Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Request turned down, game goes ahead in Carrick on Shannon. Tickets will be available online only, not through clubs.

balladmaker

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Louther

As if both teams wanted the game in Croke park for ticket needs. Galway not take too many up the road for a dead duck.

Both mgts wanted to get a run out on Croke Park, both rejected bigger capacity grounds with that in mind.

Has it sold out yet?  ;D ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: larryin89 on June 08, 2023, 05:58:46 PM
Yet Dublin get it every time they request it .

Good point. What was the attendance at the recent Dublin hurling game there?
In this case both counties seem to have proposed Croke Park, so it seems that some counties get things others do not.

edit Dublin -Wexford hurlers in Croke park had an attendance of approximately 9000. I'd hazard a guess that this game in Croke park would beat that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Tickets on sale now on ticketmaster so get cracking lads and lassies
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

I hope the pubs in Carrick on Shannon didn't cancel those Buckfast orders
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Quote from: seafoid on June 08, 2023, 07:10:27 PM

Well they wouldn't want to be waiting on yer bucks to invade the town .

Manning18

Quote from: larryin89 on June 08, 2023, 07:20:35 PM

Hard to get the bucky hounds to move when they've the best social life in the country on their doorstep

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on June 08, 2023, 07:20:35 PM

Sure haven't we got Portumna and that has hurling as well as the river

larryin89

Still not sold out pairc Sean and them on sale a few hours now . I had a vision of tickets going for thousands on the black market such was the furore .

armaghniac

Why should people respond to an inconvenient venue by buying tickets 10 days before a game? People could have decided to go on the day if Galway and the GAA were not acting the bollix.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Redhand Santa

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2023, 03:49:32 AM
Why should people respond to an inconvenient venue by buying tickets 10 days before a game? People could have decided to go on the day if Galway and the GAA were not acting the bollix.

You'd think with all the talk about thousands of the best supporters in Ireland missing out due to the limited capacity that the game would have sold out in minutes. Now they're not buying tickets because a venue 2 hours away exactly half way between both counties is too inconvenient? It seems like Armagh wanted this match on their doorstep. I was at an u20 final in Leitrim last year and it was a lovely venue with plenty of parking.

seafoid

Neutral venues will have to be addressed after the end of the season. As the crow files is uncorrelated to the road network, especially around the border. For the moment (and in the absence of the A5), the northern teams would have to be the focus.

RedHand88

Inconvenient?! What?? It's 7 mile closer to Armagh city than Croke Park and only takes 30mins more. You're having a laugh.

Tickets still available by the way. Maybe the Armagh wans only interested if there's a rip in the capital?  :P