Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 18, 2018, 04:49:23 PM
I hate the way Armagh groups their championships, why wouldn't you just have straight knockout like other counties?  Must take away hugely from the championship itself.  It seems a bit of a nonsense.

You would get people in Armagh who would probably agree with you, or would like to see some adjustments made to the existing system, but for all that the sense I get is that there have been excellent attendances at the games and a great deal of interest / excitement brought about by what is a novel system.

The system itself has been reached through a lot of trial and error and I reckon now is as close to perfect as is possible, with league and championship closely linked and all teams getting a number of Championship games, once the league issues have been resolved.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: redzone on September 18, 2018, 05:51:08 PM
There is also another Helen Mcelroy in augher who is a brilliant Physio. She is located at the Edge fitness premises.

Same Physio - has two clinics - one in Armagh and one in the Edge  8)
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

general_lee

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 19, 2018, 07:47:21 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 18, 2018, 04:49:23 PM
I hate the way Armagh groups their championships, why wouldn't you just have straight knockout like other counties?  Must take away hugely from the championship itself.  It seems a bit of a nonsense.

You would get people in Armagh who would probably agree with you, or would like to see some adjustments made to the existing system, but for all that the sense I get is that there have been excellent attendances at the games and a great deal of interest / excitement brought about by what is a novel system.

The system itself has been reached through a lot of trial and error and I reckon now is as close to perfect as is possible, with league and championship closely linked and all teams getting a number of Championship games, once the league issues have been resolved.
I'm reserving judgment until the championship ends. Not very many shocks in Senior, a few teams had the luxury of an off day which the set up allows for, ultimately the cream rises to the top and apart from Madden who should be commended for reaching the last 8 all the big dogs have made it out of the groups. Intermediate is interesting enough with all teams capable of beating each other and you can't really pick any certain winners from the quarter finals

Interesting  that the club who proposed this set up didn't make it out of their group which I found hilarious

Applesisapples

Quote from: Last Man on September 18, 2018, 02:46:49 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2018, 08:00:32 PM
Maghery, St Pats, the Nab and Harps. We are not there yet Rufus. Too many injuries to older men and bar 2-3 the younger lads just haven't pushed on. We are 3-4 players short of challenging and that's not me being a cute hoor!!!
Recommend any good physios in the Portatdown/Lurgan area people? Have a young lad with a knee problem.
Paul McCormick

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: general_lee on September 19, 2018, 10:27:06 AM
Interesting  that the club who proposed this set up didn't make it out of their group which I found hilarious

A wee bit harsh if I may say so, as it was sold on the basis of the benefits for us all and passed on that argument. Without looking in any great detail, I believe they were the only Senior team to win a match and not qualify from their group - I'd guess the chances of that happening were slim.

Interesting also to note that the three teams from that group who qualified all made the quarter-finals, as indeed did the three qualifiers from our own group. 

Last Man

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 19, 2018, 09:50:48 AM
There is also another Helen Mcelroy in augher who is a brilliant Physio. She is located at the Edge fitness premises.

Same Physio - has two clinics - one in Armagh and one in the Edge  8)
He's working in Carn Ind est so looking somebody a bit closer but thanks.

Last Man

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 19, 2018, 10:32:10 AM
Maghery, St Pats, the Nab and Harps. We are not there yet Rufus. Too many injuries to older men and bar 2-3 the younger lads just haven't pushed on. We are 3-4 players short of challenging and that's not me being a cute hoor!!!
Recommend any good physios in the Portatdown/Lurgan area people? Have a young lad with a knee problem.
Paul McCormick
Cheers, didn't know he had a clinic in Lurgan.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 19, 2018, 11:13:07 AM
Without looking in any great detail, I believe they were the only Senior team to win a match and not qualify from their group - I'd guess the chances of that happening were slim.

I know it's not Senior, but the same fate befell Tullysaran.  Beating Clonmore who beat the two teams that beat Tullysaran

Applesisapples

Quote from: Last Man on September 19, 2018, 01:14:02 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 19, 2018, 10:32:10 AM
Paul McCormick
Cheers, didn't know he had a clinic in Lurgan.
At the house opposite the council horse riding facility.

Christmas Lights

Hello Helen  8)

Insane Bolt

Speaking of cute hoors....Paddy Power have Cross 1/2 Harps 2/1

Insane Bolt

Insane Bolt

9/1 now....good man BCB😎

13/1....cash out time🙄

Insane Bolt

Harold Disgracey

Harps very lucky to be so close. Cross playing very well, impressed with their keepers kick outs.