Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: AQMP on July 02, 2018, 10:38:56 AM
Alan Longmuir, bass player with the Bay City Rollers, aged 70.

Soundtrack to my youth. RIP Alan.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Over the Bar

England's penalty jinx....gone!

Dire Ear

Spider-Man co-creator Steve Ditko has died aged 90 in New York, police say.

Aaron Boone

Classic-winning horse trainer John Dunlop aged 78.

Hoof Hearted

Another Dunlop too apparently
William son of Robert
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

thebar

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 07, 2018, 07:18:02 PM
Another Dunlop too apparently
William son of Robert

Sad one that...it is one dangerous game.

paddyjohn

Terrible news about William, heartbreaking. I spent an hour in his company a few months, a quiet unassuming man. God love the family.

Shamrock Shore

Champion The Wonder Horse

Lovely young man by all accounts and a baby on the way too.

Terrible news.

quit yo jibbajabba

Did he speak v well in the Joey film from while back?

Fcuk that film be even more poignant now...

gallsman

RIP, sadly, to the Dunlop family once again.

Something in the genes with them unfortunately. The thrill and the exhilaration pushes them to live on the edge. I'm no lover of Motorsport, least of all road racing, but these lads are something else.

Boycey

They're a very rare breed of man, brave to the point of being foolhardy. I remember Michael, and possibly William? racing in the event their father had been killed in practice for..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on July 07, 2018, 09:56:41 PM
RIP, sadly, to the Dunlop family once again.

Something in the genes with them unfortunately. The thrill and the exhilaration pushes them to live on the edge. I'm no lover of Motorsport, least of all road racing, but these lads are something else.
Aye, if you watch Road it's clear these boys are programmed to ride bikes. The rational course of action to an outsider, is to knock it on the head when your family is being killed racing bikes, but these lads have it coursing through their veins and can't stop.

Dougal Maguire

Yeah. You're right there. I used to follow the sport in my younger days but it's haywire stuff. It's like what F1 was in the 1960s before Jackie Steward introduced safety as a priority. Isle of Man is a complete bloodbath. I think there was a guy Gene McDonald his name might have been, who got killed on the IOM when he hit a horse that had strayed onto the course. I know it's in their veins but would we make Russian Roulette legal just because people liked playing it?
Careful now

Orior

I agree Dougal. Road racing should be banned, in the same way that we are made to wear seat belts.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians