Rate your County Board

Started by bennydorano, October 23, 2008, 09:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: nearlymad on October 23, 2008, 10:21:18 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 23, 2008, 09:16:41 PM
Quote from: Gold on October 23, 2008, 02:10:51 PM
Antrim is improving--County Board were an absolute laughing stock--but hopefully it continues to get better

Care to comment now in the light of the Baker's appointment.

Antrim county is by far and away the most inept in the land - the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Put yourself forward for a postion to help improve it all instead of slating them.Who would you have picked out of the 4/

No suitable applicants.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

snappiered

I think the Tyrone County Board do a very good job. You always have ones complaning but running the affairs of the whole county is not an easy task and  you are never going to please everybody. But I think our county board are very good at their jobs.

feetofflames

Tyrone county board have become very elitist, obviously there are elements of their operation that they run terribly well ie intercounty -   they plough all their resources into the county teams and cant even organise a league season without huge breaks in it for the clubs.  It seem to be give give give by the clubs, yet the county board which is self sustaining(with club members money)  at this stage still semm to take money off their member clubs at every opportunity.
Chief Wiggum

Maximus Marillius

I think the Derry County Board are not as bad as they are made out to be by whingers like Mc Gilligan and Conway running to the Irish news. The county board has over saw the transformation of the administering of our games. The south and north derry boards are now gone, the youth games for each level is run by the body, this ensures a more effectient programme without overlaps. Our leagues and championships are well run for our clubs and we have excellent facilities in Owenbeg. Celtic park is under major development and will be as good as as county ground in ireland. There will be incidents where clubs feel they have been unfairly treated, but that is the parochial nature of our games

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 24, 2008, 10:44:18 AM
I think the Derry County Board are not as bad as they are made out to be by whingers like Mc Gilligan and Conway running to the Irish news. The county board has over saw the transformation of the administering of our games. The south and north derry boards are now gone, the youth games for each level is run by the body, this ensures a more effectient programme without overlaps. Our leagues and championships are well run for our clubs and we have excellent facilities in Owenbeg. Celtic park is under major development and will be as good as as county ground in ireland. There will be incidents where clubs feel they have been unfairly treated, but that is the parochial nature of our games
that all sounds great
why is it then that the whole thing is a shambles year on year?
your pr bit for the countyboard is admirable (if not questionable as to your over reaction to defend them al the time - must be some reason there I'd suspect!)

as for McGilligan being a whinger, would you look at, listen to the complaints and comparables to the football and then say that to mcgilligans face.

doubt it....

Spirit of 94

As someone stated on another thread, Derry County Board make even our MLAs look competent. ;D ;D

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 24, 2008, 11:53:43 AM
that all sounds great
your pr bit for the countyboard is admirable (if not questionable as to your over reaction to defend them al the time - must be some reason there I'd suspect!)

as for McGilligan being a whinger, would you look at, listen to the complaints and comparables to the football and then say that to mcgilligans face.

doubt it....

It all sounds great...well its accurate. Would I say to Mc Gilligaan...no bother what so ever. You paint mc Gilligan as a monster...the man I know stands his ground and calls a spade the ways he sees a spade, and he would be able to take another man spade and argue it out

Spirit of 94

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 24, 2008, 01:28:29 PM
that all sounds great

doubt it....

It all sounds great...well its accurate. Would I say to Mc Gilligaan...no bother what so ever. You paint mc Gilligan as a monster...the man I know stands his ground and calls a spade the ways he sees a spade, and he would be able to take another man spade and argue it out

Wouldn't fancy Big Brian coming at me with a spade, or even without a spade for that matter!!  Still I hope he's allowed to take one into his disciplinary hearing, if it ever takes place that is.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 24, 2008, 01:28:29 PM
that all sounds great

doubt it....

I dont know it its changing tack or just backtracking you are doing - as that isnt answering the question

if McGilligan told you his arguments and agrievements on the hurling front, would you then call him a whinger?
its not the fear aspect about you I am depicting, its the irrationality to enter into a debate , hearing what a guy is saying then adjudicating.
Not just flippantly backing up 'all things county board are great and those who dont agree are whingers' mentality you have.

you have outlined yourself here as either forked tongued or a backstabber.
if not, would you call him a whinger after he outlined his case for his stance against the co board?

I didnt think so either.

baoithe

Sligoper

Go on the Bunnies!

billy the kid

That all sounds great Max but some of it is simply not true.

EG the Div 2 Hurling teams didnt have a single competitive game fixed until all the reserve football league games were played which was late July early August this year when lads had been out training for 6/7 months.

The reason for this was that they didnt want the hurling getting in the way of the reserve football.

The County board also decided to cut the number of league games in half this year for Div 2 teams from (14 to 7) meaning that these teams were only supposed to get again 8 Guaranteed games a year (7 league 1 Championship)

Again this was because it was gettin in the way of the football.

And to top it all of they only fixed 2 rounds of the league and some games werent played as they never arranged refs for them, and then decided to forget about it as there was no room for it to be fitted in.

end result adult hurling teams out training since January - no games until August - only get 2 league games  and one championship game.
Championship finalists will only get to play 5 games in this entire season

since the final is due to be played at end of november thats 5 games in 11 months which isnt even a game every 2 months - total disgrace
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

robertemmet

Billy totally agree with you,this is a disgrace.  The county board don't card about hurling.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 23, 2008, 11:54:00 AM
Did the Derry Board ever get a full time secretary after it was re-advertised for the second or third time?
Be carefulwhat you wish for as you might just end up with what Down got

Leo

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 23, 2008, 07:44:15 PM
Sligo County Board could do alot better. Im not involved myself and i have to respect  people who do put the effort and time into it but our way of sacking managers has been poor, last yrs appointment of manager was disaster, looking after Sligo best interests with regards to bellaghy looks disastrous at the minute, training facilities poor at the minute

Although markievicz park is class ground now, and structures are alot better now imo, fixture scheduling could be improved, venue choice always favouring south sligo needs to addressed.

Have a great website, very informative, a bit bias towards south sligo though in terms of FOSF notes.

Coaching in schools has improved, more investment in Sligo gaa ocurring. Spending plenty of money on teams and they seem well looked after.

Need to address refereing standards or else i wont live much longer ;).

5/10 but lots to work on. Opportunities to improve on things as mentioned above but they do get somethings right aswell.

Sligo had a great promotion a few years ago - Moving Forward With Sligo - that looked like it could be the blueprint for the fututre. What happened to that? Bad sign to let that slip.
Fierce tame altogether