Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on January 18, 2012, 09:25:34 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 09:15:23 PM
That's a fair point too and a Fermanagh Ulster win with a Monaghan man in the ranks would take the shine of it... But it would still be an Ulster title  :-\

With your comment in mind, I don't think too many GAA inter county players would play for another county anyhow
Players might play for another county to become an intercounty footballer.

Aye that's right.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

LaurelEye

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 18, 2012, 01:12:27 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 18, 2012, 12:59:02 PM
How realistic is it that he is living in Kildare?? Seems far fetched. Why if he wants to continue to play Intercounty so much didn't he look to a neighbouring county - Fermanagh, Longford, Monaghan, Leitrim.

Well I think we all know the answer to that one. They are not good enough in his eyes.

We were good enough last summer when we hammered the sh:te out of them below in Breffni  ;D

I'm sure we could find somewhere on a ghost estate in Dromard or Aughnacliffe or Granard that could be a "real" address for Seánie - and he'd only have a half-hour drive into work ;)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on January 18, 2012, 09:38:11 PM
I think he's funny.
An absolute spoofer, but still funny.  :)

Nothing funny about him. An utter tool. Sure maybe Banty will get him to play for you.

imtommygunn

Quote from: INDIANA on January 18, 2012, 09:50:27 PM
I think he's funny.

Nothing funny about him. An utter tool. Sure maybe Banty will get him to play for you.

He's like the Kevin McGourty of Laois football :D

I would agree with Jinxy - as per the above not really one who can be taken seriously. A waste of talent!

Jinxy

I think he's funny.

Nah, we don't do cast-offs.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Jinxy on January 18, 2012, 10:42:35 PM
I think he's funny.

Nah, we don't do cast-offs.

In the 1952 all Ireland des and liam maguire played on the Cavan team, their younger brother brendan played with meath. Brendan made a bad decision!

ONeill

If a county board and manager are willing to accept a player from another county and it's within the rules (in the future) then let the player and the county board deal with the morality of it between them. Sure half of Tyrone play for Derry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

If it's within the rules there is no morality issue as far as I'm concerned.
The thing is though, the transfer under discussion is clearly not within the rules.
According to Off the Ball tonight, the home club refused to back his DRA appeal so it's dead in the water.
Either he kisses and makes up with Val or I think he'll transfer to a club in Kildare and go the whole hog.

mannix

Play in Kildare if you like seanie, do your transfer and tell the club and county where to go. It's a bloody amateur game, they should really have no right to tell you where you can or cannot play.

Jinxy

Breffni_Yank

Can I just point out that apparently the reason Sean and Val had such a brief conversation is because Sean hung up the phone.

I'll pay for his petrol to get to Kildare. Oh no wait, he already lives there ;)

Personally, I think he has made a tool of himself.

nrico2006

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 18, 2012, 03:27:10 PM
QuoteAs I mentioned earlier a Down County hurler (still playing for his club in Down) was able to transfer to Armagh.  If this was allowed then so should Johnston's transfer.

Is there not some scheme where players from stonger hurling counties can play for weaker counties?
there is such a scheme but can't see it having anything to do with this case as Armagh and Down would be around same level and Armagh beat Down in Championship last year
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sidney

Johnston and Kildare are taking the piss. What exactly did Parkinson say that people object to? Johnston is clearly using a fake address to go gloryhunting. The whole thing is so transparent it's laughable. I sincerely hope he's told to go and feck off with himself.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on January 18, 2012, 01:57:59 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 01:54:50 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 18, 2012, 01:42:06 PM
Could Fermanagh, for example, then just start picking players from Tyrone who can't get on the Tyrone panel?

why not?, them lads arent getting inter county football and if they wanted to tog out for Fermanagh, then does not that help the GAA overall?
Doesn't help it in Fermanagh when you could have full Fermanagh panel without 1 Fermanagh man.
HQ would need to introduce a policy like the 6+5 rule FIFA were looking at where you are only allowed 5 "foreigners" per team.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on January 19, 2012, 12:14:04 AM
According to Off the Ball tonight, the home club refused to back his DRA appeal so it's dead in the water.

Ain't dead in the water yet. Search for deep pockets around the Curragh continues - they have until today to appeal to DRA.