man city new invincibles

Started by mayoaremagic, December 10, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 13, 2023, 01:33:04 AM
Sure they used to say normal Manchester people supported city, where every blow in and hanger on outside Manchester supported Utd. Typical example been all there support on here.
There will be definitely a generation of kids now who grow up supporting Man City, here in Ireland also.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

RedHand88

Quote from: maldini on June 12, 2023, 10:14:20 PM
There were 200,000 there tonight
Hardly no support now

Liverpool got 750,000 out for 1 trophy (Champions league) in 2019.
We'll never know what a 2020 League parade would have brought out but it would have been more.

Maroon Manc

Around 40,000 at it, not physically possible to fit 200,000 into the few streets in town they went down.

Saffrongael

Who cares how many people were at it ffs ? They won it, it's over
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

johnnycool

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 12, 2023, 10:36:36 PM
One does get the feeling that Manchester is now blue after tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised if lifelong Reds fans are now switching to City.

It's the kids that are key.

Most fans stick with the club the supported as a kid. Kids more often than not support the winning teams so it'll take a few years for City's success to filter into a bigger fanbase putting their hands into their pockets.
City allegedly leave Utd in the ha'penny place when it comes to community outreach in the city, don't underestimate the impact that has.

AustinPowers

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 13, 2023, 07:48:19 AM
https://twitter.com/grizzkhan/status/1668383711685926913?s=48&t=RYtl0Il2l5K_ejkHKyVHiA

These are treble celebrations. Treble. Celebrations.

They couldn't  cheer while they  had prawn sandwiches in their  mouths

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: johnnycool on June 13, 2023, 09:14:19 AM

Most fans stick with the club the supported as a kid. Kids more often than not support the winning teams so it'll take a few years for City's success to filter into a bigger fanbase  ets.

That's what I would have thought, but are there many Irish Chelsea supporters who were kids when they were a top team?

bennydorano

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 13, 2023, 12:50:38 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 13, 2023, 09:14:19 AM

Most fans stick with the club the supported as a kid. Kids more often than not support the winning teams so it'll take a few years for City's success to filter into a bigger fanbase  ets.

That's what I would have thought, but are there many Irish Chelsea supporters who were kids when they were a top team?
Funny Armagh City has its fair share of middle aged men who are Chelsea & Leeds fans from the previous mini glory eras in the 70s.  I can think of quite a few City fans of that age too.

There are certainly a lot of young City fans knocking about with no familial connections. One of my lads is City, other United - I support neither.

GiveItToTheShooters

Anyone young people from here calling themselves city fans are laughable. They're glory hunters therefore they can't be taken seriously. As plastic as the club itself.

AustinPowers

Only ever came  across one  City fan . And that was  back when  they were in  the old third division

Only known  2 forest fans , 1  Sunderland,  1 West Ham , 1 Newcastle and a few Everton .  Most others  Liverpool Man U,  Arsenal

Redhand Santa

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 13, 2023, 01:35:00 PM
Anyone young people from here calling themselves city fans are laughable. They're glory hunters therefore they can't be taken seriously. As plastic as the club itself.

You could say that about 99% of Irish premiership fans. It's hardly coincidence that nearly everyone supports one of the big clubs. It's not like they have any genuine ties to the clubs.

bennydorano

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 13, 2023, 03:23:25 PM

You could say that about 99% of Irish premiership fans. It's hardly coincidence that nearly everyone supports one of the big clubs. It's not like they have any genuine ties to the clubs.
Beat me to it. The lack of self awareness in the original post is astounding.

Baile Brigín 2

Read that back to yourself. Demeaning

clarshack

Growing up most people supported either Liverpool or Man Utd probably for the same reasons a young person would support City now.