We will face one of these
Tyrone/Louth
Cavan/Westmeath
Down/Laythrum
Waterford/CarlowB
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

We'll be playing Tyrone even if they lose to Louth.

Shrewdness

Tyrone would be the tricky one, but who knows. We'd certainly beat Waterford. I would give us a good chance against Cavan or Down. Neither of them is unbeatable.....It was interesting to contrast the scoring performance of our inter county forwards in the club championship last weekend...The U-21's scored freely. Diarmuid Murtagh scored 0-7, D Smith 0-9, E Smith 2-1 and Mark Nally 1-2... Some of our other forwards struggled for scores. David O' Gara didn't score anything, Ciaran Murtagh scored 0-1 and Senan Kilbride just 0-1 and that from a free.

Syferus

You can't hang your umbrellas on young lads!

Shrewdness

Syferus, i couldn't help thinking of John Evans while watching the England/Italy World Cup match. There was 19 year old Raheem Sterling playing in front of the eyes of the world, while 19 year old Diarmuid Murtagh can't start a Connacht Championship match, because ''you can't be hanging your coat on young fellas''.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 18, 2014, 10:41:19 PM
Syferus, i couldn't help thinking of John Evans while watching the England/Italy World Cup match. There was 19 year old Raheem Sterling playing in front of the eyes of the world, while 19 year old Diarmuid Murtagh can't start a Connacht Championship match, because ''you can't be hanging your coat on young fellas''.

Thought the very same thing myself watching that match.

He's right in that you can't just name a whole team of inexperienced players but when players like Enda Smith and Diarmuid Murtagh are doing it game-in game-out you can't ignore them because they're U21s. It wasn't an issue last year when Evans threw Enda in for his first ever senior start against one of the most experienced and cute sides in the country in the form of Tyrone.

Whatever case has can make against Smith not starting (with Donie out) I don't know how he can not start the younger Murtagh the next day. We were at our best this year with those two and Conor Daly starting, and Daly should be fit enough to be involved the next day.

If Evans picks the right team and matches it to his clearly good tactical sense we'll be in good shape for the next day.