of progressing based on what I saw yesterday.

Norf Tyrone

Does Ulster play Britain every year in Junior? It was Naomh Colmcille v Dunedin last year!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tiempo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 19, 2018, 01:16:05 PM
Does Ulster play Britain every year in Junior? It was Naomh Colmcille v Dunedin last year!

No it was previously on rotation against the 4 provinces, now its locked in as the so-called Twinning Final v Ulster, whatever quisling dreamt that up?
Strange also given that London senior champions enter the first round of Connacht, maybe they're twinned too?  :o

clarshack

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 19, 2018, 11:12:55 AM
Red Hughs play Dunedin Connolly's of Edinburgh who beat Neasden Gaels  yesterday who had Connaire Harrison playing for them. I was at the match, a brilliant second half of football and Connolly's will fancy their chances of progressing based on what I saw yesterday.

Dunedin would need to have improved since 2 years ago. Rock gave them a bit of a hammering then.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: clarshack on November 19, 2018, 04:59:24 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 19, 2018, 11:12:55 AM

Dunedin would need to have improved since 2 years ago. Rock gave them a bit of a hammering then.

In fairness the Ulster champions only beat Dunedin by a point last year so they've certainly improved.