Lack of interest in Lge of Ireland

Started by Rossfan, October 22, 2007, 07:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I notice none of the Soccer fellas on this forum made any mention of a historic first League title for Drogheda last Friday night? :-\
It can't be that ye are all only armchair followers of the fashionable Sky elements of the boring game  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty88

Na its because that drogheda team are a bunch of boring c***ts.

Next year should be a good title race. St pats to spend big under the leadership of stephen Kenny and Derry to be back under Robo.

Summary, robo to pipe kenny for the title next year!
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2007, 07:55:15 PM
I notice none of the Soccer fellas on this forum made any mention of a historic first League title for Drogheda last Friday night? :-\
It can't be that ye are all only armchair followers of the fashionable Sky elements of the boring game  ::)

Your a bitter little man...  ::)
Im actually a Kilkenny City fan and even played for a youth team that they had for a few seasons
I agree with what 5ive Times posted though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2007, 09:08:56 PM

Im actually a Kilkenny City fan and even played for a youth team that they had for a few seasons
I heard you gave it to become a professional Angler LL  ???
Any truth in these rumours  :D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on October 22, 2007, 09:42:39 PM

You on the Drugs again?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2007, 09:43:27 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on October 22, 2007, 09:42:39 PM

You on the Drugs again?
Again? Mod you seen it a personal attack!  :P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Gnevin you would be the first to complain if someone went off topic on a thread so if you have nothing to say on this topic please move along
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2007, 09:48:32 PM
Gnevin you would be the first to complain if someone went off topic on a thread so if you have nothing to say on this topic please move along
Awe LL getting upset about your precious soccer again ?  ::) Was just trying to have a bit of a laugh with you but if your going to throw your toys out of the pram I'll move along

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on October 22, 2007, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2007, 09:48:32 PM
Awe LL getting upset about your precious soccer again ?  ::) Was just trying to have a bit of a laugh with you but if your going to throw your toys out of the pram I'll move along

Good man thanks
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

We all know the soccer lads in this country are armchair fans who would use any excuse not to go to a game. I have been to many a Shamrock Rovers match and I will never understand how they got worse as they got more professional!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: Tankie on October 22, 2007, 10:51:29 PM
We all know the soccer lads in this country are armchair fans who would use any excuse not to go to a game. I have been to many a Shamrock Rovers match and I will never understand how they got worse as they got more professional!
So you'd call going bankrupt 3 times  and losing your ground more professional ?

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on October 22, 2007, 10:53:09 PM
So you'd call going bankrupt 3 times  and losing your ground more professional ?

Well i was talking about the players. As a club tho its been run by clowns ever since the real businessmen done a runner in 87.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: Tankie on October 22, 2007, 10:56:50 PM

Well i was talking about the players. As a club tho its been run by clowns ever since the real businessmen done a runner in 87.
I was talking about the ground in Tallaght the Council took back off them but i suppose building site would be a better description

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on October 22, 2007, 11:12:59 PM
Quote from: Tankie on October 22, 2007, 10:56:50 PM

I was talking about the ground in Tallaght the Council took back off them but i suppose building site would be a better description

Sure the whole setup of Soccer in this country is a joke. If your any good you head off to England at 15 or 16 and see how you go, most fail and come back to little job prospects, the FAI should be doing something to help these guys out.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: marty88 on October 22, 2007, 08:51:49 PM
Na its because that drogheda team are a bunch of boring c***ts.

Next year should be a good title race. St pats to spend big under the leadership of stephen Kenny and Derry to be back under Robo.

Summary, robo to pipe kenny for the title next year!

You never know, Kenny might not be long at Dunfermline the way they are going at the minute.