Any chance of a relative unknown emerging now and becoming player of the year

Started by johnpower, July 31, 2007, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

For me it could be  any of the following
Tommy Freeman , Colum Cavanagh , Kevin Bonner , Kieran Quinn , Donnacha O Conner , Brian Farrell , Enda Muldoon

ExiledGael

Muldoon an unknown?? All-Star in 2004
Tommy Freeman is probably the 'relative' unknown that could be the star of the year should Monaghan win Sam, maybe Brian Farrell if he really puts on a show against and Meath win the whole thing.
Colm Cavanagh has hardly got a look in since being injured in Tyrone's first game

Suppose Bernard Brogan has done well so far and Mark Vaughan if you'd call him an unknown, certainly a new prospect
Maybe Vinny Corey will go the whole way in his Donaghy role and pick up all the awards!

Young player of the year: If their teams progress much further suppose these lads would be in the reckoning
Ciaran Hanratty
Mark Lynch
Michael McGoldrick
Donncha O'Connor
Bernard Brogan
Stephan Bray (age??)
Shane O'Rourke

PS. Sorry Sligo I'm not too familiar with your exploits to date

oakleafgael

johnpower

Sorry I should really have said in terms of 2007 performances media reports etc ,I know he was a deserved all star in 2004n

Rav67

colm cavanagh, bonner and o'connor are nowhere near good enough to win that award, they dont even deserve a place on their county teams. farrell is an excellent free taker i admit

johnpower

Jinxy

I would class Anthony Moyles as being relatively unknown until this year. I know Bray is getting all the plaudits, but Moyles is the teams lynchpin. Contributing on the scoreboard and in defense.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Windmill abu

It must be Paddy Bradley, he hasn't won an All Ireland medal, an Ulster Championship Medal, a National League Medal, A McKenna Cup Medal or an All-Star. Therefore he must be an unknown. But if he doesn't win player of the year, he may become the greatest player not to have won anything
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Mid Mon

Dessie Mone has to be worth a mention. In 4 games marking Ulsters finest he's only conceded 1-1 from play, the goal been simply pushed into the net by Bradley

orangeman

It will always be a forward in terms of profile - so if Meath progreess and Stpehen Bray has a big game, then it will be him. Tommy Freeman would be very well known in Ulster football already.

blanketattack

The unknowns I think that might have the biggest impact on the rest of the championship are McCullagh, McMahon, Young, Reidy or O'Neill.

thebandit

Star Spangler

Stephen Bray is definitely a front runner but Raymond Mulgrew is the most likely imo.

Bogball XV