Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 26, 2018, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 26, 2018, 09:36:15 AM
So it could be a major traffic jam at the top by the time the dust settles. Anyone brave enough to call it?

Very difficult to call. I can't work out all the mathematical permutations, but it has to be two from Armagh, Fermanagh, Longford and Westmeath. For Armagh, there is a real bonus in that the other three all have to play each other and thus points will be dropped. Indeed Fermanagh's last three games are likely to be their toughest, as they face us, Longford and Westmeath.

Armagh though do not fill me with confidence and I do not see them going the whole league with a 100% record.

Very difficult to predict, but if I was forced to call it I would say Armagh and Longford to go up, with Longford beating Armagh in the final.

Thanks for the kiss of death, Rufus. 

Armagh and Westlucan for me, I'd say, with Armagh to win the final. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 26, 2018, 02:37:05 PM
Thanks for the kiss of death, Rufus. 

Armagh and Westlucan for me, I'd say, with Armagh to win the final.

;D

Didn't get to see our match with yerselves Billy, but I know a lot of our ones were quite impressed. I think Longford will take both Westmeath and Fermanagh at home which should be enough to see youse over the line! 

illdecide

It's Armagh & Fermanagh for me but really is a hard one to call...Longford are usually good at home and hard to beat there so just a guess until that game takes place. Armagh wheels could easily fall off too, three tough games left.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on February 26, 2018, 03:56:28 PM
It's Armagh & Fermanagh for me but really is a hard one to call...Longford are usually good at home and hard to beat there so just a guess until that game takes place. Armagh wheels could easily fall off too, three tough games left.

Havent seen any of Fermanagh's games thus far but 4 wins from 4 speaks for itself.
However, Longford have been the best team we have played so far - going solely on performances against us - and I think they have a good chance of promotion. Fermanagh will obv be there or there abouts too but their last 3 games are their tiughest

T Fearon

Armagh V Derry tough one as Derry need points. Fermanagh V Armagh most probably Fermanagh will be the better side but Armagh will nick this game as they usually do against Fermanagh.Two points virtually assured against Wexford,hard to believe Armagh V Wexford was the Div 1 Final not too long ago

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2018, 11:12:05 PM
hard to believe Armagh V Wexford was the Div 1 Final not too long ago

13 years ago!

oakleaflad

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 27, 2018, 04:29:49 AM
hard to believe Armagh V Wexford was the Div 1 Final not too long ago

13 years ago!
Going by our form at the minute it's harder to believe that Derry have been in 3 Div 1 finals since then, most recently in 2014.

naka

Armagh V Derry tough one as Derry need points. Fermanagh V Armagh most probably Fermanagh will be the better side but Armagh will nick this game as they usually do against Fermanagh.Two points virtually assured against Wexford,hard to believe Armagh V Wexford was the Div 1 Final not too long ago
funnily enough I think Armagh could lose  next 2 and still get promoted if they beat wexford

mackers

I can't see anything other than a horrible tetchy all Ulster affair against Fermanagh which will be very much 50/50.  IF the Derry match was going to go ahead this Saturday evening I would fancy Armagh as the Slaughtneil players looked as if they are in a bad need of a break and Derry are going poorly at the minute.  If Derry were to get snared in a relegation battle further down the line and Armagh didn't play them until then I'd imagine McKaigue, Rodgers and the other lads would be pulled in and Armagh wouldn't get it as easy.  Armagh's promotion is not as cast iron as the media would have you believe.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

naka

Markers
Armagh are going up that I am confident of.
Hopefully game goes ahead on Saturday as amoff the drink and need to be preoccupied

illdecide

Quote from: naka on February 27, 2018, 07:13:15 PM
Markers
Hopefully game goes ahead on Saturday as amoff the drink and need to be preoccupied

Naka you should know if there is a hard way of doing something Armagh will find it, Armagh are down a fair bit of quality from last season (without being too unfair to the current players) but for me they're beating teams down to their commitment, stubbornness and pure desire to do well in the Armagh Jersey, of course they have quality players there too but they have a lot of young lads who will need a year or two to gain the experience and hopefully they'll get it in Div 2 next year.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Markers

If you are about Armagh you would need to get working with the shovel, although Armagh won't get as much snow as places to the South East.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Quote from: armaghniac on February 28, 2018, 12:00:29 PM
Markers

If you are about Armagh you would need to get working with the shovel, although Armagh won't get as much snow as places to the South East.

I do not see how our game is played this weekend, which is a shame as night games are always good craic at the home of Tyrone Championship matches. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Things aren't too bad around here just yet. If we get any sort of a thaw Saturday Sligo might be fine. There hasn't ben much snow and not an awful lot forecast. Some games will get cancelled though so they might do a rework of the calendar and do a blanket call off.

FermGael

Croc what are the chances of the Westmeath game going ahead ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered