Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the hop

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 01, 2019, 04:36:49 PM
How is it self serving he only kicked with Emo so he could play County football as soon as that was over he was gone.  He would of played with any county that would of taken him,  he no doubt had ability but should have never been considered for Laois.  He serves no purpose for Laois bar he was slightly better than our own.  I have no truck with him,  but our managers should be from within always.

So who would you think in laois has a chance??

BallyroanAbu

Malachy(Fine by me), Clancy, Higgins, Eddie K, Kearns, Cotter,  Mcmahon, Donnacha, BOL, Eddie Kelly, Mark Rooney, Joe Higgins, Chris Conway, Noel Garvan loads  more

Every one of them would improve from being Laois manager and go back to their clubs in Laois improved for the experience .

Of course some of them are not up to it,  but if we promote from within and there is a clear pathway we will have more buy in.

Literally none of them could be worse than TOF or Peter Creedon

And you know what everyone of them care about Laois Football numero uno Kerry is not the first result the look to

Back them financially the same as an outsider, help them and improve them.

on the hop

I think you are being unfair to billy, he was one of the few laois supporters at a dead rubber o byrne cup match in bray this year.

BallyroanAbu

Move to Laois no iissue but he lives works and plays club football in Dublin.

Giovanni

If there were 2 equally qualified candidates - one from Laois and one from outside Laois - of course you'd have to give it to the Laoisman. There are clear advantages to having a local man in charge and that would certainly be ideal. But should we go for a less qualified candidate just because he's from Laois? I hope not.

BallyroanAbu

Chrimtain

Quote from: Giovanni on August 01, 2019, 09:20:11 PM
If there were 2 equally qualified candidates - one from Laois and one from outside Laois - of course you'd have to give it to the Laoisman. There are clear advantages to having a local man in charge and that would certainly be ideal. But should we go for a less qualified candidate just because he's from Laois? I hope not.

No!

Nameless

The Laois job shouldn't be an internship for inexperienced managers. They'll have to have done something to show they are capable of progressing things.

Giovanni

Well qualified isn't soldiering for Laois or being from Laois.

I would say that qualified is either having a track record of achievement at club or county level or having sufficiently convincing ideas about how you would do the job.

It's perfectly reasonable to think such people exist in Laois.

BallyroanAbu

Or for simpletons previously hired Billy's record doesn't really stack up

Don Draper

Brian Cody's prior experience in Kilkenny was managing The Village to a Senior Final.

Think outside the box gentlemen. 

High Fielder

Quote from: Nameless on August 01, 2019, 10:03:04 PM
The Laois job shouldn't be an internship for inexperienced managers. They'll have to have done something to show they are capable of progressing things.

I agree and I thought that almost went without saying. Some of the names mentioned are bizarre to say the least. Unfortunately there is no outstanding coach in Laois. If there was, he would have made his mark easily enough. Chris Conway at least was successful in Tipperary and he's the only one internally who interests me. I haven't seen anything in Laois that suggests that we have the know how to get results against other counties. Often times, the team is a lot better than the coach and as a result, they get so far and peter out. Sugrue worked with a successful team and had that know how. Eddie Brennan played in successful teams. Who have we got with that sort of pedigree?

Giovanni

Would agree that if you confine yourself to Laois only Chris Conway or Clancy suggest possibility

High Fielder

I personally wouldn't contemplate a Laois based coach except Sugrue Giovanni. I'd be looking towards Dublin because they have the know how and it's near. Someone like Bryan Cullen maybe although he's probably on mega bucks

Tony

If Sugrue is gone for certain I'd like to see Billy Sheehan or Chris Conway in there.