Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Folks, do you think there'll be tickets available in clones on Sunday?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: An Watcher on July 14, 2017, 09:20:05 PM
Folks, do you think there'll be tickets available in clones on Sunday?

Ulster council said there'll be none for sale on the day. Though I'm sure there'll be odd spare one floating about. There is still terrace tickets available in SuperValu etc up to tomorrow. The shops are listed on the Ulster gaa website I think.

sam03/05

Nice to see Michael Cassidy on the bench - class footballer and was a star on the u21 All Ireland team.
Don't be surprised to see him at some stage this summer.
Not easy getting into that 26 man squad.

ONeill

Yea, was waiting to see what Cassidy has at senior level. How's he playing for the club?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Right, we're only better than the Down lads from numbers 1-15, thereafter we really struggle! :P

Let her rip Tír Eoghain, and with a wee bit of luck... ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

It could be a great match. Ulster this year has had a few surprises.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Looking forward to the game and in particular to how Tyrone approach it. I am a huge admirer of Mickey Harte as a man and manager, but I do feel that the style adopted for the rebuild of this new team has been too defensive. I accept we are going to get men back, but we haven't always committed enough to attack. The Donegal performance was excellent and looked like we had a far better balance. But was that in part because Donegal were very poor? Hope to see the team attack in a similar style tomorrow. Good luck to the lads.

seafoid

I hope McCarron is doing OK after all that happened. He went through hell. Mickey Harte's support and belief in him were  admirable. It would be film material if they won the all Ireland.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trileacman

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2017, 12:10:33 PM
I hope McCarron is doing OK after all that happened. He went through hell. Mickey Harte's support and belief in him were  admirable. It would be film material if they won the all Ireland.

Cathal McCarron has a film out already. I'd say you'd love it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

SHEEDY

Quote from: trileacman on July 15, 2017, 04:51:04 PM
Is Peter Turley injured?
i'd be very surprised if turley doesn't start, probably in place of joe murphy.
nil satis nisi optimum

southtyronegael

Quote from: trileacman on July 15, 2017, 04:48:02 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2017, 12:10:33 PM

Cathal McCarron has a film out already. I'd say you'd love it.
lol@fergus

grounded

I think most people are judging how good Tyrone are based on their performance vs Donegal and Derry . I dont rate Derry so the question is how good are Donegal?  Their qualifier performances have not set the world alight. Armagh and Monaghan have made their way through the qualifiers with some decent performances. So on balance Down have probably had the tougher 2 games in Ulster which should hopefully stand to them. On paper Tyrone should be miles ahead but it will be closer than that.  If Down can hang in, some of the older Tyrone legs might find the going tougher than expected.

nrico2006

Quote from: grounded on July 15, 2017, 10:15:30 PM
I think most people are judging how good Tyrone are based on their performance vs Donegal and Derry . I dont rate Derry so the question is how good are Donegal?  Their qualifier performances have not set the world alight. Armagh and Monaghan have made their way through the qualifiers with some decent performances. So on balance Down have probably had the tougher 2 games in Ulster which should hopefully stand to them. On paper Tyrone should be miles ahead but it will be closer than that.  If Down can hang in, some of the older Tyrone legs might find the going tougher than expected.
Monaghan have looked poor. Armagh haven't been great either. Tyrone are a young side, no worries with regard to 'older legs'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Orior

Good luck to all the match day stewards today. I hope you have been practising getting into your "end of match" positions.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians