Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Lukaku is absolutely shite

Milltown Row2

What a performance by DeGea! Spurs imploded a lot earlier now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Fantastic result for United, 6 wins in a row. One way traffic 2nd half all Spurs and they would have won or drawn but for Degea. Hasn't been many better individual performances in the PL than that 2nd half DeGea display today.

trailer

Great win. De Gea immense. They genuinely look happier. Ability to see the game out and clean sheet. Onwards.

stiffler

Quote from: stiffler on January 13, 2019, 12:01:19 PM
Utd 5/2 a great price today.

Called it earlier, hope few of you got on.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on January 13, 2019, 06:29:59 PM
Quote from: stiffler on January 13, 2019, 12:01:19 PM
Utd 5/2 a great price today.

Called it earlier, hope few of you got on.

You did but I didn't go with it to be fair! I didn't trust the defensive line up.. if Utd manage to get a top four finish (I doubt it) OGS should stay on a rolling yearly contract
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

Quote from: trailer on January 13, 2019, 06:20:03 PM
Lukaku is absolutely shite

Looks as if he's had one too many burgers!

stiffler

The race for top 4 well and truely on now.

The board should back ole in the market now.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GJL

6 games. 6 wins. He has to be in with a shout for the job full time. Today showed that he could change the tactics and win without going all out attack.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on January 13, 2019, 08:27:03 PM
6 games. 6 wins. He has to be in with a shout for the job full time. Today showed that he could change the tactics and win without going all out attack.

At this point he's in the running, no clear obvious candidates laying down any interest/intentions..

Wouldn't have Southgate as an option..

magpie seanie

Great result first and foremost. Obviously as the second half wore on it got more fraught and Spurs will be kicking themselves over the chances they missed (DeGea is amazing though - not just his reflexes but his uncanny ability to be in just the right place is something special). That said Lloris made a couple of fantastic saves as well (think he made 7 compared to DeGea's 11 - several of both were routine enough).

This was the big test for OGS and tactically he got it spot on from the start. The goal was coming as United looked like the old United on the break......deadly dangerous. Spurs regrouped at half time and Pochettino made the adjustments that helped turn the tide. United were still in control in the early period of the second half but the closer to the end it got the deeper United fell and the pressing in their half stopped. That they saw it out is great but the defense gave up way to many chances.....you won't get away with that every day and espsically against PSG, City or Liverpool. Really feel Jones needs to be sidelined. The guy is really struggling and was at sea again yesterday. Think his confidence is just shot. Not sure what the status of Bailly, Smalling or Rojo is presently (and all come with health warnings in some shape or form) but I think a differnet partner for Lindelof (who has turned things around from earlier in the season when I was convinced he was terrible) is required. Certainly an awful lot of work on the defensive side is required.....it all looks a little chaotic. Enthusiasm and spirit is papering over a few cracks at the minute.

I wasn't expecting a win but was hoping for a continuation of the positivity we'd seen in the previous 5 games. So it was better than that. some of the intricated triangle passing was really top drawer - you can see the players are confident and not afraid, in fact encouraged to use their abilities. Onwards and upwards. Been a long time since I've looked forward to the next game as much as in recent weeks.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 14, 2019, 09:29:19 AM
Great result first and foremost. Obviously as the second half wore on it got more fraught and Spurs will be kicking themselves over the chances they missed (DeGea is amazing though - not just his reflexes but his uncanny ability to be in just the right place is something special). That said Lloris made a couple of fantastic saves as well (think he made 7 compared to DeGea's 11 - several of both were routine enough).

This was the big test for OGS and tactically he got it spot on from the start. The goal was coming as United looked like the old United on the break......deadly dangerous. Spurs regrouped at half time and Pochettino made the adjustments that helped turn the tide. United were still in control in the early period of the second half but the closer to the end it got the deeper United fell and the pressing in their half stopped. That they saw it out is great but the defense gave up way to many chances.....you won't get away with that every day and espsically against PSG, City or Liverpool. Really feel Jones needs to be sidelined. The guy is really struggling and was at sea again yesterday. Think his confidence is just shot. Not sure what the status of Bailly, Smalling or Rojo is presently (and all come with health warnings in some shape or form) but I think a differnet partner for Lindelof (who has turned things around from earlier in the season when I was convinced he was terrible) is required. Certainly an awful lot of work on the defensive side is required.....it all looks a little chaotic. Enthusiasm and spirit is papering over a few cracks at the minute.

I wasn't expecting a win but was hoping for a continuation of the positivity we'd seen in the previous 5 games. So it was better than that. some of the intricated triangle passing was really top drawer - you can see the players are confident and not afraid, in fact encouraged to use their abilities. Onwards and upwards. Been a long time since I've looked forward to the next game as much as in recent weeks.

I've not seen the highlights but at first glance I didn't think Jones was any more culpable than Lindelof yesterday. I do think its easy to blame the defence but what was in front of them should take more of a blame, thought Matic & Herrera dropped too deep and Pogba didn't work hard to close Spurs down. Spurs created 2 chances from Corners and not sure whether it was Son or Ali who went through on De Gea even though United had plenty of defenders back but was probably Lindelof's fault for been too deep, he should have played them offside. The biggest problem was giving Eriksen too much space on the edge of the box, can't let a player with his ability have so much freedom going forward.

What has been missed is Pogba could have had a 2nd half hattrick, thought he missed the best chance of the game when Martial pulled it back to him.

Its a brilliant win though and pulls Spurs back into the top 4 hunt.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 14, 2019, 09:56:49 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 14, 2019, 09:29:19 AM

I've not seen the highlights but at first glance I didn't think Jones was any more culpable than Lindelof yesterday. I do think its easy to blame the defence but what was in front of them should take more of a blame, thought Matic & Herrera dropped too deep and Pogba didn't work hard to close Spurs down. Spurs created 2 chances from Corners and not sure whether it was Son or Ali who went through on De Gea even though United had plenty of defenders back but was probably Lindelof's fault for been too deep, he should have played them offside. The biggest problem was giving Eriksen too much space on the edge of the box, can't let a player with his ability have so much freedom going forward.

What has been missed is Pogba could have had a 2nd half hattrick, thought he missed the best chance of the game when Martial pulled it back to him.

Its a brilliant win though and pulls Spurs back into the top 4 hunt.

Ya - it wasn't that the bodies weren't there it was that they weren't in the right places or seemed to lack structure/organisation. And yes, defending is about more than just the back 4. I just think Jones looks the only one on the team who doesn't want to see the ball and has been playing poorly. Maybe I overstated things based on yesterday alone....I'll have to review the highlights myself later.

Totally right on the chances United had to kill it off, especially Pogba. The one he made out of nothing and almost lifted it over Lloris would have been something special. He still frustrates at times but he has immense ability and we're beginnning to get some consistency.

Boycey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWNKDAVmAuE

Solskjaers enthusiasm is infectious.

Regarding the centre backs as Seanie says there are health warning with them all, I'd not be annoyed with Jones staying in to be honest I'd prefer a settled pair rather than fellas jumping in and out, obviously there'll be rotation but unless United are bringing in a new long term centre back pick 2 of them and get on with it.