AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

screenexile

This and the AIF will be the 2 best games of the year (do we count Wmeath Meath?)

Really looking forward to it.

INDIANA

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM
Should be some match

Mayo are in better form and have possibly for the first time the better team. Clear advantage at midfield and their full forward line are very elusive.

Travelling in hope for us.

Wildweasel74

Dublin still have the better forwards in Flynn, Connolly, Brogan, Kilkenny and free taking of Rock, to me they still be the favourites come game time

stephenite

Good to see we're continuing the absurd tradition of believing 'yerra cute hoorism' on the Internet will define who carries the favourites mantle into a game, in the belief that such comments could well influence the outcome of the game.

Bod Mor

If we get within eight points of them, I'll be celebrating.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Hound

Very worried about O'Shea at FF. Rory almost always has Donaghy in his pocket, but O'Shea is a different animal as he's a footballer as well as a great fielder.

Keegan and Higgins two of the best footballers in the country. Keegan v Connolly should be another battle royale. We might be tempted to leave Connolly in at 14 for longer spells, but we also need him out the field to contest kickouts as Mayo are far stronger than us in the air, so bit of a quandary.

I'm expecting a big game from Bernard.

Should be a cracker. Impossible to call

Whishtup

I expect this to be a really clean affair.

The Hill is Blue

I was always confident that Dublin would beat Mayo on big days until after the 2006 All Ireland semi final. Since then I have been nervous of Mayo and that has not changed. Mayo have the players to win this one.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Rossfan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 01:20:15 AM

Travelling in hope for us.

Is the game in Limerick??? :P

Will be some clash of the titans right enough.
Hopefully a manly battle and no Tyronediving etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

galwayman

I think Mayo are stronger overall.
The Dubs have dangerous forwards and dangerous runners but I think Mayo are more solid throughout the team.
They have huge ball winning power throughout the team & a far superior defence so I'd fancy them to win this.

beer baron

Expect Dublin to win and quite comfortably. Their forwards will be a shock to the system for Mayo and they'll find it hard/impossible to cope and if Mayo do get in front i still think they lack a bit of ruthlessness to my eyes, if Kerry or Dublin had Donegal on the ropes like that yesterday i suspect they would've won by 12+points.
Only slight doubt in my mind is if Aidan O' Shea puts in a colossal performance and destroys O' Carroll but as good as O' Shea is i can't see Gavin letting this happen, i expect Dublin to play slightly more conservatively from here on in and in truth expect them to win the All Ireland without any side getting within 3 or 4 points of them.

INDIANA

Quote from: galwayman on August 09, 2015, 11:07:01 AM
I think Mayo are stronger overall.
The Dubs have dangerous forwards and dangerous runners but I think Mayo are more solid throughout the team.
They have huge ball winning power throughout the team & a far superior defence so I'd fancy them to win this.

This is the same Mayo full back line that struggled on an average Galway full forward line.

That's superior? Interesting.

Syferus

Quote from: beer baron on August 09, 2015, 11:21:40 AM
Expect Dublin to win and quite comfortably. Their forwards will be a shock to the system for Mayo and they'll find it hard/impossible to cope and if Mayo do get in front i still think they lack a bit of ruthlessness to my eyes, if Kerry or Dublin had Donegal on the ropes like that yesterday i suspect they would've won by 12+points.
Only slight doubt in my mind is if Aidan O' Shea puts in a colossal performance and destroys O' Carroll but as good as O' Shea is i can't see Gavin letting this happen, i expect Dublin to play slightly more conservatively from here on in and in truth expect them to win the All Ireland without any side getting within 3 or 4 points of them.

You can't see a leaky Dublin defence being leaky? Really?

beer baron

Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2015, 11:50:04 AM
Quote from: beer baron on August 09, 2015, 11:21:40 AM

You can't see a leaky Dublin defence being leaky? Really?

"I expect Dublin to play slightly more conservatively" kind of does suggest that i think their current leaky defence might be a bit leaky but they may perhaps have a sweeper employed and the half forward line drop deeper.