Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Maguire was poor on Sat after being rushed back from injury, average too last night but in general is in the very top tier of Premier League centre backs...

Quote from: Boycey on October 21, 2021, 04:04:21 PM
Maguire was poor on Sat after being rushed back from injury, average too last night but in general is in the very top tier of Premier League centre backs...

He's not as bad as some posters on here let on but he's also not in the top tier of premier league center backs. Not great on the ball and turns like a bus.

quit yo jibbajabba

My tuppence - not top tier but generally solid enough. He suffers like Tony Adams did (who was excellent in his later career) in that any mistake is magnified due to their generally ungainly movement
End of my tuppence

gawa316

Don't think he is top tier either...only players there are VVD, Dias, Laporte and I would put Matip in on current form.

However, Maguire is Utd's best central defender and therefore very important to them. Obviously wasn't fully ready last week but with Varane injured the decision to ease him back in was probably taken out of Ole's hands.

Be interesting to see what Utd go with on Sunday...would have to think Pogba comes back in alongside 2 of Fred, Matic, & McTominay. Leaves 3 spots up top with Fernandes and Ronaldo guaranteed leaving Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford to fight it out. Haven't even mentioned Cavani...ridiculous strength and depth up top

nrico2006

Quote from: gawa316 on October 21, 2021, 05:22:46 PM
Don't think he is top tier either...only players there are VVD, Dias, Laporte and I would put Matip in on current form.

However, Maguire is Utd's best central defender and therefore very important to them. Obviously wasn't fully ready last week but with Varane injured the decision to ease him back in was probably taken out of Ole's hands.

Be interesting to see what Utd go with on Sunday...would have to think Pogba comes back in alongside 2 of Fred, Matic, & McTominay. Leaves 3 spots up top with Fernandes and Ronaldo guaranteed leaving Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford to fight it out. Haven't even mentioned Cavani...ridiculous strength and depth up top

Varane?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 21, 2021, 09:40:19 PM

Varane?

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw him play so not sure if he is at that level currently. What was the reason Madrid let him go? They needed him off the books, he was surplus to requirements, his playing level had declined, etc etc. Not saying it wouldn't happen but Madrid don't usually let their best players leave

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on October 22, 2021, 06:07:02 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 21, 2021, 09:40:19 PM

Varane?

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw him play so not sure if he is at that level currently. What was the reason Madrid let him go? They needed him off the books, he was surplus to requirements, his playing level had declined, etc etc. Not saying it wouldn't happen but Madrid don't usually let their best players leave

Ronaldo left to go to Juventus
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Madrid had to cash in on Varane as he didn't want to renew his contract.  They faced losing him for nothing otherwise.

gawa316

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 22, 2021, 06:11:11 PM
Madrid had to cash in on Varane as he didn't want to renew his contract.  They faced losing him for nothing otherwise.

Gotcha...why did he not want to sign a new contract? Just wanted a fresh challenge?

Early days for him obviously but how has he looked for united?

rodney trotter

A fresh challenge.  He was a United fan growing up, so probably wanted to challenge himself in the Premier League.

He hasn't been great in the gates he's played,so far.

gallsman

Stunning defending from Harry Maguire there.

mouview

rodney trotter

Paul Scholes was right , they would be ripped apart by a better team playing like they did in first half against Atalanta

BennyCake

Shambles.

The way things are, I'd take 4-0 now. This could be 8 or 9.

Square Ball

Horrendous all round. Not a clue what to do, devoid of ideas, needs to go
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid