Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

I'm worried about westmeath myself.  It's do or die for them at this stage.  Has a time and venue been announced for this yet?

CK_Redhand

Ruari is not the answer (yet) but the experience he's gaining now is crucial.
The improvement in Daragh at IC level has been great.
At times it seems like nobody wants to make the attacking burst through and pass it off instead. Fair play to McKernan (and a couple of others) for constantly stepping up in this regard but more is needed from rest of team.

rrhf

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 05, 2023, 11:54:15 AM
We look to be going through the motions, doing the bare minimum to get the win.
At half time I said I bet you we will sit back now and try to keep them at arms length. Pick off the odd score but not really go for it. Game management.
Some good performances around the field I thought from McKernan, Hampsey, Mattie, Meyler and D&D up top.
Was a bit worried how often our defenders let Armagh runners in for goals.
Great run and one two for Peteys goal chance but disappointed we don't create more chances like these or use the odd high ball into Kilpatrick more. Thought he took his point well from the mark.
Westmeath could really put it up to us.
It could well come down to hunger and experience.Westmeath possibly have the hunger, whereas they showed their inexperience against Armagh, otherwise they would have knocked out the orange men

An Watcher

There has been no mention of Ronan McNamee but it looks like the full back line has tightened up alot since he returned.  Also, the form of Hampsey and McKernan has improved. 

rrhf

Band of brothers full back line...

square_ball

I wouldn't swap that our 1-2-3-4 for any other in the country.

rrhf

Quote from: square_ball on June 09, 2023, 05:22:09 PM
I wouldn't swap that our 1-2-3-4 for any other in the country.
Absolutely. Class acts every one of them.

Mikhailov

Hearing there is another squad departure and injury casualty in the Tyrone set up

clarshack

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 12, 2023, 02:58:34 PM
Hearing there is another squad departure and injury casualty in the Tyrone set up

who?

Redhand Santa

Who's this meant to be? The squad is thin enough without losing players. Given there is only 2 starred games left you'd imagine anyone leaving now after 6/7 months training is for America (I assume the deadline hasn't passed).

GaaGPT

Jimbop

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 12, 2023, 02:58:34 PM
Why so secretive...it's an anonymous forum ffs!

Snapchap

Just thought you all need to know that I heard a rumour from the Tyrone panel. I'm not naming any names but I think what's important here is that you all know that I heard it and you didn't.

square_ball

Quote from: Snapchap on June 13, 2023, 06:55:57 AM
Just thought you all need to know that I heard a rumour from the Tyrone panel. I'm not naming any names but I think what's important here is that you all know that I heard it and you didn't.

And then when I do hear the rumour tell you that I heard that one months ago. Its the way the GAA rumour mill works.

Mikhailov

Conor Shields has reportedly left the panel which is a strange one. I believe he was on the bench for the last 2 games so a bit of a surprise departure. Am I correct in saying that if you are part of a match day 26, that rules you out of transferring to the US? Is that correct?

The injury is Conor Cush. Has been out for 8/10 weeks with a stress fracture in his foot and hurt it again in U20 final last week in his first game back  - now possibly requires surgery and likely out for the season

I know they are not key men but the panel numbers must be low 30's at best currently. Surely one or two need called up to insure we can have competitive in house games.