Why are Posters obsessed about Dublin GAA??

Started by kerryforsam2018, September 12, 2018, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most obsessed about Dublin GAA

Dinny Breen
5 (17.9%)
Syfin
11 (39.3%)
From the Bunker
5 (17.9%)
Pricey Reilly
6 (21.4%)
RossFan
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 12, 2019, 04:00:01 PM

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 10:01:03 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 09:55:20 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 09:21:15 PM
Kilkenny used 55 different players in winning All-Ireland hurling finals from 2000 to 2015.

I'd like somebody to tell me how that wasn't a conveyor belt, whether Kilkenny are dominant now, and what state hurling is in now.

People are arguing that Dublin's dominance is unprecedented. It would be unprecedented only for the fact that there is copious precedent there.

How many league titles did Kilkenny win during that period?

Did Kilkenny take the league seriously?

Do Dublin take the League seriously?

Responding to questions with questions and not answers is a sure sign your argument is flimsy. I'd say Dublin do

Syferus

Kilkenny used 55 different players in winning All-Ireland hurling finals from 2000 to 2015.

I'd like somebody to tell me how that wasn't a conveyor belt, whether Kilkenny are dominant now, and what state hurling is in now.

People are arguing that Dublin's dominance is unprecedented. It would be unprecedented only for the fact that there is copious precedent there.

They used 55 players over the course of fifteen fĂșcking years? Your point is?

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 10:25:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 10:01:03 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 09:55:20 PM

How many league titles did Kilkenny win during that period?

Did Kilkenny take the league seriously?

Do Dublin take the League seriously?

Responding to questions with questions and not answers is a sure sign your argument is flimsy. I'd say Dublin do

And why do Dublin take the League seriously and Kilkenny did not in their hay day?

Franko

;D

In what way do you believe that pointing this out helps your argument?

TheGreatest

Because they are winning.

People always sneered and hated the Dubs, its just gone up a notch now since the winning.

I enjoy it and prefer not to be liked. Makes winning and wiping the floor with teams all that sweater.

Franko

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 13, 2018, 07:53:19 AM

People always sneered and hated the Dubs, its just gone up a notch now since the winning.

I enjoy it and prefer not to be liked. Makes winning and wiping the floor with teams all that sweater.

I don't think you fully understand the problem.  Unless something changes, you won't have any teams to wipe the floor with.  You are killing the goose, so-to-speak.  And that affects everyone, including the Dubs. 

2040 AIF - Dublin beat Kerry by thirteen points in front of 11,500 in Parnell Park to complete the 26 in a row.  (Croke Park was unavailable due to the One Direction revival concert)  David Clifford's son retires after the game, aged 22, declaring that he has signed a professional contract with current LoI champions Glentoran.  FM104 carry a full match report but it's a bit-part story on RTE Sport.  There are extended highlights on TG4 at 11.45pm though.  Incidentally, their hurlers have just won their third in a row, and eighth in the past ten years, having beaten Limerick in a dour affair in a dilapidated Thurles. *

*This may be a bit far fetched, but hopefully you get the point.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Franko on September 13, 2018, 08:24:56 AM

I don't think you fully understand the problem.  Unless something changes, you won't have any teams to wipe the floor with.  You are killing the goose, so-to-speak.  And that affects everyone, including the Dubs. 

2040 AIF - Dublin beat Kerry by thirteen points in front of 11,500 in Parnell Park to complete the 26 in a row.  (Croke Park was unavailable due to the One Direction revival concert)  David Clifford's son retires after the game, aged 22, declaring that he has signed a professional contract with current LoI champions Glentoran.  FM104 carry a full match report but it's a bit-part story on RTE Sport.  There are extended highlights on TG4 at 11.45pm though.  Incidentally, their hurlers have just won their third in a row, and eighth in the past ten years, having beaten Limerick in a dour affair in a dilapidated Thurles. *

I hope this comes true :)

TheGreatest

Id take that.

trailer

When it was first mooted that Dublin be split, the reason had nothing at all to do with Dublin's senior inter county team. The reason was to revive GAA in the capital and make it easier to administer. Splitting Dublin has been hijacked by lazy people. People who someone believe for years random counties won All-Ireland's, and small counties with no tradition in Gaelic Football competed right at the top level, frequently winning provincial and AI titles.

People should actually think about what they are saying. And if you think splitting Dublin is the answer to any of the questions around the Senior Inter-county game specifically, you fail to understand what is actually going on. Stop listening to the arsehole down the local.

snoopdog

Franko

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 13, 2018, 09:07:07 AM

Id take that.

And therein lies our collective problem.

Farrandeelin

Dublin increasingly sneering and belittling Mayo. Explain.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 13, 2018, 11:19:49 AM

Sorry but this forum should be retitled the Dublin bashing thread given the amount of posts dedicated to criticizing the team, players and the funding the county board receive from Croke Park. The sheer hatred from some posters to everything Dublin GAA is sad really.

JoG2

Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 11:49:20 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 13, 2018, 11:19:49 AM

Sorry but this forum should be retitled the Dublin bashing thread given the amount of posts dedicated to criticizing the team, players and the funding the county board receive from Croke Park. The sheer hatred from some posters to everything Dublin GAA is sad really.

I'm sorry but you're just plain wrong here. There's very little team / player bashing. In most cases, posters qualify their posts with 'I'm not blaming Dublin here btw...'. And the 2nd bit in bold is just ridiculous tbh

westbound

I want to ask the dublin posters something.....

Do ye all agree that ANY team dominating the game for too long is bad for the sport?