Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: The Trap on November 06, 2017, 10:02:04 PM
Peter Harte can do all of that. He played one of the best passes I seen all year in the county final. And to say that McCann and Harte at half back is not attacking........I would not like to be marking either of them as a half forward if I was one on one.
yeah but what happens when they both have to mark really good wing half forwards? they will be over run. half backs need to defend first and attack second

Therealdonald

Quote from: The Trap on November 06, 2017, 09:51:58 PM
7 out of position????
Well Morgan is a keeper.
Brennan has played corner back for uuj
Hampsey was full back on u21 all Ireland winning team
MCNAmee more a corner back than full back
McCann and Harte attacking half backs with great engines
Burns centre back on all Ireland u21 team and great on the ball ( can take frees too)
Cavanagh defensive midfielder
Donnelly attacking midfielder
Meyler and mcgeary won sigerson this year in these positions
Donnelly played underage and for uuj at wing forward
Bradley is a corner forward
Mcaliskey up along with Bradley
Sludden drifting out the pitch as he can play half forward/half back and add to a great running team with 2 up front to hit
Cavanagh playing his role with legs all around the middle 8 to defend and attack.

I thought it wasn't too bad myself
oh I read it wrong, you're playing the same system? My mistake. Then its all wrong

The Trap

I think they would do well but that is only an opinion

southtyronegael

no harm in having an opinion. mc cann just wont count against the big teams.

Thebigdog

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 06, 2017, 09:34:35 PM
Quote from: Thebigdog on November 06, 2017, 09:27:24 PM
Quote from: DEL on November 06, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
Thebigdog it's time to delete your account and step away from the keyboard.
Peter Harte he said  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: The Trap on November 06, 2017, 09:14:06 PM
Peter Harte is a quality footballer and I would love to see him playing at no 7 in an attack minded team, something along these lines:
                N morgan
R Brennan P Hampsey R MCNAmee
T MCCann F BUrns P Harte
           C Cavanagh
           M Donnelly
c meyler KMcGeary R DOnnelly
m Bradley C mcaliskey n sludden

With lee Brennan D Mulgrew and mccurry coming on
in fairness that looks like a team and system we could go and look at. See how simple it is too pick a team and they say only MH knows how to manage Tyrone. Unfortunately this line up will not happen for at least three years at least.

So thats a team we should look at bigdog? Even though Harte is lined out as a defender? And you think he can't handle unsavoury stuff but think he should be lined out as a defender? That name is a division 2 team. At least 7 of them out of position...clueless trolls
your the one who's a troll, talking down others. If you have nothing intelligent to add to the debate just do one. Any way Pete at number seven would be a weakness alright. He would be too easily bullied and marked out of it. Going man to man especially at a intercounty level is about going to war.  Tyrone won All Ireland's going to war anything else is a crock of shit.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Thebigdog on November 06, 2017, 10:45:18 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on November 06, 2017, 09:34:35 PM
Quote from: Thebigdog on November 06, 2017, 09:27:24 PM
Quote from: DEL on November 06, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
Thebigdog it's time to delete your account and step away from the keyboard.
Peter Harte he said  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Peter Harte is a quality footballer and I would love to see him playing at no 7 in an attack minded team, something along these lines:
                N morgan
T MCCann F BUrns P Harte
           C Cavanagh
           M Donnelly

in fairness that looks like a team and system we could go and look at. See how simple it is too pick a team and they say only MH knows how to manage Tyrone. Unfortunately this line up will not happen for at least three years at least.

So thats a team we should look at bigdog? Even though Harte is lined out as a defender? And you think he can't handle unsavoury stuff but think he should be lined out as a defender? That name is a division 2 team. At least 7 of them out of position...clueless trolls
your the one who's a troll, talking down others. If you have nothing intelligent to add to the debate just do one. Any way Pete at number seven would be a weakness alright. He would be too easily bullied and marked out of it. Going man to man especially at a intercounty level is about going to war.  Tyrone won All Ireland's going to war anything else is a crock of shit.

Jesus I was only joking.
                  Morgan
Cassidy       McNamee      Hampsey
McCann       McNabb         Brennan
                M Donnelly
                C Cavanagh
Meyler/Mulgrew           Harte            Sludden
McAliskey          Bradley           Ronan O'Neill

Play more fundamental a la Mayo. Move defenders round to man mark whoever is necessary. Play at least 4 forwards up top. If Andy Moran can win POTY at 40, surely we can train our most natural forward (O'Neill) to be an all-star? No more constant sweeper or packing the box with 8 men, didn't work. Hammer the hammer with the dubs, matty on mccarthy, cavanagh on fenton, mcnabb against o'callaghan. Go out and play. But get our best 15 on the field to win, not our best 15 on the field not to lose.

The Trap

Well my thinking is that ciaran Kilkenny could do what he liked against Tyrone but I am not so sure how he would get on trying to run after Pete Harte. And I also think that Harte could mark him if given that role, just as Lee keegan did.
I agree on the man on man going to war bit. In the club championship games like trillick v coalisland and pomeroy v clonoe showed that the Tyrone lads can go man to man.
But man to man in a Dublin kind of way post to he Donegal game in 2014 with Cavanagh doing the cian O'Sullivan role.

ose 14

the problem is colm cavnagh lacks pace and cant pass the ball like cian o sullivan. i do like the idea of more than one forward though that might cause the hoss a problem with taking away one of his 13 defenders. the three best teams in the country dublin mayo and slaughtneil are built on defenders who can defend their own square who have pace to get themselves out of trouble if cornered and can make a bloody tackle. now if the mickey taker could get away from donegal 2012 set up and get someone to communicate to the players that they are capable of defending on their own we might move forward. id get caroline currid back in as she appeared to work mircales with the team in 2008. at least she can communicate.
it will be a major challenge for the same set up after the physical battering and pyschological damage dublin have inflicted. many of the tyrone players will look at the same tired old set up again this year and think why bother.

Il Bomber Destro

N morgan
T MCCann F BUrns P Harte
           C Cavanagh
           M Donnelly

Very small and light in that forward line which is a problem for us irrespective of which players we choose in the squad right now.

I hope Rory Brennan and Cassidy get tried out at corner back this year, McCarron's legs seem to be going and they have great pace and tenacity so might be more suited if we're going to leave the defence a little more exposed next year. Would prefer leave Hamspey at 6 as he was excelling further out the pitch last year.

Would definitely be trying to find a place for McClure in the starting side as he impressed greatly last year any time he played.

Il Bomber Destro

Best of luck to Moy this weekend.

Could actually be a bit of a blessing in disguise if they win Ulster this year. Colm Cavanagh has been instrumental for us over the past few years and if anything happens to him then we could be in bother with the system we play so playing the opening league games and McKenna Cup without him involved would help answer a few questions for the side and come up with a contingency.

Tyrone Gaa

Valid point. If Moy are to progress you would imagine Colm would be committed to the club and have to miss the McKenna cup and possibly the early league rounds. This might force MH into looking at other systems or options to partner Colm. I've heard it mentioned Colm is a full back, I understand he has that physical presence but I wouldn't fancy him Man marking a top forward.
Living the dream!!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 07, 2017, 04:56:53 PM
Valid point. If Moy are to progress you would imagine Colm would be committed to the club and have to miss the McKenna cup and possibly the early league rounds. This might force MH into looking at other systems or options to partner Colm. I've heard it mentioned Colm is a full back, I understand he has that physical presence but I wouldn't fancy him Man marking a top forward.

Agreed, he is superb in the role he carries out. By far and away our most important player with the way we play at present. His best position is as a midfielder, he's a real warrior who will give you everything, he's very mobile for a big man, he's a great fielder and if we do change tactics then he'll still be automatic starter at midfield, whether he will be as influential as he is in his current role is a different question.

I don't think he is a full back, many people are caught under the illusion he could do a job there because he protects the square well but I think he could be a bit rash and caught out by the movement of some top forwards to play as a man marker back there.

I thought he had a great year in 2013 when himself and Sean played as traditional midfielders for Tyrone, his footballing ability has come on leaps and bounds so I wouldn't have any worries about him as a traditional midfielder.

square_ball

Also be interesting to see who will be named as captain. Who are the candidates? Cavanagh or Donnelly look to be the most obvious.

skeog

Peter Harte be the most likely candidate.

Therealdonald

I think it should be Mattie Donnelly but most likely will be Petey.