All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on January 17, 2023, 10:55:22 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 17, 2023, 10:21:41 AM
Quote from: clarshack on January 17, 2023, 10:17:03 AM
and of course nothing will be made of the Fossa players going around calling all our players 'Prods', Brit's and the usual anti-North rhetoric.
First I've heard of that. Boils my f**king blood and would have zero sympathy for any player getting a broke jaw if they said that.

seems to be a common theme with Kerry men. Billy Sheehan against Armagh and Finuge were at it against Cookstown 10 years ago.
Have to laugh at it being fired at lads who'd be far more staunchly republican than the clowns saying it.

yellowcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 16, 2023, 11:25:28 PM
At the start of the melee, What's the Stewartstown No. 2 trying to do to D Clifford on the ground, grabbing by the balls or sthing, then holds his face pretending to have Been hit, this the same lad mouthing to him after been send off. What a dick.! Doubt that one be doing the rounds in the coming days.

I doubt whether the 2 Cliffords will get the same level of treatment in any other game this year, it definitely wouldn't be as bad as that at county level. One had his balls squeezed and one got bust open with an elbow that could have easily broken his jaw. If Stewartstown had fallen behind earlier in the match I think it could have got out of control as they had a few subs running around like madmen looking for a bit of action.   

clarshack

Quote from: yellowcard on January 17, 2023, 11:00:25 AM
At the start of the melee, What's the Stewartstown No. 2 trying to do to D Clifford on the ground, grabbing by the balls or sthing, then holds his face pretending to have Been hit, this the same lad mouthing to him after been send off. What a dick.! Doubt that one be doing the rounds in the coming days.

I doubt whether the 2 Cliffords will get the same level of treatment in any other game this year, it definitely wouldn't be as bad as that at county level. One had his balls squeezed and one got bust open with an elbow that could have easily broken his jaw. If Stewartstown had fallen behind earlier in the match I think it could have got out of control as they had a few subs running around like madmen looking for a bit of action.   

Nonsense, the referee started to lose control by not issuing a red card to the Fossa midfielder and then the player winks afterwards, nothing to do with Stewartstown falling behind.

Cavan19

and of course nothing will be made of the Fossa players going around calling all our players 'Prods', Brit's and the usual anti-North rhetoric.

Sticks and stones..

RedHand88

That is absolutely disgraceful, and yet unsurprising. I've heard it at County games for years.

skeog

Clarshack could you call out who on the Fossa team were verbally abusing the Stewartstown players.Time for action.Southern media all one sided.

smort

Jesus lads, call them a stater back and get on with it

Only a bit of verbals

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on January 17, 2023, 11:26:56 AM

Nonsense, the referee started to lose control by not issuing a red card to the Fossa midfielder and then the player winks afterwards, nothing to do with Stewartstown falling behind.
That high tackle? Never ever a red.

clarshack

Quote from: skeog on January 17, 2023, 11:42:39 AM
Clarshack could you call out who on the Fossa team were verbally abusing the Stewartstown players.Time for action.Southern media all one sided.

Sent you a pm.

yellowcard

I thought a yellow was the right decision but it could just as easily have been red. That doesn't justify what followed from Stewartstown though and I felt that even though they were still well in the game, they were baying for blood towards the end when they thought the game was up. If they had avoided the first red card which was needless and avoidable then the game could have went either way.

If there was sectarian abuse then it should be called out by team management afterwards, otherwise it is mere speculation. Personally I would laugh at such nonsense but I do get how some might react differently.   

Armagh18

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 17, 2023, 11:31:15 AM

Sticks and stones..
no, its not

Walter Cronc

There's a definite trend with these alleged verbals and Tyrone teams. Don't recall it happening any Derry club sides.

Milltown Row2

It was borderline red, how many red cards would there be in a game if cloth line type tackles were red carded?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

As for the name calling, Westmeath in the hurling were at it with Antrim on Saturday, at a Walsh cup game, Christ some mentality. the ref was ask to put it in his report, I'll not hold my breath
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 17, 2023, 12:19:47 PM

There's a definite trend with these alleged verbals and Tyrone teams. Don't recall it happening any Derry club sides.
Definitely happened Cross years ago but they tended to shut boys up in the tackle and on the scoreboard.