Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

rodney trotter

Think the family are originally from Dub, he works in Croke Park. Would be good for him to get regular football, instead of being behind Gilsenan at his own club.

anglocelt39

don't think Conor has played a whole pile for the club in the recent past, nor had Alan strange one that. Gilsenan had played a few games for the club before his recent injury. Billy O Mara, not sure where he went to.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

Heard that Keating is being played at Centre Back for Sylvesters?..

whats my name

keating played centre back in tommy carrs days if im not mistaken i think he played there the year antrim beat us in the semi final so he would have some experience there

rodney trotter

He was never suited to Centre back during that spell. Had great distribution but was all at sea when it came to defending. Played Centre back against Fermanagh & Antrim but was half forward for the Qualifier game against Wicklow. He was playing in the forwards when he started off at Sylvesters must have been only recently that he went to centre back.

Dougal

Can anyone give me a good reason not to back ramor to beat mullahoran this weekend @1/1. seems like a big price to me.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on August 15, 2013, 05:40:28 PM
Can anyone give me a good reason not to back ramor to beat mullahoran this weekend @1/1. seems like a big price to me.

They are playing the reigning League and Championship holders :-)
Where did ya get those odds?

cavan4sam

Lads, follow this link and vote for your ulster all stars team. Don't forget to vote for your player of the year too.

http://www.irishnews.com/allstars/index.html

Itchy

Anyone at any of the games yesterday? Seems to have been a couple of tight ones with Gowna shocking Kingscourt by a point and Crosserlough beating Lavey. What's the standard of football like in these games?

comeysfield

Was at 3 games over the weekend standard not great but maybe early days yet

rodney trotter

Quality hasn't been great. Ramor have looked the best team so far in the Senior Championship. Meet Gowna in the next ground. Ger Pierson had a few touches in the win against Kingscourt.. been fecked with injuries for the past 2 years.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 20, 2013, 12:51:15 PM
Quality hasn't been great. Ramor have looked the best team so far in the Senior Championship. Meet Gowna in the next ground. Ger Pierson had a few touches in the win against Kingscourt.. been fecked with injuries for the past 2 years.

Its been a lot longer than that unfortunately for him and Cavan.

rodney trotter

He doesn't have the interest as such for Co Football. Did the cruciate in 2011 and it flared up again last year. Class player when he was on song for Cavan.

tommysmith

He was playing some football before he did his cruciate the first time.