U20 All Ireland series

Started by Farrandeelin, July 04, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Rightyo ok then , don't think whatever club I'm from at home makes a lot of difference and why the interest anyway.

Back to the game itself maybe ,  are Derry on the back of any good minor teams ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

oakleaflad

Quote from: larryin89 on July 10, 2018, 06:15:17 AM
Rightyo ok then , don't think whatever club I'm from at home makes a lot of difference and why the interest anyway.

Back to the game itself maybe ,  are Derry on the back of any good minor teams ?
Yeah we've had successful minor teams this past few years. This current U20 side is almost entirely composed of U19's though and are in bonus territory now. Think something like 12 or 13 of the 15 are U20 next year including their 1,3,6,8,9 and 14. 

ballinaman

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 10, 2018, 10:00:45 AM

Yeah we've had successful minor teams this past few years. This current U20 side is almost entirely composed of U19's though and are in bonus territory now. Think something like 12 or 13 of the 15 are U20 next year including their 1,3,6,8,9 and 14.
Callum Brown the target danger man inside I've heard.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: ballinaman on July 10, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

Is that the lad who caused Kerry plenty of problems when he came on last year? Think he'd still be u18 if that grade still existed, I'm sure Derry posters will put me right.

oakleaflad

Will wear 8 or 9 and play corner back  ;)

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 10, 2018, 10:35:24 AM

Is that the lad who caused Kerry plenty of problems when he came on last year? Think he'd still be u18 if that grade still existed, I'm sure Derry posters will put me right.
Same lad alright. Yeah, as I say we have a very young side who did very well to win Ulster. 

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Blowitupref

All-Ireland U-20 Championship Semi-Final between Kildare and Kerry will be shown live on TG4, while the other Semi-Final between Mayo and Derry will be streamed live on TG4.ie. The All Ireland final will be played in Croke Park on August 5th before the Dublin v Roscommon senior game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

southderryman

Mayo 2.14 Derry 2.11

Mayo the better team. Derry defence found it tough going there. Having said that we could have won it. Missed 2 excellent goal chances. Very unlucky with the shot that came back off the frame of the goal.
Most disappointing thing for me was the amount of ball kicked away, lost alot in the middle of the park and took the wrong decision  too many times.
Hopefully a learning curve. Excellent achievement for these lads to win Ulster, and hopefully something to build on next year

Jinxy

Kildare beat Kerry by a point!
Great to see a team we beat doing so well since we beat them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Estimator

Quote from: Jinxy on July 14, 2018, 05:39:29 PM
Kildare beat Kerry by a point!
Great to see a team we beat doing so well since we beat them.

2016 All-Ireland Minor Semi Final
Kerry 2-26 Kildare 0-10

Regardless of the lads playing for Kerry seniors, that is still some turnaround.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Dinny Breen

Trying to follow the Kildare game in an airport on Twitter with 3% battery is not good for the heart but what a win, have no idea what is going with Kildare football, zero but an Indian summer. Sunshine footballers.
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 14, 2018, 06:48:05 PM
Trying to follow the Kildare game in an airport on Twitter with 3% battery is not good for the heart but what a win, have no idea what is going with Kildare football, zero but an Indian summer. Sunshine footballers.

In the sunshine, their kit dazzles the opposition and confuses them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Great display of balls and footballing ability there. Kerry had some serious running power and a favourable referee but they still managed to get the better of them. Masterson, McLoughlin, Woodgate and Hyland were the standout performers for me. Mark Dempsey got better the longer the game and kept Shaw reasonably quiet.

They reckon the final is in Croke park as a curtain raiser for a dead rubber. A Tullamore standalone would make a lot more sense.

MayoBuck

Really entertaining game in Carrick today. Both sides left at least 2 goals behind them. I felt Mayo dominated the first half and only going in a point up after playing with a strong breeze was a worry.

2nd half ebbed and flowed so it was great to come out the right side of the result! We seem to have a bottomless pit of half backs in the county. McLaughlin and Lambert were our standout performers today.

Donnellys Hollow

Superb display. It's 10 years since we have won a semi-final at underage level so this was overdue considering the decent amount of Leinster titles we have won in the meantime. Bridging a 53 year gap now will be the next challenge.

Hyland announced himself on the national stage today. He dovetails very well with McLoughlin who looks like he will be the new Martin Lynch for Clane. The backline has improved hugely over the last month. I didn't see this team going far after Laois and Meath cut them open at the back. Dempsey was stuck to Shaw today and Barrett has really grown into the 3 jersey. Masterson has really benefited from the experience he gained during Moorefield's run during the winter. He plucked a few kickouts out of the clouds when Kildare needed it.

Credit to Cian O'Neill for resisting the temptation to throw Hyland, Dempsey and O'Neill in after the Carlow debacle. Long may this great run continue!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?