Sport you have no interest in whatsoever

Started by seafoid, March 15, 2016, 02:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on March 16, 2016, 08:56:58 AM
You also need to live beside the beach

True, but at the same time I doubt too many sons or daughters of north sea fishermen are into it either.

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on March 16, 2016, 09:05:22 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 16, 2016, 08:56:58 AM
You also need to live beside the beach

True, but at the same time I doubt too many sons or daughters of north sea fishermen are into it either.
Yes it's a toff sport alright.

On an aside I love how people slag off rugby for being posh.

50fiftyball

Brick Tamlin

Motorsport - Vroooommm.........vvvrrrrrooooooommm. Round in circles and noisy as fuk. Ye can shove your Isle of Man TT & Northwest 200 up your hole Watson!!
American Sports - American football & Baseball - Any game that takes hrs and hrs to finish isn't a game.
Cricket - Absolutely pointless. Any game where both teams wear the same colour kit and stop a game for lunch is definitely not a proper sport.
Ladies GAA - Mucksavage heaven. Awful as a spectacle. They will never be as technically skilful or adept at the games. Its just the way it is. They aren't built for it. Equality me arse.
Darts - An outlet for drunks and fat people to roar and shout and get pissed.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on March 16, 2016, 09:39:33 AM
Motorsport - Vroooommm.........vvvrrrrrooooooommm. Round in circles and noisy as fuk. Ye can shove your Isle of Man TT & Northwest 200 up your hole Watson!!
American Sports - American football & Baseball - Any game that takes hrs and hrs to finish isn't a game.
Cricket - Absolutely pointless. Any game where both teams wear the same colour kit and stop a game for lunch is definitely not a proper sport.
Ladies GAA - Mucksavage heaven. Awful as a spectacle. They will never be as technically skilful or adept at the games. Its just the way it is. They aren't built for it. Equality me arse.
Darts - An outlet for drunks and fat people to roar and shout and get pissed.

;D ;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mikehunt

Quote from: general_lee on March 16, 2016, 09:09:51 AM

Most of the Irish rugby players would have went to fee paying schools so think that's where it comes from. Not that they're posh but it would generally be associated with people who have money. It's why Ireland are pretty sh!t at it. The pool for picking rich talented kids would be pretty small. GAA played instead of rugby in non fee paying schools.

deiseach

Who plays rugby in the Five Nations?

Ireland - posh people with a few pockets of non-posh
England - posh people and West Country bumpkins
France - foothills of the Pyrenees bumpkins
Wales - everyone
Scotland - posh people

clarshack

formula one
horse racing
american football
baseball
cricket
bowls
hockey
golf

Hardy

Quote from: mikehunt on March 16, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 16, 2016, 09:09:51 AM

Most of the Irish rugby players would have went to fee paying schools

Their parents probably consider it worth the fee if they learn the correct perfect conditional tense of the verb "go".

Declan

Their parents probably consider it worth the fee if they learn the correct perfect conditional tense of the verb "go".

The grammar police strike again - good man Hardy  :) :)

GJL

A lot of the sports in the Olympics. IE Swimming, long distance running, throwing sh1t as far as you can, indoor cycling around in a circle, show jumping, rowing... All a steaming pile of dung.

BennyCake

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 16, 2016, 03:16:22 AM
Golf.  For the life of me I don't see why people find it exciting.
Horse racing. Grinds my gears that they just call it "racing" as if there's no other form of racing.
UFC. Bloody awful looking. At least boxing has a bit of structure to it.

Agree about UFC. No style, control or discipline. Like two bears fighting in a cage. Can't understand the attraction with those McGregor types.

deiseach

Quote from: Hardy on March 16, 2016, 10:50:23 AM

It's the equivalent of a Masonic handshake these days.

BennyCake

Not big fans of baseball or basketball, but at least it's sorta straightforward and you know what's going on.

But with rugby, it's a brutal spectacle with stupid rules... who the hell dreamt up that shite? Backwards to go forwards, one of the aims is to kick the ball out of play...wtf? A set of posts, but you can score in the corner. That's the stupidest bit. That's like having in snooker, you can earn points by potting balls into the pocket, but you can also earn points by hitting your opponent over the head with your cue.