The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 24, 2019, 01:54:36 PM
Great morning for our guys. Hopefully can dig in now.

I get so confused now with this cricket, who are our guys and who are their guys again?  ;) :D :D :D

OgraAnDun

Quote from: NAG1 on July 24, 2019, 01:56:32 PM

I get so confused now with this cricket, who are our guys and who are their guys again?  ;) :D :D :D

Well, there's no Irish lads on the England team... and I think no English players on the Irish team?

screenexile

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 24, 2019, 02:26:09 PM

Well, there's no Irish lads on the England team... and I think no English players on the Irish team?

Boyd Rankin used to play for England so what do we do there??!

Boycey

Tim Murtagh is London born with Irish parents all the rest are home produced.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2019, 02:30:19 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 24, 2019, 02:26:09 PM

Boyd Rankin used to play for England so what do we do there??!

Forgive him?

passedit

Ireland 127 - 2 Balbirnie 51NO Stirling 35NO nice partnership developing
Don't Panic

trailer

Why is the Irish captain of England, Eoin Morgan not playing?

Denn Forever

Quote from: trailer on July 24, 2019, 04:35:49 PM

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

They reckon he's not a Test player.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

JimStynes

He'd do a job off the bench for us.

Are we winning this or what's the story? How long is there left?

screenexile

Ireland don't really seem to have capitalised on the phenomenal bowling performance they had this morning.

Still highly likely England win this!

gallsman

Quote from: trailer on July 24, 2019, 04:35:49 PM

He's the one day captain, not the Test one.

As Boycey said last week, that ship has long since sailed.

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2019, 05:29:55 PM
Ireland don't really seem to have capitalised on the phenomenal bowling performance they had this morning.

A lead of 122 is still not too bad on a pitch that seemed to be deteriorating rapidly. Today's record temperatures will hasten that. Though if England bat properly and see today out without much damage then it's back in their favour big time. I wouldn't like us to be chasing more than 200 and even that might be tough.

Clov

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 25, 2019, 10:59:47 AM

A lead of 122 is still not too bad on a pitch that seemed to be deteriorating rapidly. Today's record temperatures will hasten that. Though if England bat properly and see today out without much damage then it's back in their favour big time. I wouldn't like us to be chasing more than 200 and even that might be tough.

The TMS crowd reckon the heat will play into England's favour. Drying out the pitch and making it a fairly flat track to bat on - today might be the best day for batting before it deteriorates further. The outfield will also be pretty quick. Early wickets before it gets too hot would help Ireland a lot.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Clov on July 25, 2019, 11:30:36 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 25, 2019, 10:59:47 AM

The TMS crowd reckon the heat will play into England's favour. Drying out the pitch and making it a fairly flat track to bat on - today might be the best day for batting before it deteriorates further. The outfield will also be pretty quick. Early wickets before it gets too hot would help Ireland a lot.

Yes, fair point and it's all changed round now after a good morning for England.