Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In hiding

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 04, 2017, 02:32:24 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 04, 2017, 12:13:52 PM
Lee and Ruari Brennan and Richie Donnelly earned their call outs because they were outstanding for trillick. Have they improved because they went to tyrone training? You could argue they have went backwards especially the Brennan lads.
Take omagh who won the county title. Meyer was very good as he was with st marys but doesnt get a look in. I just can't see Ronan oneill ever being in the condition to start for tyrone and he hasn't made any progress in all his years in the panel. Conor Clarke was ruined by county football. Tierney earned a county call up last time omagh won the championship. Got a few runs and was embarrassed in kerry when left all day on James odonoghue and has not been the same player since. Poor justy stayed one last year and never got a minute and ended up couldn't even make the omagh team through lack of football.
Ronan McHugh Harry Loughran and cahir mccullagh were all in excellent form for the club before they went to county training and I am sure the first 2 especially will stay on as they might get a chance. They have the raw talent so it is up to the county mgmt to bring them on.
In reality though you could say that if fit mcaliskey will take the place of big Sean and the rest will stay more or less the same come the big games next year.
After all a lot of people think tyrone Tyrone were not too far away this year.
And to the reds on here I am just aa much bigger advocate of the club than the county. And that is all clubs. When you look at the most successful club teams like cross slaughtneil and kilcoo they all put club before county. Even in tyrone some of our most successful clubs like clonoe and carrickmore do likewise.
It wasn't always like this for me. When I played in the 80s and 90s our county men trained with us most of the time, even played in challenge games and tournament matches.
Somewhere along the way this has changed and to me that is at the detriment of the game.
And it is only going to get worse next year with the new fixtures schedule and u20s played in the summer.
And redzone if you ever managed a team that had county players at all age levels but not the biggest squad you would be frustrated to.

Conor Clarke was ruined by an injury he sustained during club action and rushing himself back too soon from surgery to play for his club in the Ulster Club.

You are a fool. Actually I'm doing fools an injustice. You are much worse than that. Enda Mc Ginlay was back playing football from a cruciate injury quicker than Conor Clarke was.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: In hiding on November 04, 2017, 07:08:52 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 04, 2017, 02:32:24 PM
Lee and Ruari Brennan and Richie Donnelly earned their call outs because they were outstanding for trillick. Have they improved because they went to tyrone training? You could argue they have went backwards especially the Brennan lads.
Take omagh who won the county title. Meyer was very good as he was with st marys but doesnt get a look in. I just can't see Ronan oneill ever being in the condition to start for tyrone and he hasn't made any progress in all his years in the panel. Conor Clarke was ruined by county football. Tierney earned a county call up last time omagh won the championship. Got a few runs and was embarrassed in kerry when left all day on James odonoghue and has not been the same player since. Poor justy stayed one last year and never got a minute and ended up couldn't even make the omagh team through lack of football.
Ronan McHugh Harry Loughran and cahir mccullagh were all in excellent form for the club before they went to county training and I am sure the first 2 especially will stay on as they might get a chance. They have the raw talent so it is up to the county mgmt to bring them on.
In reality though you could say that if fit mcaliskey will take the place of big Sean and the rest will stay more or less the same come the big games next year.
And to the reds on here I am just aa much bigger advocate of the club than the county. And that is all clubs. When you look at the most successful club teams like cross slaughtneil and kilcoo they all put club before county. Even in tyrone some of our most successful clubs like clonoe and carrickmore do likewise.
It wasn't always like this for me. When I played in the 80s and 90s our county men trained with us most of the time, even played in challenge games and tournament matches.
Somewhere along the way this has changed and to me that is at the detriment of the game.
And it is only going to get worse next year with the new fixtures schedule and u20s played in the summer.
And redzone if you ever managed a team that had county players at all age levels but not the biggest squad you would be frustrated to.

Conor Clarke was ruined by an injury he sustained during club action and rushing himself back too soon from surgery to play for his club in the Ulster Club.

You are a fool. Actually I'm doing fools an injustice. You are much worse than that. Enda Mc Ginlay was back playing football from a cruciate injury quicker than Conor Clarke was.

Conor Clarke sustained a cruciate injury playing for his club and was back in club action 5 months later.

He hasn't looked anywhere near the same player since that injury. I think it's utterly bizarre to blame county football for an injury Clarke sustained with his club and came back from too quickly to play for his club.

Redhand Santa

No point talking facts like that on here bomber when it doesn't suit the agenda. Every player who gets injured or doesn't make it is down to Mickey harte. Any player who happens to make it is as a result of luck.

I'm a huge fan of club football but think the county game has a place too and gets a hard time on here. I assume it won't be too long now before a squad is out in place for the McKenna cup.

In hiding

Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 05, 2017, 09:36:52 AM
No point talking facts like that on here bomber when it doesn't suit the agenda. Every player who gets injured or doesn't make it is down to Mickey harte. Any player who happens to make it is as a result of luck.

I'm a huge fan of club football but think the county game has a place too and gets a hard time on here. I assume it won't be too long now before a squad is out in place for the McKenna cup.

You lads give out about people with agendas.
Unbelievable

Club boi

Take omagh who won the county title. Meyer was very good as he was with st marys but doesnt get a look in. I just can't see Ronan oneill ever being in the condition to start for tyrone and he hasn't made any progress in all his years in the panel
. Conor Clarke was ruined by county football. Tierney earned a county call up last time omagh won the championship. Got a few runs and was embarrassed in kerry when left all day on James odonoghue and has not been the same player since. Poor justy stayed one last year and never got a minute and ended up couldn't even make the omagh team through lack of football.

Despite the yaps, I agree 100% with what's highlighted above

redzone

Of course there will be boys that will regress a bit.You have to be at a high level before u get on the squad, then u realise that everyone else is fighting for a starting place too. You either make or u don't. Nobody makes u stay on the panel. These fellas want to do it. You get your chance in the in house games. For a lot of players there is only one way after the call up and that is backwards when the realise they aren't has good as they thought they were and there dream is over. It's hardly hartes problem that they aren't as good as was thought.

Redhand Santa

There are examples of bright prospects up and down the country not making it. Whether that be club or county football. You lads just have a very black and white view of the problem. You ignore the likes of hampsey and Sludden pushing on to be key players but will pick out the players who haven't made it and blame that on the county set up. You argue that county football has ruined all the squad players as club players but will happily ignore all the examples I gave of squad players starring for their clubs in recent years.

It's a bit early to say Lee Brennan has gone backwards. Back in 2015 he wasn't making the u21 team at the start of the year. This year he was the top scorer in division one despite missing 5 games. I don't think he was ready for county football yet and the next few years will determine whether he makes it.

Someone who is 26 plus and has been with the county squad a few years without making it should definitely consider walking away. But the younger lads should be given the time to develop without being subject to this constant talk of them being ruined for trying to play at the top of the game for a team they've no doubt grown up suppprting.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on November 05, 2017, 01:23:09 PM
Take omagh who won the county title. Meyer was very good as he was with st marys but doesnt get a look in. I just can't see Ronan oneill ever being in the condition to start for tyrone and he hasn't made any progress in all his years in the panel
. Conor Clarke was ruined by county football. Tierney earned a county call up last time omagh won the championship. Got a few runs and was embarrassed in kerry when left all day on James odonoghue and has not been the same player since. Poor justy stayed one last year and never got a minute and ended up couldn't even make the omagh team through lack of football.

Just to clear a few things up above which is a perfect of example of the inaccuracies thrown out. Barry Tierney got called up to the Tyrone panel prior to omagh winning the championship. He got the roasting by o'donoghue in 2014. He wasn't disregarded after that and went on to start in that year's championship and indeed in the 2015 championship for Tyrone. He was a member of the Tyrone panel at the time of starring in the Tyrone championship win for omagh and run to the Ulster final. He pulled out of the Tyrone panel last year due to working away and if anything his form has dipped since then,

Justy McMahon was injured for a lot of the year and never got a run going to get in a position to make the team. He has also been struggling for injuries with omagh. Unfortunately this has been an issue with just throughout his career and I don't think the county management are to blame, happens plenty of players. 

In hiding

Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 05, 2017, 03:21:28 PM
Quote from: Club boi on November 05, 2017, 01:23:09 PM

Just to clear a few things up above which is a perfect of example of the inaccuracies thrown out. Barry Tierney got called up to the Tyrone panel prior to omagh winning the championship. He got the roasting by o'donoghue in 2014. He wasn't disregarded after that and went on to start in that year's championship and indeed in the 2015 championship for Tyrone. He was a member of the Tyrone panel at the time of starring in the Tyrone championship win for omagh and run to the Ulster final. He pulled out of the Tyrone panel last year due to working away and if anything his form has dipped since then,

Justy McMahon was injured for a lot of the year and never got a run going to get in a position to make the team. He has also been struggling for injuries with omagh. Unfortunately this has been an issue with just throughout his career and I don't think the county management are to blame, happens plenty of players.
People on here need to realise something very important.

The county management are not to blame for anything. All players are expendable and if leave the county panel a worse player than when you joined it is your fault because you didn't try hard enough. Can't blame county management, sure you leave any time you want

redzone

It's not that thet didn't try hard enough u muppet. They have waited their lives for the chance. It's because they aren't good enough. Wake up

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on November 05, 2017, 05:46:50 PM
It's not that thet didn't try hard enough u muppet. They have waited their lives for the chance. It's because they aren't good enough. Wake up

Can you read? Are you stupid or just missing the point on purpose. You are saying some lads leave the county panel worse footballers than when they joined because they are not good enough. Some men here are in such a hurry to defend everything  county related that they don't even read the posts first.
Good job it's only eejits like ourselves who actually bother with this carry on. What amazes me most is why your crap annoys me enough to argue

redzone

any man that makes the Tyrone squad as done so on merit. He has busted his gut to get that far. If he makes it he's good enough,if he doesn't make it then hard luck. Now f**k off u muppet

Club boi

Quote from: redzone on November 05, 2017, 07:11:43 PM
any man that makes the Tyrone squad as done so on merit. He has busted his gut to get that far. If he makes it he's good enough,if he doesn't make it then hard luck. Now f**k off u muppet

Some "squad players" have made it to the Panel only to see MH stick with less talented players, namely AMcC

Hard to stick around then

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on November 05, 2017, 07:11:43 PM

For the last time. The discussion was about why fringe players on the county panel return to their clubs lesser players on leaving the panel than when they joined.
Your last post is typical of stupid people.

Thebigdog

Hold on a minute guys let's just get down to what the real issue is here. Two of the most "capped" players in the Tyrone squad are Peter Harte and Aidan Mccrory. Are these two players some of the best players in Tyrone for the past ten years? People need to really waken up on this. Postcode lottery if truth be told.