Loughanisland Murders - Ombudsman Fudge

Started by Rossfan, June 24, 2011, 01:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Surprised there hasn't been some reaction to the "fudge" report of the  6 Cos /NI *Police Ombudsman to the murders of the 6 people in Loughanisland in 1994.
Seems the then RUC decided that there was a hierarchy of murder victims and only some were worth seriously investigating.
Meanwhile there was "no evidence of collusion between Security forces and (the obviously Loyalist/Unionist) murderers ".
Did he expect to find a file marked "collusion" in the RUC archives?
Result of this fudge will be more distress to relatives , an ongoing campaign for a proper enquiry which will be held  eventually at 5 times the cost of a proper investigation now.

* delete as approp
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

HiMucker

Just do a wee search on Robin Jackson on the internet and you will see the tip of the ice berg to state collusion with loyalist paramilitaries.

Rossfan

ross matt

Another example of disgusting sectarian murder carried out by thugs and facilitated by individuals in british officialdom at the time.

HiMucker

Quote from: ross matt on June 24, 2011, 03:22:20 PM
Another example of disgusting sectarian murder carried out by thugs and facilitated by individuals in british officialdom at the time.
The word in bold should be replaced with operational protocol!
The only reason Robin Jackson has never been charged with any of the 50 to 100+ murders he has been linked with is because of the evidence he had against the state which funded and trained him to do so.

ross matt

Quote from: HiMucker on June 24, 2011, 03:31:47 PM
The only reason Robin Jackson has never been charged with any of the 50 to 100+ murders he has been linked with is because of the evidence he had against the state which funded and trained him to do so.

Right. I see. He lived to die of natural causes too I notice.

deiseach

Pretty damning quote in the BBC's report about this:

Patrick McCreanor, a nephew of Dan McCreanor said: "How long will we keep on hearing the same old story. How many times can evidence go missing from police custody?

JUst retired

Anybody who expected any different result must be living in cloud cuckoo land. >:(

HiMucker

Quote from: ross matt on June 24, 2011, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on June 24, 2011, 03:31:47 PM
Right. I see. He lived to die of natural causes too I notice.
Lung cancer in 98 i think.  The same fate that fell upon his colleague Billy McCaughey.

Nally Stand

Anyone who needs an example into how seriously the British Government takes its responsibilities into coming clean on collusion need only remember that when the final Stevens Report was completed, it ran to 3,000 pages. The British Government released 22 of those pages (heavily censored pages at that).

Also noteworthy is that a day or two after the visit of her majesty (that visit where we were told that the relationship with britain would be all lovley and rosey after), the British Government announced that it would not be releasing any files related to the Dublin/Monaghan bombings.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Rossfan

EG and Tonto must have missed this thread  ??? ???

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on June 24, 2011, 05:22:03 PM

If the Short Strand thread is anything to go by:

EG should notice the thread when it reaches page 7.
Tonto will notice it when it reaches page 4.
Myles na G will appear when it reaches page 2 (in order to call anyone who expresses a view on the subject in question "bigoted and blinkered")
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Minder

What age are you? I cant imagine either of those posters approving of the Loughinisland massacre. You can be a Protestant and unioinist and not approve of that type of mayhem, the same way that you can be a catholic and nationalist and not approve of the IRA campaign. Sure all you have to do is say "the Loughinisland massacre was wrong, and should not have happened" and everything is fine and dandy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Evil Genius

I've only seen a few brief summaries of the Report (like virtually everyone else on here, I suspect).

But from what I've seen, the original Police investigation was hideously incompetent and inadequate etc. Therefore if any of the officers involved are still in the PSNI, they should be disciplined, with Court proceedings, if necessary etc.

Beyond that, I understand that the Ombudsman found little or no evidence of Collusion. Unlike  virtually everyone else on here, it seems, I am prepared to accept that.

For coincidentally, the conclusion of the the Millie Dowler Court case against Levi Bellfield yesterday has now revealed that the original investigation by Surrey Police was at least as incompetent and inadequate as that of the RUC over Loughinisland. Yet no-one could claim that the Dowler police were in any way unconcerned to find the perpetrator.

Therefore in the absence of hard, compelling evidence, I will leave the Conspiracy Theorising on Loughinisland to the keyboard experts.

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Cáthasaigh

The guns used in Loughinisland and most other Loyalist murders during the latter years of the state-directed terror campaign were brought in from South Africa by British agent Brian Nelson who had authorisation from Whitehall, given by Geoffrey Howe, to arm Britain's proxy killers. Any investigation into Loyalist atrocities by the British will be a whitewash because they will never admit to the truth and even if they did the intelligence agents and RUC men who directed the murder gangs have immunity from prosecution, just like the Bloody Sunday paras. Meanwhile Republicans are still being pursued and gaoled over pre-GFA charges but former Republicans get royal pardons and nice paychecks.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!