Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Solskjaer actual tactical influence will have been negligable so far, it's been match, recovery, match thusfar. The main difference has been theyve played 20 yards further up the pitch and obviously players are keen to show their wares under a new regime. The squad is currently on route to Dubai where Solkjaer has said he'll work them fairly hard.

Over the Bar

5 wins from 5.  Long time since that happened regardless of opposition.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 05, 2019, 05:59:35 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on January 05, 2019, 04:19:48 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2019, 04:59:07 PM
Lukaku is playing much better and scoring too since the change of manager.

It's laughable to claim Lukaku is playing much better since the change of manager. ffs

Why?

Exactly. Why? He is playing much better. I still wouldn't start him but at least he's scoring goals again.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 05, 2019, 02:28:54 PM
Another win and clean sheet for OGS but performance wise against one of the worst sides in the championship that was dreadful from United. Individually no player would have got a rating over 6 today.

Dreadful is a bit strong but it was quite disjointed. 9 changes was too many but it was the right decision given the opposition and the plans for next week and the Spurs game. Thankfully Reading were terrible in the final 3rd and United did just about enough. Thought Pereira did quite well. Lost some balls but overall worked hard and had some neat and tidy work. Needs to physically develop you'd feel. Loved the reception Chong received. He looked lively too, will be interesting to see how he develops. Certainly doesn't look to have any fear about him.

Cunny Funt

Arsenal v Man United 4th round tie looks spicy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 07, 2019, 09:54:13 PM
Arsenal v Man United 4th round tie looks spicy

Could have been worse, could have. Ended up with City, Spurs and Wolves
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Utd's 99 treble winning team can rest easy tonight.

From the Bunker

Quote from: GJL on January 07, 2019, 10:06:20 PM

Why? Were Man City knocked out of the Cup?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 07, 2019, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 07, 2019, 10:06:20 PM

Why? Were Man City knocked out of the Cup?

Well it's Liverpool  who are favourites for the league. I'd say City be a good bet for the CL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Utds next big fixtures:

Spurs (a)
Arsenal FA cup (a)
PSG (h)
Liverpool (h)
PSG (a)
Arsenal (a)
City (h)

Season ending series of matches or season defining set of games for OGS..

Boycey

Are we ignoring the other matches?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on January 08, 2019, 06:29:33 PM

Certainly shouldn't as this season alone United have dropped points against West Ham,Wolves,Brighton,Southampton and Crystal Palace. He left out the Chelsea game that is probably United's most important fixture if they happen to be still in the race for 4th by the time that fixture comes around.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 08, 2019, 06:29:33 PM

These are just the next big ones against teams above Utd.. that wil let Utd know where they are at, yes they have Burnley Leicester and Brighton and others but these games, as I've said in the post. The next big games

Boycey

I think United have 9 league games up to and including the City game, would there be any point in winning the 3 you list if they lost the other 6? Consistency of performance is what's needed I'd say? The cup games will look after themselves, a cup run be nice though..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 08, 2019, 07:17:25 PM
I think United have 9 league games up to and including the City game, would there be any point in winning the 3 you list if they lost the other 6? Consistency of performance is what's needed I'd say? The cup games will look after themselves, a cup run be nice though..

It will be a reflection on how they deal with the pressure of big games, I'd be confident that the Utd team can perform really well against the teams I didn't list but what should give you a better idea overall is performance against Liverpool City Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal.

If the performance (not so much result, as league standings currently I believe will be as are at end of season) is there I'd be happier as it would give a good platform for next season. A cup run would be nice also