Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:56:29 PM
McAliskey was very fortunate to get a free for the goal chance he fluffed.

On the contrary, he was pushed at the last minute-definite black card.  A great turn of pace by Conor.

straightred

He was and it came straight from a very obvious trip on McManus that wasn't given. 2 point swing in that 30 seconds spell.

Wildweasel74

Again was it a drag down? if not hows it a black card

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2015, 11:54:53 PM
I'm just in from the game and not really interested in reading through the usual suspects tearing into Tyrone again and for the record I have no time for the actions of McCann but I did think football wise he had a superb second half. Some observations from the game from my point of view....Colm Cavanagh was excellent, must be one of the most under rated players in the country, Meylers black card was utterly ridiculous, Monaghan's point taking from distance was superb, Tyrone controlled the game and I felt always had Monaghan at arms length, Tyrone's ability to engineer point scoring opportunities is improving game by game but we still aren't creating enough goal scoring opportunities and finally, you Monaghan folk really love that song about the tractor!

I watched him turn and sprint time and time again, from midfield to get back to protect his full back line. I think someone showed Barry Moran a video of Colm and told him to do this until his lungs burst. Which they did.

MWWSI 2017

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 08, 2015, 11:59:51 PM

drag down by a ghost maybe. No monaghan player dragged him down anyway

redzone

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2015, 11:38:17 PM
Quote from: redzone on August 08, 2015, 11:35:12 PM
Couldn't be bothered reading thru all that shite, but Neil macadam play acting was just as bad after Sean's tackle. He had to be put into the recovery position and i thought his neck was broke. Didn't see the McCann incident but hes coward so no surprise

He got nailed. The ref had dealt with it and they were behind so if he was play acting why would he have stayed down?

He got hit hard on the chest. He stayed down to try and get Sean black carded. It was in the first half and if it had of worked may well have changed the game. Same form of cheating I'm sure you will agree. Rory began as well one time

ONeill

Quote from: Whishtup on August 08, 2015, 11:58:33 PM

On the contrary, he was pushed at the last minute-definite black card.  A great turn of pace by Conor.

Didn't look like it at the time. You can't get a black for a push. (pull down/trip yes)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

north down

Was at the game today myself and didn't see the McCann incident that everyone was talking about - I was fairly far away in the upper deck of the Hogan. Have to say however that Tyrone thoroughly deserved their victory and were always in control. I'm sure they'll not be too worried about all the sour grapes, bitching and abuse they've been receiving on this forum tonight (and most of it from non Monaghan fans). It is more likely to reinforce the siege mentality and spur them on.

redcard

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 12:02:58 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 08, 2015, 11:58:33 PM

Didn't look like it at the time. You can't get a black for a push. (pull down/trip yes)

Hand was on Connors back as he went to shoot. Refs usually react to this.

straightred

Quote from: redzone on August 09, 2015, 12:02:14 AM
Couldn't be bothered reading thru all that shite, but Neil macadam play acting was just as bad after Sean's tackle. He had to be put into the recovery position and i thought his neck was broke. Didn't see the McCann incident but hes coward so no surprise

He got nailed. The ref had dealt with it and they were behind so if he was play acting why would he have stayed down?

He got hit hard on the chest. He stayed down to try and get Sean black carded. It was in the first half and if it had of worked may well have changed the game. Same form of cheating I'm sure you will agree. Rory began as well one time

heres more of it. Trying to drag everyone down to your own level. Beggan came out for a ball and fell badly. He hurt himself - end of.

As for Cavanagh he did enough for 3 yellows but as usual he's untouchable. Kid yourself all you want but the camera's don't lie.

redcard

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:41:25 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 08, 2015, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:34:29 PM
Why was the ref not allowing quick kick outs at times and others he ignored?

Also, he was harsh on Monaghan in the second half twice for calling back play when Monaghan played a free quickly.

He's Marty Duffy, he does what he wants  ;)

No idea, once he second half he done it when Monaghan looked to have a gap on a break in the Tyrone half.

Struck me he was a man who liked having a breather.
He was insisting the kick out was taken from the proper place. Corrected Morgan on a few occasions at the start.

Whishtup

Good question-I stand corrected.  Opens up the question why a pull doen if someone is about to pull the trigger is a black card but not a push-this doesn't seem to be defined in the rulebook.

straightred

No - it wasn't even a free

redzone

Quote from: straightred on August 09, 2015, 12:06:36 AM
Quote from: redzone on August 09, 2015, 12:02:14 AM

heres more of it. Trying to drag everyone down to your own level. Beggan came out for a ball and fell badly. He hurt himself - end of.

As for Cavanagh he did enough for 3 yellows but as usual he's untouchable. Kid yourself all you want but the camera's don't lie.
Began clearly lay down clutching his face one time but got back up when play wasn't stopped. That's a fact for it was in front of me. Maybe the cameras didn't pick it up.

ONeill

Quote from: redcard on August 09, 2015, 12:07:47 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:41:25 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 08, 2015, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 11:34:29 PM
Why was the ref not allowing quick kick outs at times and others he ignored?

Also, he was harsh on Monaghan in the second half twice for calling back play when Monaghan played a free quickly.

He's Marty Duffy, he does what he wants  ;)

No idea, once he second half he done it when Monaghan looked to have a gap on a break in the Tyrone half.

Struck me he was a man who liked having a breather.
He was insisting the kick out was taken from the proper place. Corrected Morgan on a few occasions at the start.

Fair enough - couldn't work it out. He wasn't fussed on the advantage rule during play.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.