Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Monaghan's biggest problem was that they couldn't defend Tyrone's kickouts. Every time Monaghan chipped away at the Tyrone lead in the second half Morgan would pick out a man and Tyrone would basically waltz through for a shooting oppurtunity, most of which they took.

Beggan's misses from frees in the first half ironically reminded me of Morgan against Donegal in 2013.

Tyrone are used to winning in Croke Park in championship football. Monaghan are not and really let the occasion get to them.

Tyrone put in an excellent performance and it's such a shame their gutter behaviour left such a sour taste in the mouth.

Monaghan are no angels but there's a clear divide here in terms of blame. That was the most cynical performance I've seen in championhip football for the sheer shamelessness of it. Ironically Meyler, who was largely innocent, was the Tyrone player to suffer most. Cavanagh and Donnelly should have gone for black cards.

Tyrone will put it up to Kerry for 50 minutes but Kerry will win by about 6.

Scoring Zone

regarding the gurning about the "dark arts" - this is elite level, cut throat sport at its very best, I like to see this stuff as it shows that there is a want and passion to win, if u don't like it go watch 90% of the Munster, Connacht and Leinster provincial dross with wins averaging above 10 points which is pitiful, give me a it of dirt needle and aggression any day

INDIANA

Quote from: Scoring Zone on August 08, 2015, 10:17:35 PM
regarding the gurning about the "dark arts" - this is elite level, cut throat sport at its very best, I like to see this stuff as it shows that there is a want and passion to win, if u don't like it go watch 90% of the Munster, Connacht and Leinster provincial dross with wins averaging above 10 points which is pitiful, give me a it of dirt needle and aggression any day

There is dart arts then there is being a sc**bag. And a few Tyrone players were scumbags today with a few Monaghan lads not far behind

You can win without it. The day Tyrone realise that is the day their footballing philosophy will change.

Rois

Dive was terrible and def soured a good performance, but wasn't the red card for the contact on R Donnelly rather than the dive? The ref was obviously heading towards them with the book out before the hair incident.

P Harte and Mattie appear to alternate halves for the driving forward role. Happened against Sligo too.

God it is such hard work following Tyrone, gets harder with every win.

Whishtup

Thought donnelly and mcaliskey  answered critics today.  Have a feeling that tyrone were tiring towards the end due to a few tough weeks, hence resorting to spoiling tactics towards the end. Why cavanagh had to put in that high tackle I don't know.  frustrating as we were well in control at this stage. Game swung after that incident. He doesn't need to do that.  Mccann dramatics embarrassing but not as criminal as the aggresshair who shouldn't have had his hands anywhere near someone's head in front of the ref.  Not worthy of a lynch-mob for Mccann, though, and a slow-mo on rte news.  Tyrone now have a great chance of a fourth all ireland.  People forget that none of the other teams left beat tyrone in the league and in fact tyrone were unlucky not to beat all. 

ONeill

What did Sean do today to annoy people?

I thought he was a giant today on that field. Was glad to witness it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heffo

Quote from: Whishtup on August 08, 2015, 10:31:21 PM
People forget that none of the other teams left beat tyrone in the league and in fact tyrone were unlucky not to beat all.

Tyrone were unlucky not to beat Dublin in the league?

ONeill

Quote from: heffo on August 08, 2015, 10:33:45 PM
People forget that none of the other teams left beat tyrone in the league and in fact tyrone were unlucky not to beat all.

Tyrone were unlucky not to beat Dublin in the league?

Yes, Dubs were dead in the water. Last minute goal saved face.

trueblue1234

Great performance from Tyrone overall. Disappointed in McCann and I'm sure TSG will rightly focus on it tomorrow night. But to be fair, a dive is a dive regardless of how obvious it is. McCann's not the first, but I would have no problem with TSG driving the issue for retrospective punishment for it. They'll not get a more clear cut dive so it could be a good point to start. But McCann's not the first person on a GAA pitch to dive so some of the crap here is laughable (honourable mention to Stew who just reminded me of how much a d!ck he was in the 00's)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Whishtup

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 10:32:34 PM
What did Sean do today to annoy people?

I thought he was a giant today on that field. Was glad to witness it.
he was.that tackle really annoyed me though because he could have walked.  Did the same late on against tipperary. Just think what's the point?

ONeill

I missed that. Was wondering why 'Scum Scum" was ringing out from the Oriels around me.

dublin7

Thought donnelly and mcaliskey  answered critics today.  Have a feeling that tyrone were tiring towards the end due to a few tough weeks, hence resorting to spoiling tactics towards the end. Why cavanagh had to put in that high tackle I don't know.  frustrating as we were well in control at this stage. Game swung after that incident. He doesn't need to do that.  Mccann dramatics embarrassing but not as criminal as the aggresshair who shouldn't have had his hands anywhere near someone's head in front of the ref.  Not worthy of a lynch-mob for Mccann, though, and a slow-mo on rte news.  Tyrone now have a great chance of a fourth all ireland.  People forget that none of the other teams left beat tyrone in the league and in fact tyrone were unlucky not to beat all.

You sir are absolutely right!! Shame on everyone criticising McCann for his Platoon death scene impression.  Its all the Monaghan players fault. I can only assume you are a WUM. How any normal sane individual could defend that w**ker's dive is frankly laughable.   Having said that today was standard practice for Tyrone. For them & Mickey Harte its all about the result, how they do it  clearly doesn't matter. Machiavelli would be proud!

Whishtup

Any word on joe's injury. Mcaliskey looked to have calf trouble too.

ONeill

McAliskey seemed to be cramping more than anything.