Policing of Law Breaking Loyalist/Orange Parades

Started by Rossfan, June 25, 2013, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Seeing the following in the SF/PSNI I thought it best to set up a thread so EG could indeed comment on this subject. ;)

Quote from: Evil Genius on Today at 19:34:18
I suspect there may be other threads which deal with Policing and Parades etc.

Quote from Nally Stand Today ar 20:39
And if there were, I'm sure you would be all over such threads, busily condemning the behaviour of the bands for breaking the law in full view of the police yet again at the weekend

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nally Stand

At least he won't lie awake at night anymore, wishing this thread existed.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2013, 09:32:29 PM
Seeing the following in the SF/PSNI I thought it best to set up a thread so EG could indeed comment on this subject. ;)

And if there were, I'm sure you would be all over such threads, busily condemning the behaviour of the bands for breaking the law in full view of the police yet again at the weekend
If the worst offence committed in the course of the upcoming marching season is bands playing hymns instead of a single drum beat, then we'll be doing okay.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Orior

Is it now legal to burn rubber tyres on bonfires?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Franko

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 25, 2013, 10:55:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2013, 09:32:29 PM

If the worst offence committed in the course of the upcoming marching season is bands playing hymns instead of a single drum beat, then we'll be doing okay.

Are you are a little slow or being deliberately facetious? If the marchers openly flout a PC ruling it obviously stokes up tensions - inviting their counterparts (I.e. the dregs of nationalist society) to react. Why do you think Saturday's parade ended the way it did? Once one side steps out of line all bets are off.

Orior

In the loyalist mentality, parading and bonfires is their culture and is an equal and opposite to the GAA.

So if they parade where they are not wanted, does that mean gaelic footballers try harder during a match?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LeoMc

Quote from: Orior on June 26, 2013, 01:23:01 PM
In the loyalist mentality, parading and bonfires is their culture and is an equal and opposite to the GAA.

So if they parade where they are not wanted, does that mean gaelic footballers try harder during a match?

Rossknowlough must be more contentious that I thought going by the effort the Donegal lads are putting in.

NAG1

Quote from: Orior on June 26, 2013, 01:23:01 PM

This comparison always sticks in my throat and 'our' politicians have never for me done enough to distance the GAA from this rabble.

The GAA is s sporting organisation which as anything here has been touched by the troubles in different ways and has come through as strong and confident organisation. But to be compared to a hate filled rabble that's sole existence is hatred of all things Catholics and Irish people is to be condemned.

We should be calling this comparison every time it is raised by these low life Unionist politicians.

EC Unique

The OO and their marches should (and I think eventually will) be completely banned. They are no different than the KKK. No other western civilised society would entertain them.

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on June 26, 2013, 03:58:17 PM
The OO and their marches should (and I think eventually will) be completely banned. They are no different than the KKK. No other western civilised society would entertain them.

That'll be a while.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on June 26, 2013, 05:42:10 PM

That'll be a while.

Like I said....eventually.

Gabriel_Hurl

We have them here every year without any trouble - this year will be the 193rd in a row

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0XO4F4z_zM

michaelg

There speaks the voice of reason. 

Oraisteach

Context and venue, Gabe.  Do you go down town in your Tyrone jersey to see them march?  Would you be as keen to do that in Portadown?  Do our Canadian brethern build colossal 11th night bonfires in which they incinerate effigies, flags and symbols of things Catholic and Nationalist?  Do they march in a circle in front of a Catholic church playing Protestant hymns whose subtext is FTP.