Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: armaghniac on July 01, 2020, 02:16:49 PM
Garda Horkan's funeral was pretty effectively socially distanced, and SF definitely made an effort too. However, the difference was that Vardakar did not travel to Mayo while Mary-Lou and Pearse Doherty did go Belfast, so there was a difference of tone in the two events. SF needed to make a point here about public responsibility and they failed to do and even if Jennifer Carrol McNeil is a hypocrite that in no way justifies SF.

Charlie Flanagan, a FG Government minister (not just any minister, but the Justice Minister), attended Garda Horkan's Funeral, and he breached social distancing at it. So there was no difference in tone. If people's concern is genuinely about public health, then it's worth noting that Coronavirus doesn't concern itself with the "tone" of a gathering of people. If their concern in about politician's not doing what they preach, then why is the outrage restricted to those involved at Bobby Storey's Funeral? A rhetorical question, obviously. We all know why.

five points

Quote from: Snapchap on July 01, 2020, 01:12:42 PM
Quote from: five points on July 01, 2020, 01:01:49 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 01, 2020, 12:29:49 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on July 01, 2020, 12:26:18 PM
I don't think anyone is suggesting two wrongs make a right, but you just have to laugh about the people making the most noise about this, and the very notion that their concern is for public health.

I didn't see one single complaint about the funeral distancing breaches at Garda Horkan's funeral, which included distancing breaches by at least one FG government minister. Another FG TD, Jennifer Carrol McNeill, was vocally critical on Twitter yesterday about breaches of Social Distancing at yesterday's funeral. This same woman was photographed on the front page of the paper during the week, sitting on a bench right next to another two FG TDs.

Anyone who said f#@k all about Garda Horkan's funeral, but who is jumping up and down about Bobby Storey's funeral, can go do one.

+1 All should be called out and haven't been.

There is a reason for that. The photos of the Garda funeral weren't as widely shared as the Storey one. I didn't see any until today.

And why do you think that would be?

Why do you ask? I'm in agreement with you here.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Last time I checked FG weren't telling me what to do here in Derry. Michelle O' Neill is. What an arrogant party SF have become.

dec

Looking at the photos of both funerals there seems to be virtually nobody wearing masks. When I walk around outside here in Brooklyn most people would be wearing masks. Is mask wearing that rare in Ireland at the moment?

imtommygunn

I'm not out and about that much but from what I see people wearing masks are very much in the minority though there are definitely a few wearing masks. I also see people here and there with them round their necks but to be fair that is more outdoors and they may put them on for indoors.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 01, 2020, 03:06:33 PM
Last time I checked FG weren't telling me what to do here in Derry. Michelle O' Neill is. What an arrogant party SF have become.

Ah right, sure who cares about down south? Spoken like a true stoop. It's a good job the coronavirus can't cross the border eh?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on July 01, 2020, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 01, 2020, 03:06:33 PM

Ah right, sure who cares about down south? Spoken like a true stoop. It's a good job the coronavirus can't cross the border eh?

Don't be silly, you know I mean. Why are we comparing MON actions against Charlie Flanagans when no matter how much we like it up here to be different our direction on distancing comes from Stormont. It is from Belfast and not Dublin that we are being told what we can and can not do. Therefore my anger is primarily with SF.
I have told you before also that I am a republican. When will Shinners ever learn that not all republicans are SF, its not really hard to understand. "Stoop"-are you a 16 year old stuck in the 70s.

charlieTully

Michelle and co were wrong on this one. End of. It stinks of hypocrisy.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: dec on July 01, 2020, 03:08:16 PM
Looking at the photos of both funerals there seems to be virtually nobody wearing masks. When I walk around outside here in Brooklyn most people would be wearing masks. Is mask wearing that rare in Ireland at the moment?

Very rare.

But sure you couldn't be seen wearing one when no one else is. You'd be the talk of the town!
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

armaghniac

Sure even SF couldn't manage a few masks at their funeral and they had them years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dec

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on July 01, 2020, 04:22:44 PM
Quote from: dec on July 01, 2020, 03:08:16 PM

Very rare.

But sure you couldn't be seen wearing one when no one else is. You'd be the talk of the town!

It makes it a lot easier to wear one when most other people have them on.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Did anyone listen to Martina Anderson, naw hi, hard to listen to

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on July 01, 2020, 05:03:03 PM
Sure even SF couldn't manage a few masks at their funeral and they had them years ago.
Were masks not worn inside the church?  and outside the church the SF delegation  were adequately distant and compliant with all restrictions. It was the local Belfast citizenry who turned up against all advice who crowded the sidewalks. Unlike that funeral for the southern Guard that you referenced as being almost ideal,  where the funeral cortege itself was packed solid like a can of sardines with dignitaries included and not a peep out of anyone about social distancing.

Eire90

sinn fein are a disgrace they have no right to moan if we see bonfires and  marches on the twelfth but they probably will still moan.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on July 02, 2020, 08:07:15 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on July 02, 2020, 03:38:41 AM
sinn fein are a disgrace they have no right to moan if we see bonfires and  marches on the twelfth but they probably will still moan.
Yeah, they've no right to moan at the displaying of sectarian and racist messages. Or the burning of flags, effigies, posters of themselves, GAA club/county flags, 1000s of pallets and tyres on roads or public property, yards from homes. Or the erection of loyalist paramilitary flags in shared spaces. Or sectarian, triumphalist and intimidating marches through neutral or nationalist areas.

After all, they attended a funeral, the bastards.

As I previously said, they shouldn't have attended but don't give me that ballix.

Ah Jaysis hardstation, if it was any other poster you'd have right to argue, it's Eire90 remember.  :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.