Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Scott Sinclair led a clean sweep of awards for Celtic as he was named Scotland's player of the year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39839913

From the Bunker

You have to admire Aberdeens great run of results. Otherwise Celtic would by now have beaten the record League winning margin of 29 held already by Celtic (2013/14).

The European Record is held by Paris SG at 31.

Hectic

If anyone is measuring Celtics standing by the number of players in team of the season; player of the year, manager of the year, manager of the month etc then they should probably get a towel and dry behind their ears.

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on May 08, 2017, 09:54:59 AM
If anyone is measuring Celtics standing by the number of players in team of the season; player of the year, manager of the year, manager of the month etc then they should probably get a towel and dry behind their ears.
If anyone is measuring Celtics standing by the number of players in team of the season; player of the year, manager of the year, manager of the month etc .........
player development since previous coach,  improvements in all aspects of their game, managerial and coaching acumen, the successes on the pitch, the all round optimism in facing next season's challenges  etc
then they should probably get a towel and dry behind their ears.
;D

Hectic

Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2017, 10:11:06 AM
Quote from: Hectic on May 08, 2017, 09:54:59 AM
If anyone is measuring Celtics standing by the number of players in team of the season; player of the year, manager of the year, manager of the month etc .........
player development since previous coach,  improvements in all aspects of their game, managerial and coaching acumen, the successes on the pitch, the all round optimism in facing next season's challenges  etc
then they should probably get a towel and dry behind their ears.
;D

Haha  - in fairness mood around the club is the one I would latch to most - generally encompasses some of the others anyway - over the many years following you generally get a sense of the direction we are going in by 'the mood' - now excuse me while I reach for the towel.

T Fearon

These are like the annual soap star awards,and Eastenders winning every year due to lack of competition

Main Street

"People will always pull you down and say you are never good enough."

"The main thing, on a personal level, is that I never gave up and I'm getting the rewards for it now.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2017, 06:04:01 PM
These are like the annual soap star awards,and Eastenders winning every year due to lack of competition

You brought up the SPFL team of the season and tried to point score. As usual it backfired and you have no comeback

T Fearon

Is anyone really surprised Brendan won manager of the year and Celtic dominated all the awards? You have to take account of the fact that they have no opposition whatsoever.Two players Sinclair and Dembele,both with English Championship clubs last summer are now Scotland's Players of the Year,says it all.

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2017, 07:11:23 PM
Is anyone really surprised Brendan won manager of the year and Celtic dominated all the awards? You have to take account of the fact that they have no opposition whatsoever.Two players Sinclair and Dembele,both with English Championship clubs last summer are now Scotland's Players of the Year,says it all.

No, I would have been surprised if they dominated them last year. It's been a good year not a great year. But you can only dance with the girls in the Hall.

Minimum level in Europe was achieved this year - Qualifying for the group stages. Next year hopefully the same and maybe Europa League after Christmas.

There is no winning being Celtic manager at the present time domestically. Anything other that victory after victory is failure.

tonto1888

We signed Sinclair from Villa. He never played for them in the championship. Don't try to twist things

thebar

Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2017, 06:08:35 PM
"People will always pull you down and say you are never good enough."

"The main thing, on a personal level, is that I never gave up and I'm getting the rewards for it now.

Fair play lad you get what you deserve when you work hard!

Arthur_Friend

What is your point exactly?

T Fearon

These are things not worthy of celebration.Scott Sinclair scored one more league goal than ex Cliftonville player Liam Boyce.Is this worthy of celebration?

Does anyone praise Jim Gavin and Dublin for winning All Irelands? Are they not sneered at for having so much more resources than their rivals hence winning and beating them all is merely to be expected?

From the Bunker

Have to agree with T Fearon. Everybody has totally lost the run of themselves on here! What were we talking about again?