Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Quote from: gawa316 on August 30, 2020, 10:41:40 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
Who's this Van De Beek fella then?
Part of that Ajax team that got to the champions league semi 2 years ago. Good player
Looks to be over €45 million deal to be done next week. Will definitely be an addition in midfield.

square_ball

Quote from: BennyCake on August 30, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
Who's this Van De Beek fella then?

Not sure what he's been up to since Dawson's Creek.

Boycey

Ajax always seem to do stuff with a touch of class. No recriminations just wishing the lad the best of luck.

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1301201118362513413?s=21

magpie seanie

Good player. Should be a good addition in a position of need.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 02, 2020, 11:07:28 PM

Yeah very tidy player as you would expect from Ajax. Hopefully inject a bit of energy along side Bruno in the MF.

Hard to see now how Fred or McT fit, as I still expect Ole to go with Matic as the holding midfielder. Although it does now give him some more tactical options to go with 4 in midfield as opposed to 433 and always relying on the same front three.

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on September 03, 2020, 08:25:00 AM

Yeah very tidy player as you would expect from Ajax. Hopefully inject a bit of energy along side Bruno in the MF.

Hard to see now how Fred or McT fit, as I still expect Ole to go with Matic as the holding midfielder. Although it does now give him some more tactical options to go with 4 in midfield as opposed to 433 and always relying on the same front three.

Matic kind of came back from the dead last year and hit a good vein of form again. His best days are behind him though. With all the games there will be plenty for everyone. I guess Smalling is back so a bit more cover defensively but I'd like to see another attacker come in. Interesting to see that Ole referred to a "no asshole" recruitment policy which is a central plank of the All Blacks culture.

lurganblue

Hoping the Romero for 8m rumours are true.  I know his age may be a slight issue but that's a great price for a keeper who always seemed to perform well when given the chance.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 03, 2020, 09:01:58 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 03, 2020, 08:25:00 AM

Matic kind of came back from the dead last year and hit a good vein of form again. His best days are behind him though. With all the games there will be plenty for everyone. I guess Smalling is back so a bit more cover defensively but I'd like to see another attacker come in. Interesting to see that Ole referred to a "no asshole" recruitment policy which is a central plank of the All Blacks culture.

Smalling to Roma Deal nearly wrapped up Seanie, afaik.

NAG1

Yeah can't see Smalling back at the club, he seems to have plenty of admirers in Italy and fair play to him.

I'd like to see another attacking option plus a central defender but seems to have gone quiet on both.

magpie seanie

Ok, hadn't heard that. He's a good defender but isn't comfortable on the ball.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 03, 2020, 10:07:48 AM
Ok, hadn't heard that. He's a good defender but isn't comfortable on the ball.

More time on the ball in Italy at the back don't seem to have the high press as much, suits him better.

laoislad

First Harry Maguire and now Mason Greenwood tut tut tut...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2020, 08:40:05 PM

Suarez, Gerard, Carragher........

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on September 08, 2020, 10:33:57 AM
Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2020, 08:40:05 PM

Suarez, Gerard, Carragher........

FFS, don't tell me these lads in Iceland were spitting on young girls as well?