Previous topic - Next topic

hoynevalley

Quote from: lenny on February 15, 2022, 05:27:07 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on February 15, 2022, 04:27:21 PM
Quote from: LCohen on February 15, 2022, 03:10:49 PM
Quote from: FermGael on February 15, 2022, 12:05:59 PM
I assume  Tyrone will be appealing
Apparently they are.

Would be good to know the grounds of the appeal.
Surely the grounds for appeal have to be:
The events didn't happen.
The events don't meet the definition of the offence, or
(The one that gets Fergal Logan all excited) There was a procedural error in the disciplinary process up to this point.

The latter one gets on my nerves. Can't see much hope for at least 2 of the appellants on either of the first 2 grounds based on the little evidence I have seen.

Why what is a Melee and how do you contribute to it as opposed to start it. I think the rule is needlessly vague

Did they get sent off for contributing to the melee or for the headlocks. I read Cahair O'Kane saying they all got sent off for headlocks which would be endangering an opponent. If so that's good and they deserve their suspensions.

Will Mr Gough be watching a certain mayo defender who is fond of the headlocks?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2022, 10:52:03 PM
How many men are in a melee?

No real man would join a melee, except perhaps to save someone from Tyrone violence.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Applesisapples

No one in Armagh is looking beyond staying in Div 1 and having a good run at Ulster. So troll on Tyrone.

tyrone08

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 17, 2022, 08:34:28 AM
No one in Armagh is looking beyond staying in Div 1 and having a good run at Ulster. So troll on Tyrone.

So after 8 years, a brilliant start to the league including beating Dublin and current AI champions your hope this year are for staying in division 1 And run out at ulster. Wow setting the world alight.

In all seriousness armagh fans should be excited. Hopefully this is the start of ulster teams progressing further in the AI. Be good to get back to the battles of the 00's.

RedHand88

24th July is the important date for booking hotels if anyone from Armagh is interested  ;D

Solo_run

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 17, 2022, 09:33:37 AM

So after 8 years, a brilliant start to the league including beating Dublin and current AI champions your hope this year are for staying in division 1 And run out at ulster. Wow setting the world alight.

In all seriousness armagh fans should be excited. Hopefully this is the start of ulster teams progressing further in the AI. Be good to get back to the battles of the 00's.

We are aware of this believe it or not. We are rightly proud of some of the performances the players/management have put in but it is early in the year. A very large majority of Armagh fans are not thinking past Donegal. Of course there is a chance against them and reaching the Ulster final but that is a long way off. Donegal have been one of the top teams in Ulster for the last few years and they have proven themselves, Armagh have not.

The only people trying to big Armagh up on forums are Tyrone posters because there is nothing you would love to see more than Armagh collapsing when it comes to the championship.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Solo_run on February 17, 2022, 01:32:30 PM

We are aware of this believe it or not. We are rightly proud of some of the performances the players/management have put in but it is early in the year. A very large majority of Armagh fans are not thinking past Donegal. Of course there is a chance against them and reaching the Ulster final but that is a long way off. Donegal have been one of the top teams in Ulster for the last few years and they have proven themselves, Armagh have not.

The only people trying to big Armagh up on forums are Tyrone posters because there is nothing you would love to see more than Armagh collapsing when it comes to the championship.

Absolutely!  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

Applesisapples

Quote from: Solo_run on February 17, 2022, 01:32:30 PM

It has taken those 8 years and a tremendous effort from Geezer to get to where they are, there is more to come I believe but not necessarily this year though we live in hope.

Solo_run

I reserve judgement on McGeeney for now I refuse to be mislead by the teams progression in the league. Yes it is encouraging to see and for now satisfies Armagh fans but as far as I am concerned our league performances will count for nothing if they do not translate into the championship. I would like to think the gap between Armagh and Donegal has closed significantly over the last number of years, if that is due to Armagh getting better or Donegal getting worse who knows? The opening championship game will tell us. Last year against Monaghan we had the chance to show what we were capable off but found ourselves out of the game by the first water break.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Solo_run on February 17, 2022, 03:08:58 PM
I reserve judgement on McGeeney for now I refuse to be mislead by the teams progression in the league. Yes it is encouraging to see and for now satisfies Armagh fans but as far as I am concerned our league performances will count for nothing if they do not translate into the championship. I would like to think the gap between Armagh and Donegal has closed significantly over the last number of years, if that is due to Armagh getting better or Donegal getting worse who knows? The opening championship game will tell us. Last year against Monaghan we had the chance to show what we were capable off but found ourselves out of the game by the first water break.
Jesus you are hard to please, McGeeney took the job when no one wanted it as we were shite with no quality players.

maddog

Haven't seen much so far but are there signs that the defensive frailties have been lessened and if so what do you see as the main reasons for it ? They will be tested tomorrow anyway