Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcard

Quote from: straightred on August 08, 2015, 07:48:31 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 08, 2015, 06:40:02 PM
Whishtup, Kerry where no where near as bad last year as Tyrone today, Anybody should be ashamed of the antics of McCann and to extent Cavanagh lying down to, the fact you cant condemn the way they behave says about about the supporters following the team. if one of my county players done that, i wouldnt want him back in a county jersey.

Tyrone were at their worst today and the soft ref didn't help. Apart from hughesred (game was gone at that point anyway) it was incessant diving, puling, dragging and whatever else it took to get the result. I;ve stood up for them in the past but no more - today was a new low for tyrone. They can enjoy their victory but Kerry can and will be just as cynical. Cavanagh can dish it out but cant take it - brolly was right about him.

Stopped reading after that. Took all credibility from your outrage to be honest

straightred

Quote from: Line Ball on August 08, 2015, 07:50:56 PM
Thone Mc Cann is some  a r s e.  Whether Hughes was send off for tussling his hair or not, he still went down like he had been hit by a tornado, what a total embarrassment and deserves punishment from Croke Park.

Could someone explain why Sean Cavanagh's late sliding tackle leading with his shoulder on Mc Manus, made to look like it was clumsy, wasn't penalised with a black card?  He has the form for tackles like that late on.

No one can cause it was missed yet again. it was a yellow offence and he was already on a yellow but no - Saint Sean is untouchable.

straightred

Quote from: redcard on August 08, 2015, 07:51:24 PM
Whishtup, Kerry where no where near as bad last year as Tyrone today, Anybody should be ashamed of the antics of McCann and to extent Cavanagh lying down to, the fact you cant condemn the way they behave says about about the supporters following the team. if one of my county players done that, i wouldnt want him back in a county jersey.

Tyrone were at their worst today and the soft ref didn't help. Apart from hughesred (game was gone at that point anyway) it was incessant diving, puling, dragging and whatever else it took to get the result. I;ve stood up for them in the past but no more - today was a new low for tyrone. They can enjoy their victory but Kerry can and will be just as cynical. Cavanagh can dish it out but cant take it - brolly was right about him.

That's fine and you're entitled to your opinion. Look at how they closed the mayo game out last year. FFS they caused a brawl which ended up with some fat clown invading the pitch. Monaghan were too naïve but Kerry wont be.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Same old hysteria on here from the usual suspects ;D.

McCann let himself down. There are people on here who would have you believe he was told to do that.  I'd suggest the opposite and that the management will have a word in his ear.

My own feeling all year has been that Mickey has Tyrone playing too defensive but fair play, they came up with a big performance when required. Think they will have enough to give Kerry a hard time but probably not to win. Would be quite tremendous if we did though for the reaction on here alone.

Main Street

Quote from: laceer on August 08, 2015, 07:42:15 PM
Very impressive from Tyrone. Controlled the game completely. McCurry and McAliskey stepped up to the mark in style. McManus kicked some serious scores along with Duffy for Monaghan. McCann's dive was a disgrace-no point in trying to dress it any other way. Did Hughes punch Richie Donnelly afterwards to get the red card?
Hughes got sent off for filling McCann with the holy spirit via the sacred touch, a dastardly devious act.
In that GIF posted earlier, I see  there were 3 Tyrone players rolling around the ground beside each other. If Donnelly had got touched by the gifted  Hughes, there would have been another 3 Tyrone players falling to the ground simultaneously.

stew

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on August 08, 2015, 07:59:38 PM

McCann let himself down. There are people on here who would have you believe he was told to do that.  I'd suggest the opposite and that the management will have a word in his ear.

My own feeling all year has been that Mickey has Tyrone playing too defensive but fair play, they came up with a big performance when required. Think they will have enough to give Kerry a hard time but probably not to win. Would be quite tremendous if we did though for the reaction on here alone.

Is there a single man among ye that will actually admit to being disgusted at some of the shite they were at?

Word in his ear my hole, he should have been dragged off to fack!

Too much prior form to explain that away, they are learned behaviors, they are disgusting and they are ruining the game, not one poster from any country let alone Armagh has any time for Tyrone after that.

That **** McCann should be ashamed of himself and apologize, but he wont, he is from Tyrone.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

redcard

Quote from: straightred on August 08, 2015, 07:56:55 PM

That's fine and you're entitled to your opinion. Look at how they closed the mayo game out last year. FFS they caused a brawl which ended up with some fat clown invading the pitch. Monaghan were too naïve but Kerry wont be.

You just about sum up what is wrong with the medias attitude towards Tyrone. You criticise Tyrone for their cynicism etc yet celebrate Kerry's cynicism etc

straightred

Seriously? if you believe that then how can you explain Cavanagh's antics ? Has management ever had a word in his ear ? Management are clearly 100% on board with the carry on.

redcard

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2015, 08:03:26 PM

[/

Is there a single man among ye that will actually admit to being disgusted at some of the shite they were at?

Too much prior form to explain that away, they are learned behaviors, they are disgusting and they are ruining the game, not one poster from any country let alone Armagh has any time for Tyrone after that.

That **** McCann should be ashamed of himself and apologize, but he wont, he is from Tyrone.

Stew sit down......relax.....TAKE A DEEP BREATH

red hander

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2015, 08:03:26 PM

Lay off the drink, you've had enough, you'll be giving yourself a hernia. The moral outrage is way over the top even for you, ye clown

straightred

Quote from: redcard on August 08, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 08, 2015, 07:56:55 PM

You just about sum up what is wrong with the medias attitude towards Tyrone. You criticise Tyrone for their cynicism etc yet celebrate Kerry's cynicism etc

No - I want to see football prevail. tyrone's plan is usually football when they know it will be enough but when they know they've a game on their hands they do what they did today. I don't celebrate Kerry's ability to react but rather I'll enjoy seeing tyrone getting a taste of their own medicine.

laceer

The only thing that was any different to what Kerry or any other top team would do to close out a game was McCann's dive. I haven't seen anyone try to defend it-it was completely wrong.

Put Up That Flag

Will be great to see what a proper footballing team like Kerry will do to a team of cynical cheaters who can only win games by dishing out cheap blows on the opposition and getting opponents sent off, there is very little football ability in them, if there was all irelands for dark arts they would be going for 13 or 14 in a row

Gabriel_Hurl

How did that work out in 2003, 2005 or 2008?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on August 08, 2015, 08:13:07 PM
Will be great to see what a proper footballing team like Kerry will do to a team of cynical cheaters who can only win games by dishing out cheap blows on the opposition and getting opponents sent off, there is very little football ability in them, if there was all irelands for dark arts they would be going for 13 or 14 in a row

Maybe McCann had been watching old Aidan O'Mahony DVD's before the game. Or the way the Dubs closed out the 2013 final.  The hysteria about Tyrone on here is brilliant,  people incapable of thinking for themselves.