Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Yeah delighted to see RC finally get a start and it will be interesting to see does he hit the frees now as well?
I'd say that's our strongest 15 at the minute but I'd be worried at the lack of firepower from the bench. I wonder are they going to try to get a big lead in the first half and then sit back and manage the game second half with one eye on next week?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 16, 2023, 12:31:50 PM
Yeah delighted to see RC finally get a start and it will be interesting to see does he hit the frees now as well?
I'd say that's our strongest 15 at the minute but I'd be worried at the lack of firepower from the bench. I wonder are they going to try to get a big lead in the first half and then sit back and manage the game second half with one eye on next week?

Westmeath have performed very well in their first two games particularly in the first half. If Tyrone take their eye of the ball at all they could be in for a very tough match.

You'd like to get some kind of lead in the first half and pull away in the second but there is no guarantee. If did get ahead they will be keeping a close eye on Armagh match as scoring difference could come into play for top spot if Armagh won.

statto

Quote from: God14 on June 16, 2023, 12:18:57 PM
Quote from: square_ball on June 16, 2023, 11:04:31 AM
A start for Ruairi Canavan at number 12 on Sunday. Good to see it.

Great to see. I know the numbers on jerseys mean nothing these days, but where do you think he will play? When you compare this line out to the one that took on Monaghan in the championship a few weeks ago, there does feel to be more of a scoring threat now.  Aidan Clarke makes the bench, in for Shields. Good to see
Oguz, meyler and R Canavan added to the forward line in place of P Harte, O'Neill and burns from Monaghan game.  Is that really much of an improved scoring threat?  Oguz and Meyler aren't noted as scoring forwards and Canavan is untested at this level. 

clarshack

Quote from: statto on June 16, 2023, 02:01:23 PM
Quote from: God14 on June 16, 2023, 12:18:57 PM
Quote from: square_ball on June 16, 2023, 11:04:31 AM
A start for Ruairi Canavan at number 12 on Sunday. Good to see it.

Great to see. I know the numbers on jerseys mean nothing these days, but where do you think he will play? When you compare this line out to the one that took on Monaghan in the championship a few weeks ago, there does feel to be more of a scoring threat now.  Aidan Clarke makes the bench, in for Shields. Good to see
Oguz, meyler and R Canavan added to the forward line in place of P Harte, O'Neill and burns from Monaghan game.  Is that really much of an improved scoring threat?  Oguz and Meyler aren't noted as scoring forwards and Canavan is untested at this level.

They can't be any worse that's for sure.

GaaGPT

Unpopular opinion or does anyone else think you could pick a better 15 outside the county panel that would beat this team

sam03/05

Apart from maybe Bradley and Donaghy
I can't think off too many others - that would get in ahead
Certainly not 15 of them

NotedObserver

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 16, 2023, 03:52:28 PM
Apart from maybe Bradley and Donaghy
I can't think off too many others - that would get in ahead
Certainly not 15 of them

Tiernan McCann and Rory Brennan would be useful. But could be squad options and don't blame them it it's not what they after

God14

Quote from: GaaGPT on June 16, 2023, 03:42:14 PM
Unpopular opinion or does anyone else think you could pick a better 15 outside the county panel that would beat this team

No i dont think thats the case. Eleven of this starting 15 also started the all ireland final in 2021. The four newcomers are 4 Errigal men, who quite literally lit up the Senior club championship last year. This is a very strong side.

square_ball

Quote from: GaaGPT on June 16, 2023, 03:42:14 PM

Go for it. . .

GaaGPT

Maybe abit of exaggeration there lol. Notable that alot of these players have been on panel before. But this is prob the best 15 outside of the panel (put this together pretty quickly so may be obv picks i missed out on). Alot of these players a definitely better than current our squad players

1 - Mickey O'Neil
2 - Rory Brennan
3 - Cormac Munroe
4 - Lorcan Kilpatrick
5 - Johnny Munroe
6 - Michael Cassidy
7 - Tiernan Mc Cann
8 - Padraigh McNulty
9 - Tony Devine
10 - Donaghey
11 - Skeet
12 - Emmet McNabb
13 - Brennan
14 - Dumbo
15 - Sparky

NotedObserver

Quote from: GaaGPT on June 16, 2023, 04:08:20 PM
Maybe abit of exaggeration there lol. Notable that alot of these players have been on panel before. But this is prob the best 15 outside of the panel (put this together pretty quickly so may be obv picks i missed out on). Alot of these players a definitely better than current our squad players

1 - Mickey O'Neil
2 - Rory Brennan
3 - Cormac Munroe
4 - Lorcan Kilpatrick
5 - Johnny Munroe
6 - Michael Cassidy
7 - Tiernan Mc Cann
8 - Padraigh McNulty
9 - Tony Devine
10 - Donaghey
11 - Skeet
12 - Emmet McNabb
13 - Brennan
14 - Dumbo
15 - Sparky

To me I see lots of squad players there. Peter Teague has as well but maybe some involvement in county

Redhand Santa

Anyone that thinks that 15 gets near to beating the starting 15 has serious issues or extreme lack of knockledge.

rrhf

Agree Santa. I admit half back and forward lines need work, I wouldn't swap our full back, full forward or midfield lines with anyone. I have a good feeling this year that we are getting ready to fire...

square_ball

No McCurry today. Aidan Clarke in for him.

tyroneman