Another Gang Killing in Dublin

Started by Kerry Mike, October 23, 2007, 12:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

With John Daly getting shot how many more people just shrugged their shoulders and thought "live by the sword die by the sword", 20,30 or 40 years ago, any murder was big news now it gets a few minor headlines and is just added to the stats, what are we becoming as a society where the respect for life is fading while our crime levels are soaring. And what can be done to prevent these gangland killings, I feel its only a matter of time before we have a big wild west style shootout between rivals gangs with multiple deaths in weither Dublin or Limerick.

Looks like Daly created alot of enemies for himself with his little bravado chat on the radio, all the scumbags in Portlaoise losing their Widescreen TV and their stashes of mobile phones and other contraband, not to mention the list of ememies he had on the outside, I remember thinking at the time of the radio chat that he was asking for trouble after that, but like most gangland killings it will be hard to prove out the case with the levels of intimidation that goes on.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

In truth, I don't think the phone call to Joe 'waste of airtime' Duffy was a factor in this. This lad was a member of a gang whose numbers have dropped from 15 to 4 (now) since 1997. Something like 7 murdered, 2 suicides and 2 natural causes. According to Paul McWilliams on Newstalk yesterday, Daly had made many enemies over the years who were all just waiting for him to get out.

Tankie

The thing i found best about this was when Bertie can out and said that it was time for people to stand up to these people as a society. Once again a Bertie classic, why doesnt his government or the Garda do something about these people?
Grand Slam Saturday!

bourger

There was a big price on his head after his liveline stunt. Seemingly he made prison tougher on a lot of powerful people.

These days contract killing is just another burgeoning Irish service industry.