Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shezam

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 18, 2018, 12:26:59 PM
I wonder what Harte thinks of Sean now?
I know Sean's dad never liked Mickey since he told him he shouldn't go to Aus.

Noel can be some craic but has to keep a tight rein on what he's allowed to ask I believe.

He's just announced an autobiography on twitter!!

longballin

Quote from: shezam on May 18, 2018, 12:29:24 PM

Noel can be some craic but has to keep a tight rein on what he's allowed to ask I believe.

Payback time for Harte in his book blaming Sean for getting sick before they lost to Cork!

Fuzzman

Did the truth ever come out about that before the Cork game
Was he really sick or did he say something to Mickey?

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 18, 2018, 12:43:08 PM
Did the truth ever come out about that before the Cork game
Was he really sick or did he say something to Mickey?

Was that not the game where he went over on his ankle in the warm-up room after stepping on a water bottle?

southtyronegael

Think that was Stevie o Neill Leo?

BennyHarp

I was going to say earlier that his comments are like those of a man trying to sell a book.
That was never a square ball!!

GetOverTheBar

Seriously lost a lot of respect for Cavanagh over the past few years. This tops the lot though. I'm no lover of Harte but he's literally trying to raise his profile off the back of the man (who if you like him or not, now) made him the player he was.

omagh_gael

Sean's an all time Tyrone great but there is definitely a whiff of narcissism off him. He even referred to himself in the 3rd person in his Newstalk interview!

In hiding

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 18, 2018, 01:18:00 PM

Seriously lost a lot of respect for Cavanagh over the past few years. This tops the lot though. I'm no lover of Harte but he's literally trying to raise his profile off the back of the man (who if you like him or not, now) made him the player he was.
Do you really believe that Mickey Harte made Sean Cavanagh the player he was !!

southtyronegael

Eugene and art were the ones to spot seans talents and gave him his chance in 02. Sean Cavanagh made Harte!

trailer

Cavanagh was a serious talent before Harte came along.

Club boi

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 18, 2018, 01:40:10 PM
Eugene and art were the ones to spot seans talents and gave him his chance in 02. Sean Cavanagh made Harte!

For the 1st time in a long time southtyronegael - I agree with you

GetOverTheBar

Perhaps the wrong choice of words - sure a good player, Harte made him a winner though. That's probably the best point.

longballin

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 18, 2018, 02:01:46 PM
Perhaps the wrong choice of words - sure a good player, Harte made him a winner though. That's probably the best point.

Sean was a winner before he met Harte  2001 All Ireland minor champions. Was a lot of good players (Canavan, O'Neill, Mulligan, Dooher etc...)  made Harte a winner as much as he made them winners; hence failure to beat top team in the championship in 10 years.

tiempo

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 18, 2018, 01:40:10 PM

2002... the year Sean scored the equalising last minute goal in Ulster Championship v Armagh for the Seniors but couldnt make Mickey's U21 squad. Also the year Mickey won the All-Ireland U21. Unwillingness to introduce Sean to the squad another sign of his stubbornness. Though the whole Glencull thing tops the lot. Principled man in his own words. Happy enough to set his principles aside to get McCarron back in the fold but gave scores of players the silent treatment during his tenure treating them like meat suits and training ground fodder.