Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

clonadmad

Quote from: GAA-SMART on September 27, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
Makes no difference 1 or 20, if he does a good job then give him the 20 years

Sugrue comes in for the year and now has a 1 year plan in place,short termism isnt the way to go be it management in sport,politics or business.

After 4 managers in 4 years,It was important for the CB to be seen to back their man.

He had looked for more than 1 year to put his structures in place and was knocked back,a great start.

Keyser Söze

I really don't think it matters what length of "contract" these managers get. If they do well, they stay on. If they don't, and there are question marks around discipline, preparation or other management related matters, they get "let off".

The clever thing to do would have been to privately assure Sugrue of his security, and present him to the county board meeting as our manager for the foreseeable future. Putting a length of term on a GAA manager is pointless.

Unlike others gone before him he has the background, experience and I believe he has as much of vested interest as is possible for a non-insider. He has worked with Laois Senior footballers before and was deemed good enough by the players. There is no reason he won't be a success- relative to what "success" means for us.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

GAA-SMART

Has a minor management been put in place?

SCFC

Quote from: GAA-SMART on October 09, 2017, 09:52:35 AM
Has a minor management been put in place?
I'd say they have to wait until the under 17 is over in case the incoming manager might actually spot someone.

OTF

Is there minor next year , I thought minor was finished.

SCFC

Quote from: OTF on October 09, 2017, 04:42:49 PM
Is there minor next year , I thought minor was finished.
Minor continues on with age limit dropping to under 17

OTF

justinn

DIVISION 4

Round 1: Saturday, January 27th: Laois v Limerick, London v Carlow; Sunday, January 28th: Antrim v Leitrim, Wicklow v Waterford

Round 2: Sunday, February 4th: Leitrim v Laois, Limerick v Carlow, London v Wicklow, Waterford v Antrim

Round 3: Saturday, February 10th: Laois v Waterford; Sunday, February 11th: Antrim v Wicklow, Carlow v Leitrim, London v Limerick

Round 4: Sunday, February 25th: Leitrim v Limerick, Waterford v Carlow, Wicklow v Laois, London v Antrim

Round 5: Saturday, March 3rd: Carlow v Wicklow, London v Leitrim; Sunday, March 4th: Laois v Antrim, Limerick v Waterford

Round 6: Sunday, March 11th: London v Laois; Sunday, March 18th: Antrim v Carlow, Waterford v Leitrim, Wicklow v Limerick

Round 7: Sunday, March 25th: Carlow v Laois, Leitrim v Wicklow, Limerick v Antrim, London v Waterford

The Monument Road

Quote from: justinn on October 13, 2017, 03:56:07 PM
DIVISION 4

Round 1: Saturday, January 27th: Laois v Limerick, London v Carlow; Sunday, January 28th: Antrim v Leitrim, Wicklow v Waterford

Round 2: Sunday, February 4th: Leitrim v Laois, Limerick v Carlow, London v Wicklow, Waterford v Antrim

Round 3: Saturday, February 10th: Laois v Waterford; Sunday, February 11th: Antrim v Wicklow, Carlow v Leitrim, London v Limerick

Round 4: Sunday, February 25th: Leitrim v Limerick, Waterford v Carlow, Wicklow v Laois, London v Antrim

Round 5: Saturday, March 3rd: Carlow v Wicklow, London v Leitrim; Sunday, March 4th: Laois v Antrim, Limerick v Waterford

Round 6: Sunday, March 11th: London v Laois; Sunday, March 18th: Antrim v Carlow, Waterford v Leitrim, Wicklow v Limerick

Round 7: Sunday, March 25th: Carlow v Laois, Leitrim v Wicklow, Limerick v Antrim, London v Waterford
And the Laois bandwagon rolls into Ruislip ..

Uisce

Wow, only kind of dawns on you the standard in division 4 when you see the fixtures laid out like that!

Unlaoised

Nice to have Antrim at home...

London away is great trip I went with the hurlers a few years back was great banter.

Carlow is good one to have away because its so close.

Limerick is nice one to have at home as I think they will be our main threat.

wicklow away could be sticky.

Waterford at home should be 2 points in the bag

Leitrim at home would have been nicer but we can't have it all
LAOIS ABÚ

Give and Go

Quote from: Unlaoised on October 13, 2017, 04:47:36 PM
Nice to have Antrim at home...

London away is great trip I went with the hurlers a few years back was great banter.

Carlow is good one to have away because its so close.

Limerick is nice one to have at home as I think they will be our main threat.

wicklow away could be sticky.

Waterford at home should be 2 points in the bag

Leitrim at home would have been nicer but we can't have it all

So Laois and Limerick to go up?

Dave like the tv channel

how da fuk are we down this low? We wouldn't spit on these teams a few years ago, now we're doing battle with them.

Don Draper

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on October 13, 2017, 07:06:14 PM
how da fuk are we down this low? We wouldn't spit on these teams a few years ago, now we're doing battle with them.
Lawyer fucked us.