Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

How you win, away from home in an intimidating stadium against a team who are 7 times champions in a row!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bord na Mona man

From someone who looked stuffed a month ago, Mourinho has found some magic sauce lately.
The sort of comebacks and smash & grabs that Ferguson would be proud of.

Cunny Funt

Crazy game and an unbelievable result for United against one of the top sides in Europe which leaves them in a great position to get out of this group now. Juve tonight a prime example to any team if you don't take your chances it can come back to bite.

GJL

Over the Bar

In a week that United beat one of the best in their own back yard, the Scousers get humiliated by a team that hasn't won a CL game for 26 years.....the Champions League natural order has been restored....temporarily at least!  ;D

HiMucker

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 07, 2018, 09:56:16 PM
José will get in trouble for his antics at  the end
I think Jose is a dick, but I see nothing wrong with what he done. If fans are going to give it they have to be able
to take a bit back. With in reason of course, which I think Jose's reaction was. The Juve players reacting to him was a joke. Take your batin FFS.

screenexile

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 07, 2018, 10:08:19 PM
In a week that United beat one of the best in their own back yard, the Scousers get humiliated by a team that hasn't won a CL game for 26 years.....the Champions League natural order has been restored....temporarily at least!  ;D

Bizarre statement... and I don't even support Liverpool!

Main Street

Quote from: HiMucker on November 07, 2018, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 07, 2018, 09:56:16 PM
José will get in trouble for his antics at  the end
I think Jose is a dick, but I see nothing wrong with what he done. If fans are going to give it they have to be able
to take a bit back. With in reason of course, which I think Jose's reaction was. The Juve players reacting to him was a joke. Take your batin FFS.
I'd agree, as far as antics go with Jose, that hand cupping the ear with a wry smile was actually humorous and the Juve players went into Italian overdrive as if Jose had spat on a player's Lamborghini.

snoopdog

Fantastic result tonight. Shouldve been 3. Martial is top class and needs to be let at it. Fellaini caused havoc. He may be limited but a great guy to call for when you need to cause chaos. Sanchez put in a shift if not frustrating for him with lack of movement and early ball. Juve had their chances but they didnt kill the game. Mata free kick was superb. Fair play Jose your subs made the diff. Now on to city on sunday. 

magpie seanie

I know Juventus should have been farther ahead before Mata scored but United weren't bad last night. There was a method and a purpose to their play and they tried to be constructive when they had the ball. A lot of it came through Martial who is showing what I've always known he was capable of....he's really driving the team on now. Sanchez worked his tail off but he's a yard off where he used to be. Still, his movement alone is an improvement though it's now patently obvious Rashford needs a run at 9. I underestimated just how much Lukaku was holding this team back. He needs to be sold in January in case Jose gets tempted to revert to him. Pogba was a bit sleepy and silly in the first half but had some nice moments in the second half at times....frustrating player but I believe he is part of the solution. Smalling and Lindelof did well at the back and Shaw and Young got through a power of work. If I'm being picky Shaw and a couple of others were a little slow at closing down shooting opportunities (albeit from very long distance) at times which nearly cost United.

I've always maintained the players are good enough to be at least competitive at all levels. All it takes is for Mourinho to rein in his ego, actually coach the players he has and let them play. Trust them. That goes against his nature and the history of his entire career so I'm not hopeful.....and of course he couldn't just enjoy the win without kidnapping the headlines. I have to for once say that tactically United looked set up properly, the right personnel on the pitch (pretty much) and the right substitutions. The players attitude in the last month especially has been excellent too.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 08, 2018, 09:01:18 AM
I know Juventus should have been farther ahead before Mata scored but United weren't bad last night. There was a method and a purpose to their play and they tried to be constructive when they had the ball. A lot of it came through Martial who is showing what I've always known he was capable of....he's really driving the team on now. Sanchez worked his tail off but he's a yard off where he used to be. Still, his movement alone is an improvement though it's now patently obvious Rashford needs a run at 9. I underestimated just how much Lukaku was holding this team back. He needs to be sold in January in case Jose gets tempted to revert to him. Pogba was a bit sleepy and silly in the first half but had some nice moments in the second half at times....frustrating player but I believe he is part of the solution. Smalling and Lindelof did well at the back and Shaw and Young got through a power of work. If I'm being picky Shaw and a couple of others were a little slow at closing down shooting opportunities (albeit from very long distance) at times which nearly cost United.

I've always maintained the players are good enough to be at least competitive at all levels. All it takes is for Mourinho to rein in his ego, actually coach the players he has and let them play. Trust them. That goes against his nature and the history of his entire career so I'm not hopeful.....and of course he couldn't just enjoy the win without kidnapping the headlines. I have to for once say that tactically United looked set up properly, the right personnel on the pitch (pretty much) and the right substitutions. The players attitude in the last month especially has been excellent too.

Juve are a brilliantly well drilled team, their the most organised team defensively in Europe. Its nearly impossible to catch them on the break, their so quick at getting players back and closing the opposition team down so for United to come back and win that game in the final few minutes is a sensational result.

Pogba is the only disappointment, he was woeful and brainless for much of the game; Don't know whether the occasion got to him but that performance wasn't good enough. Martial especially in the last 15 minutes was outstanding, thought his work rate was spot on and finally seeing the best of him.

Mourinho has shown last night and against Chelsea he's still has it tactically and capable of making the correct subs that can turn games. Agree on Rashford he needs to start, his extra pace will help this team but would like to see Sanchez play on the right. Lukaku is a worry, he's miles of where he was last season.

johnnycool

Quote from: snoopdog on November 07, 2018, 10:52:49 PM
Fantastic result tonight. Shouldve been 3. Martial is top class and needs to be let at it. Fellaini caused havoc. He may be limited but a great guy to call for when you need to cause chaos. Sanchez put in a shift if not frustrating for him with lack of movement and early ball. Juve had their chances but they didnt kill the game. Mata free kick was superb. Fair play Jose your subs made the diff. Now on to city on sunday.

Did Moyes sign those two stars for Jose?

Milltown Row2

Been missing the usual suspects lately, I suppose they will be about after the City game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2018, 01:21:51 PM
Been missing the usual suspects lately, I suppose they will be about after the City game

Overthebar?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2018, 01:21:51 PM

We are all looking forward to that one, should be a good laugh