Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2023, 06:55:47 PM
I'm sure Louther and the Derry wan will be monitoring the attendance closely

;D :D From a quick look at twitter. There is 27,000 ticket requests already from Armagh. Should be moved to Wembley.  ;)

seafoid

1 hr 58 from Cross , passing very close to Magh Sleght, home of the pagan God Crom Cruach, known for human sacrifice. Armagh will probably  be sacrificed during the match. No sendings off would be a miracle.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: Louther on June 06, 2023, 10:12:35 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2023, 06:55:47 PM
I'm sure Louther and the Derry wan will be monitoring the attendance closely

;D :D From a quick look at twitter. There is 27,000 ticket requests already from Armagh. Should be moved to Wembley.  ;)

Jaysus, if you moved it Wembley the poor people in Clifden would be giving out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

PSmD has a capacity of 9k. What happens if projected numbers exceed that ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on June 06, 2023, 10:54:30 PM

The GAA loses €25 per head because Galway would not go to Cavan, so they should pay it.

Manning18

Quote from: seafoid on June 06, 2023, 10:54:30 PM

Then tough I suppose. Games sell out

I can't see how they will exceed that though. Unless Armagh can beat Galway by 7+, which is possible but unlikely, or Westmeath get a result v Tyrone, then Armagh are booked for third. If only 8k were at Tyrone v Armagh with loads on the line, then I can't see how more than that will show up to this one once that reality dawn's on people

It'll be a sparse crowd from Galway also. For once, there was actually a very decent Galway crowd in Mullingar, I thought it was 50/50 or so. But they won't make this trip in numbers when rightly or wrongly, the vast majority expect they'll top the group regardless. There's also a Leinster final to travel for this weekend for the dual folk

Maroon Manc

Could easily have played it in the Hyde to satisfy demand from Armagh huge support.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 07, 2023, 08:29:38 AM
Could easily have played it in the Hyde to satisfy demand from Armagh huge support.

I think that Breffni would have better met this objective.

Wildweasel74

screenexile

Can he get a longer suspension for appealing in the wrong?

An Fhairche Abu

How many were at Armagh Tyrone match last weekend? Armagh people going on about the attendance at the Q final last year and all those fans missing out, they haven't been seen in the group stages, if they had then the match would have been scheduled for CP, you can guarantee it.
Cavan as a venue would have been unfair on Galway, just as the Hyde would have been for Armagh. Would have got more people in Tullamore or Mullingar but it's been fixed for an alternative neutral venue, if some people miss out then so be it, this is supposed to be a match in a neutral venue, not one that's way handier for one team in it. I actually hope it was originally fixed for Breffni and the Galway Co Board told them to get fucked.

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 07, 2023, 10:26:40 AM
Armagh appealing that red card is ridiculous.
Did you hear his uncle on the GAA Social podcast? Kept on that the GALWAY LINESMAN (repeated about 5 times, blatantly inferring that the linesman was looking to get him out of the match to come, which is ridiculous) wasn't looking to protect O'Neill but somehow only managed to spot this infraction, as if he's been hard done by, he had his knee on the other player's head FFS.

Estimator

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 07, 2023, 10:58:34 AM
How many were at Armagh Tyrone match last weekend? Armagh people going on about the attendance at the Q final last year and all those fans missing out, they haven't been seen in the group stages, if they had then the match would have been scheduled for CP, you can guarantee it.
Cavan as a venue would have been unfair on Galway, just as the Hyde would have been for Armagh. Would have got more people in Tullamore or Mullingar but it's been fixed for an alternative neutral venue, if some people miss out then so be it, this is supposed to be a match in a neutral venue, not one that's way handier for one team in it. I actually hope it was originally fixed for Breffni and the Galway Co Board told them to get fucked.

Did you hear his uncle on the GAA Social podcast? Kept on that the GALWAY LINESMAN (repeated about 5 times, blatantly inferring that the linesman was looking to get him out of the match to come, which is ridiculous) wasn't looking to protect O'Neill but somehow only managed to spot this infraction, as if he's been hard done by, he had his knee on the other player's head FFS.

It must be a very wide pitch in Omagh as well. The Galway linesman was 60yrds away!!
Ulster League Champions 2009

mackers

Your fascination with all things Armagh should be the subject of a thesis.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Skeletor

Not sure on numbers but there were more Armagh fans at the game than Tyrone fans. Fact.

bennydorano

Quote from: Estimator on June 07, 2023, 11:02:17 AM

It must be a very wide pitch in Omagh as well. The Galway linesman was 60yrds away!!
Do you mean Oisin pinpointed the wrong linesman or are you pointing out the linesman's evidence from 60 yards couldn't be great?