More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrysMoss

Quote from: Jinxy on February 13, 2012, 08:30:12 PM
'A compilation of Derrytresk dives'.
God they are really covering themselves in glory now.

Not a combination of Derrytresk dives.....more a case of how/why Declan "handbag" O'Sullivan was allowed to stay on the field? Seems that when you are a Kerry All Ireland medal holder the man with the whistle gets a case of bad eyesight!!!

Tony Baloney

Some of the Derrytresk antics would make a La Liga player blush. Tyrone have a long history of playacting but that is just brutal.

Jinxy

Quote from: HarrysMoss on February 13, 2012, 09:51:01 PM

Not a combination of Derrytresk dives.....more a case of how/why Declan "handbag" O'Sullivan was allowed to stay on the field? Seems that when you are a Kerry All Ireland medal holder the man with the whistle gets a case of bad eyesight!!!

To be honest, after the first 3 dives I stopped watching so I don't know what O'Sullivan is supposed to have done.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Whishtup

1.Bad tackle . Joe McKee is pushed+tripped by two Dromid players and springs up again.

2.Punch   Derrytresk player punched to the mid-riff with considerable force right in front of ref-O'Sullivan tries to pull this player up-what the hell was he at? Dromid player just booked(melee follows slightly after this)  None of the Derrytresk boys react.

3.Bad tackle  Hard to see but looks like DT player caught high.  Ref runs over and tells him to get up.

4.Kickout!  Dromid player swingin his boot at DT player beore pushing him over.

5. Cynical trip-clip around the ankles that Dromid player puts his own hand up for.(At this stage DOS knows he's untouchable!)

6. Dromid player goes in to 'do' McKee-both injured.

7. Sneaky Punch in face on ground.

Please explain the diving.  At no time is there any real reaction by DT players to these incidents. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Whishtup on February 13, 2012, 11:30:12 PM
1.Bad tackle . Joe McKee is pushed+tripped by two Dromid players and springs up again.

2.Punch   Derrytresk player punched to the mid-riff with considerable force right in front of ref-O'Sullivan tries to pull this player up-what the hell was he at? Dromid player just booked(melee follows slightly after this)  None of the Derrytresk boys react.

3.Bad tackle  Hard to see but looks like DT player caught high.  Ref runs over and tells him to get up.

5. Cynical trip-clip around the ankles that Dromid player puts his own hand up for.(At this stage DOS knows he's untouchable!)

Please explain the diving.  At no time is there any real reaction by DT players to these incidents. 

:D Making a fool of yourself now. Anyway justice was meted out yesterday. Old news now.

Whishtup

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2012, 11:46:24 PM

:D Making a fool of yourself now. Anyway justice was meted out yesterday. Old news now.

That's a lame attempts to detract from my question.  Where is the diving?-point it out to me and I'll hold my hands up or are you going to be brainwashed by a couple of fools?

year til sunday

history is always written by the winners, in this case Dromid won the PR game. while Derrytresk kept quiet and attempted to allow the CCCC to carry out an investigation on their own, Dromid, sections of the media and fellow gales got involved in a highly noxious witch-hunt - shame on you.

Sidney

I thought there were at least three and probably four incidents in that clip that warranted red cards for Dromid Pearses players - namely incidents 2, 3, 7 and probably 4. I'd like to hear anybody tell me why all those incidents shouldn't have been red cards.

screenexile

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 13, 2012, 09:12:15 PM

My first reaction also.

Same here . . . nothing in any of those challenges!

screenexile

Quote from: Sidney on February 14, 2012, 12:42:14 AM

I thought there were at least three and probably four incidents in that clip that warranted red cards for Dromid Pearses players - namely incidents 2, 3, 7 and probably 4. I'd like to hear anybody tell me why all those incidents shouldn't have been red cards.

1. Clumsy tackle but not even near dirty. Free kick is fine!

2. I'll give you that one fair enough it should have been a straight red. Did the Dromid no. 6 get banned?

3. The ref is right there looking at it. If he told him to get up there must have been good reason. As you have said it's not easy to see on video.

4. The kick was never within a mile of coming near the Dtresk player and the trip was silly. Yellow card.

5. Nothing tackle. Barely touched him and why's the Dtresk player lying in a heap he was barely touched!

6. Again clumsy and slightly in the back but not dirty by any stretch!

7. How you saw a punch in that I dunno he fell over him awkwardly. . . the Dtresk player did make it look good rolling around so much though!!

Sidney

My take on the incidents is in bold:

You'd be very lucky to get away with a yellow card for that.

Derrytresk player tries to grab the ball out of the hands of the Dromid no. 6. No. 6 immediately punches Derrytresk player to the stomach with considerable force. Straight red for me.

Derrytresk players has his eyes fully on the ball, Dromid player clearly targets his head and takes him out. Straight red the correct call.

Dromid number 8 aims a full force kick at a Derrytresk player. Last time I looked at the rule book you weren't allowed aim a full force kick at an opponent. Whether he connected or not is irrelevant. Straight red again.

Yellow card offence and a warning.

The most charitable you could be here is to say it was a badly mistimed tackle. Yellow card.

As clear a red card offence as you'll see from Declan O'Sullivan.

I also have no idea where the diving accusations are coming from, unless people are talking about the Dromid player in Incident 6.

tyssam5

Quote from: screenexile on February 14, 2012, 12:58:52 AM
Quote from: Sidney on February 14, 2012, 12:42:14 AM

1. Clumsy tackle but not even near dirty. Free kick is fine!

2. I'll give you that one fair enough it should have been a straight red. Did the Dromid no. 6 get banned?

3. The ref is right there looking at it. If he told him to get up there must have been good reason. As you have said it's not easy to see on video.

4. The kick was never within a mile of coming near the Dtresk player and the trip was silly. Yellow card.

5. Nothing tackle. Barely touched him and why's the Dtresk player lying in a heap he was barely touched!

6. Again clumsy and slightly in the back but not dirty by any stretch!

7. How you saw a punch in that I dunno he fell over him awkwardly. . . the Dtresk player did make it look good rolling around so much though!!

Funny how people see thing, was there a right hand to the gut in number 2? I couldn't really see that, looked quite divey to me that one. But the last one I thought for sure DOS punched the guy in the face on the ground. Low act, well meriting a good hand-bagging later.

Carmen Stateside

O Sullivan clearly punches the Derrytresk player in the face while he is on the ground.  His high tackle was the worst of the lot. Animal!

maigheo

this thread has turned into a joke. When the Derrytresk subs look back on this whole saga they will know that it was them selves that were the bigest reason that they are not all ireland champions today,and there is absouletly nothing wrong in what Mcstay says and anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Mike Sheehy

They should rename the place Divingtresk ....what a bunch of cheats !