Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on August 08, 2015, 08:13:07 PM
Will be great to see what a proper footballing team like Kerry will do to a team of cynical cheaters who can only win games by dishing out cheap blows on the opposition and getting opponents sent off, there is very little football ability in them, if there was all irelands for dark arts they would be going for 13 or 14 in a row

but that's the thing, there is football in them, they were excellent today and have been one of the most consistent teams in the country for 15 years. that's what makes it so disappointing when they revert to the crap.

heffo

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on August 08, 2015, 08:20:07 PM
Will be great to see what a proper footballing team like Kerry will do to a team of cynical cheaters who can only win games by dishing out cheap blows on the opposition and getting opponents sent off, there is very little football ability in them, if there was all irelands for dark arts they would be going for 13 or 14 in a row

Maybe McCann had been watching old Aidan O'Mahony DVD's before the game. Or the way the Dubs closed out the 2013 final.  The hysteria about Tyrone on here is brilliant,  people incapable of thinking for themselves.

Dublin committed two cycnical fouls in the dying minutes of the 2013 final which was only a fraction of what Mayo had done the year previous.

To compare that to the porfolio of cynicism under St Mickey is nonsense - no team could hold a candle to Tyrone on that front.

straightred

Quote from: charlieTully on August 08, 2015, 08:21:35 PM

but that's the thing, there is football in them, they were excellent today and have been one of the most consistent teams in the country for 15 years. that's what makes it so disappointing when they revert to the crap.

And that's exactly the point. McCann's antics aside look at Cavanagh. Did enough for 3 yellows but duffy just was way out of his depth. I'd say tyrone just laugh out load when they see duffy is their ref. Stroll in the park for them,.

reddgnhand

Tony McCann shouldn't have went down like that and he should get a ban but there were 2 teams out there today.

straightred

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 08, 2015, 08:25:05 PM

Tony McCann shouldn't have went down like that and he should get a ban but there were 2 teams out there today.

Naw - not this time. It just won't cut it. Monaghan's problem was they just didn't know how to be as cynical

INDIANA

Quote from: straightred on August 08, 2015, 08:27:55 PM

Naw - not this time. It just won't cut it. Monaghan's problem was they just didn't know how to be as cynical

Monaghan's problem is they don't score enough. Same as ever. They have a template to win an Ulster Championship.

They have no template to win AI Titles.

They need to focus on underage and get winning them at that level first.

The Trap

Dublin were cynical against Mayo, Kerry were cynical against Mayo, Tyrone were cynical  towards the end today but they didn't have to be as they were by far the better team. Common denominator is they all won, they all have good players and they are now in the 4 best teams in the country.

straightred

Quote from: INDIANA on August 08, 2015, 08:31:46 PM

Monaghan's problem is they don't score enough. Same as ever. They have a template to win an Ulster Championship.

I don't necessarily disagree with that but it wasn't my point (its not a perfect formula either - look at cavan). I'm sick of watching football where the perpetrators are a few steps ahead  of the ref. That's Tyrone all over and Cavanagh in particular. Duffy never stood a chance

Sidney

Meyler was hard done by with his black card.

Cavanagh and Donnelly should both have been black carded.

Cavanagh pointing to his shoulder after he clotheslined a Monaghan player was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Sidney on August 08, 2015, 08:39:42 PM

Cavanagh pointing to his shoulder after he clotheslined a Monaghan player was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

Really!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Sidney go out and have a beer and leave the computer for a few hours. This can't be good for ye.

INDIANA

Quote from: straightred on August 08, 2015, 08:37:37 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with that but it wasn't my point (its not a perfect formula either - look at cavan). I'm sick of watching football where the perpetrators are a few steps ahead  of the ref. That's Tyrone all over and Cavanagh in particular. Duffy never stood a chance

Look Tyrone have never been any different. At times they are pathetic in the way they drag the game through the mud. They truly can be a disgrace at times in the manner in which they drag the game to a base level typically seen in a Games of Thrones Episode.

But they have a brilliant manager and great development system which we ended up copying. They produce multi-adaptable , highly skilled and conditioned players in sufficient numbers to excel at inter county level. I genuinely admire them for that. When they have a weakness in an area of the pitch they put emphasis on it in the development system to ensure it doesn't happen again. That's why they are so good.

Unfortunately though they also teach some of their players to be scumbags. Why I don't know. But it's a pity because it allows everyone to forget how good some of their players are. But only they can change that

dublin7

Quote from: Sidney on August 08, 2015, 08:39:42 PM

Tackled fairly and then acts like an extra getting shot in platoon. There is no way these kind of tactics could be carried out without the say so of Mickey Harte. When it comes to knock out games in the championship it's all about winning, but when you look at Tyrone they are prepared to be scrape so low they could parachute out of a snakes arse to win. Horrible team & tactics who will be found out by Kerry

Sidney

Quote from: INDIANA on August 08, 2015, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 08, 2015, 08:37:37 PM

Look Tyrone have never been any different. At times they are pathetic in the way they drag the game through the mud. They truly can be a disgrace at times in the manner in which they drag the game to a base level typically seen in a Games of Thrones Episode.

But they have a brilliant manager and great development system which we ended up copying. They produce multi-adaptable , highly skilled and conditioned players in sufficient numbers to excel at inter county level. I genuinely admire them for that. When they have a weakness in an area of the pitch they put emphasis on it in the development system to ensure it doesn't happen again. That's why they are so good.

Unfortunately though they also teach some of their players to be scumbags. Why I don't know. But it's a pity because it allows everyone to forget how good some of their players are. But only they can change that

Scum is as scum does.

outside-the-wire

Feel I have t comment on today's match. Myler should never have been black carded and Tyrone deserved to win. But those last 10mins contained some of the most disgraceful behaviour. Sean Cavanagh (the eternal diver) seriously is one of the best players of the decade but this feigning streak he has, diving at any given opportunity is a hateful part of his game. First free to Tyrone was a dive by Cavanagh. Commentator said he's a man that can manufacture a free aka cheating! Next T. McCann - the lad just be embarrassed after that!! Disgraceful at the highest degree. Diving seems to be the go to card! It was Philip Jordan all over again! ( and no I am not from Armagh). The game was won at that stage and still the antics continued. I am not saying that the Monaghan team were Angels but a hard hit deserves a card. At least they didn't dive or feign injury. McCann look at yourself lad!!!!