British Imperialism at it again?

Started by Rossfan, October 11, 2012, 02:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theticklemister

They should be consulted without one shadow of a doubt.

Anyone do ye see that pic there on the link

Did the player not want to know that he plays for Kilkenny!!!

Syferus

In all honesty it's about the level they should have been playing at all along. Strange the players were never notified but whatever.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

From the Bunker

I don't see the problem in this move. if they are good enough they will do well and may even win something. But, I suppose if they are crap, they will be getting humiliated at a lower level. Reminds me of a friend i used to know who did the higher level of a subject he was useless at, as he reckoned that he would fail the lower level paper anyway, but it would not look as bad failing the Higher paper.

Eamonnca1

QuoteIt's a step backwards and that's no disrespect to the British championship

In other words "all disrespect to the British championship".

theticklemister

Graffiti which appeared in Dicksboro 3 hours ago.................

Rossfan

I wonder would the money that will be spent on Kilkenny traipsing around England be better spent on putting a bit of a football structure together in Kilkenny?
Then again maybe they could simply amalgamate with Carlow - in both hurling and football. Make as much sense as playing in a British Junior Championship.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: haveaharp on October 11, 2012, 02:30:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2012, 02:17:00 PM
Kilkenny now part of Britain   :o :o :o ;D

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=178972

London will hammer them.

It seems unlike Kilkenny, London are an Irish team!

Lancashire will fck Kilkenny Up. Lancashire abu.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Ard-Rí

Conas atá an foireann Learphoill ag éirí i mbliana?  ... níl an sacar i gceist ach oiread!

I think it was Forster's "Modern Ireland 1600-1972" that claimed that Kilkenny was the most anglicised county in Ireland (though I am recalling offhand). Perhaps we should offer Britain the Cats for Tyrone or something ... it would open up the Hurling championship too.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Syferus

Jaysusmissus, that's be like tradin' pure ah-vil for the Death Star. (No offense, GOD)

LeoMc

If we now have Kilkenny getting relegated to Division 5, essentially, will there be the option of promotion out of this division, i.e. the British champions getting to compete in Division 4. As London are there already it should not be too much of a stretch to allow Warwickshire or Lancashire (or even Kilkenny) to compete in Div 4 in 2014.

It could rejuvenate football on the bigger Island.

Syferus

By letting a rotating door of teams get hammered by 'glamour' opponents like Waterford and Carlow?

johnneycool

Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2012, 08:58:51 PM
I wonder would the money that will be spent on Kilkenny traipsing around England be better spent on putting a bit of a football structure together in Kilkenny?

100% right there Rossfan, now where do we go with the 20 odd counties that treat hurling the same way Kilkenny treat football?