Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leftmidfield

Quote from: thebar on May 11, 2018, 10:06:40 PM
Quote from: ardtole on May 11, 2018, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: downjim on May 03, 2018, 11:34:54 PM
Bad night at the office but looking forward to finishing the Bridge next week

Bridge won by 2

Bridge deserving winners...Burren very average outfit now but have been for some time.
CPN beat An Riocht by 20 points. Brendan mcveigh in goal and he did well

Aristo 60

Quote from: Leftmidfield on May 11, 2018, 10:36:54 PM
Quote from: thebar on May 11, 2018, 10:06:40 PM
Quote from: ardtole on May 11, 2018, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: downjim on May 03, 2018, 11:34:54 PM
Bad night at the office but looking forward to finishing the Bridge next week

Bridge won by 2

Bridge deserving winners...Burren very average outfit now but have been for some time.
CPN beat An Riocht by 20 points. Brendan mcveigh in goal and he did well

:o which team was he in goal for??

downjim

The Bridge looked hungrier last night and that's their first win over us in years. They really went for it and young Quinn is a great talent. Both teams were missing players so hard to gauge. We need a reaction quickly as getting beaten by both CPN/point/st Peters/insert new name here and them in a week is a bitter pill.

Harps fighting again Wobbler? Are you happy with the way your seniors behave? Is it good for the youth in the club to see fighting every week?

thewobbler

Quote from: downjim on May 12, 2018, 01:13:41 PM
The Bridge looked hungrier last night and that's their first win over us in years. They really went for it and young Quinn is a great talent. Both teams were missing players so hard to gauge. We need a reaction quickly as getting beaten by both CPN/point/st Peters/insert new name here and them in a week is a bitter pill.

Harps fighting again Wobbler? Are you happy with the way your seniors behave? Is it good for the youth in the club to see fighting every week?

We are an aggressive team, no doubt. But what's that saying about when you get a reputation for something?

Two of our red cards last night were for returning fire. I've no great complaint there. Yet, strangely the referee contrived to ignore RGU's pre-emptive assaults on each occasion, both of which saw two of theirs lay into one of ours.

I'll put it like this. The match was being recorded by RGU, but I suspect that if it was requested by CCC, it might just have somehow gone missing.

downjim

But this siege mentality is crazy as no one cares about you TBH Poacher is creating a legacy that clubs will detest you for years. I wouldn't want my club to be going on like that and I'm sure underage parents can't be happy with it.

Boasting on social media about winning a game with 12 men, a good achievement for the players but getting 3 sent off in one game is embarrassing. And arguing in the crowd as well. Is their no codes of conduct in your club?

thewobbler

Quote from: downjim on May 12, 2018, 02:54:39 PM
But this siege mentality is crazy as no one cares about you TBH Poacher is creating a legacy that clubs will detest you for years. I wouldn't want my club to be going on like that and I'm sure underage parents can't be happy with it.

Boasting on social media about winning a game with 12 men, a good achievement for the players but getting 3 sent off in one game is embarrassing. And arguing in the crowd as well. Is their no codes of conduct in your club?

Roughly the same codes of conduct as your own club, and I'd be certain that if you could find a way to trawl CCC records for sendings off, melees and crowd incidents in the past 5 years, our club would be pretty much on a par with your club too.

But you just keep on fishing lad. You'll find what you're looking for with someone else.

Targetman

Down u17's well beat by Tyrone this evening 2-11 to 0-9, the scoreline says it all, Down had plenty of possession but no real cutting edge up front plus Tyrone had a greater physical presence that can be vital at this age group

Smurfy123

Another poor performance
Armagh got hammered by Derry who we only beat after extra time. Going by that I hope we avails Derry next

thewobbler

The off the ball movement from u17s was poor, especially once past halfway. Ball carriers often ended up running into trouble as they had few outlets, and too many players wanted to take a safe pass behind, instead of coming off the shoulder.

That's said, the sending off was crucial. Down had little option but to push bodies forward, hence gaps in defence.

Tyrone are big and athletic but apart from 12 and 14, plus McGleenan's monster offspring, wouldn't appear to be "pure" footballers.

Smurfy123

Wobbler between both sides the natural talent was very very limited don't you think?
Why do you think this is the case with so many young lads? Both teams were bursting out of the jerseys may I add. To much time spent in the gym do you think?

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 13, 2018, 09:01:28 AM
Wobbler between both sides the natural talent was very very limited don't you think?
Why do you think this is the case with so many young lads? Both teams were bursting out of the jerseys may I add. To much time spent in the gym do you think?

It's hard to know Smurfy.

In fairness Down wouldn't have been able to compete with that Tyrone side (which they did for 50+ minutes) unless they had a strong concentration on athleticism.

But as a unit they were severely lacking in terms of attacking interchanges, which frankly makes them very dull to watch. In these cases it usually comes across as poor decision making from ball carriers, but from where I was sitting, I rarely saw obvious options for offloading and swift interchanges.

downjim

Why are their no games this weekend

SHEEDY

Quote from: downjim on May 15, 2018, 08:20:17 PM
apparently they are now only allowed to star a certain amount of league fixtures a year, 3 I think?? So instead of using up one of the allowed starred rounds they instead had no fixtures for this week. Next weeks round of fixtures are starred games. Thats what I was told anyway  :-\
nil satis nisi optimum

Lecale Gael

Quote from: downjim on May 15, 2018, 08:20:17 PM

cos of the royal wedding innit
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

downjim